LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL 08 !

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Re: LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL '08 !

Noodle said:
Well, looks like there's some interest here! WONDERFUL!!!

I

If anyone has a water unit, feel free to bring it. The site is bordered on the west side by a bayou, not very deep that time of year, and probably loaded with junk. I'll be posting pics as soon as I get them reduced in size. The water rises with the winter rains, then recedes. In case you're not familiar with a bayou, consider it a creek. About 1/2 to 3 feet in depth on a good day; 15 feet on a bad day. :)

Noodle

She forgot to mention the gators. On purpose or accidentally, I'm not sure.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The gators don't normally bother you if you make a sacrifice before the hunt. --They like River Rats and other rodents. (Just kidding!) Wish I could attend.
DG

oberkill

Aug 12, 2005

Your right I did forget Schloopy, someone keep an eye on that character too! I am confident you can manage to find trouble and if I could make it I would be there with you to help! lol

Alan

ridge_runner said:
oberkill said:
$#@$% I have already signed up for a trip in April and it just happens to be that weekend. SUX. You guys have fun and try to keep Ridge Runner out of trouble. ;)

Alan

Am I the only one that needs to be kept out of trouble?????? Wow, I must really have made a great impression on my Rowdy Bunch friends. How can you get in trouble in the middle of a pasture eating crawdaddys. Maybe I can figure out a way but only if Schloopy come too. LOL!!!!

rr

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

Hey Noodle,
Thanks for the PM regarding the LA Bayou Hunt. Count us and the Waterproof couple in. I also have a hunting buddy from Natchez that will try to make the hunt. Here are some photos of what we find in LA. My hunting buddies and I found these in Tensas Parish. We did not actually dig these up, we found them in an old barn. The 1922 Model T had been in the barn for 70 plus years. The wood wagon was made for hauling cypress logs from the Mississippi River. The river boats are all about 100 years old. We also found many bottles and antiques including a very old Louisville slugger baseball bat and a bamboo cane flyrod. We still plan to tare down the old barn, will salvage the wood and hunt the foundation for bottles and relics.
This is my first shot at loading photos, hope it works out.
Me & Model T.JPG River Boats & Wife.JPG Wagon & Wife.JPG

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

What happens if you get a gator drunk? ??? Just wondering is all... ::) :)

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow, Gray Cloud, those are great!!! Can I come down and look around your place sometime? Glad everyone can make the Hunt!!! Keep watching for details on here.

MasterEagle ... Well, the last person I talked to that got a gator drunk couldn't remember a whole lot about it. Loss of blood, or some silly excuse like that. His nubs have healed now and somebody else has to hold his suds for him.

-Noodle

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok! nice Quite ??? ME and BB ;) For got you 2 did get the after hours experince ;D so --DO we need to have Ridge runner be your guys chaparone? :o !

EVY

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

if I remember right RR wasn't a very good chaperone the last time, I don't think time has helped all that much.
someone was telling me about having to vacate the local watering hole last time, something to do with RR and Schloopy.
Or am I mistaken ????????????? LMAO

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

Sniffer said:
if I remember right RR wasn't a very good chaperon the last time, I don't think time has helped all that much.
someone was telling me about having to vacate the local watering hole last time, something to do with RR and Schloopy.
Or am I mistaken ????????????? LMAO

It wasn't my fault and again I'm not conceding to anything.... It was either the circus pony's fault or maybe it was that guy Tinier than Tiny.

And I need no chaperon..... Just a flashlight and a broken compass with a 4 corner map.....

rr

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sniffer I am sorry you are right!

RR Was there also something about a real ugly girl at that watering hole, or am I remembering the story wrong ???
Anywhosit everyone is going to have a blast again!

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

what's a four corner map?? ??? do I want to know??

Don't need a compass here, RR. Just fall down and go to sleep. The raccoons will wake you up. :D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

hey if you have to fall down to sleep you're doing it wrong, you sit down first, that way you can drink more LOL
now wasn't that ugly girl with tiny or was that his pet (baaaaaaa)

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think I remember hearing something like that ------she was with Tiny a (misunderstanding of something that was said or not said, or implied), but Tiny or someone was a bit upset ???, I wasn't there but it sure sounded like a lot of fun!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

I wasn't there either but, I think RR said or did something he shouldn't have. maybe he told her to get him another beer and she was going to do it until tiny showed up, some people get upset over the little things.

just remember, don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro

Hummmm sounds interesting. Please send details when you have them.

Thanks
Cat

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

MG, Noodle, and Sniffer,

Here are some lessons too learn!!!! The whole point to any place of dislocation in which you are not a native of the primary village and know no one and are with a clan of Rowdy Bunch representatives is this: Never walk into a watering hole thinking the people will welcome you if refuse to pass out wooden nickles first. Second, never go to the latrine alone and stand next to a local that's bigger than Lou Ferigno (SP) and expect him to say congrats on your birth right. Don't worry, I'll never tell anyone whom the RB member was who earned the nickname Tinier than Tiny!!!! Third, always be prepared to extend your hand, wallet and offer to buy suds for anyone looking like Freddy Fender and in addition someone who works out with a needle filled with steroids. Fourth, don't wander town when most locals are sound asleep in their hay loft and expect someone to give you directions to your own sleeping accommodations. Lastly, never befriend anyone on a bike in a small town at 230 in the AM. You never know if they'll have sandwhich bread or if they'll even have lunch meat and don't expect mayo. The most import lesson I feel is, know your Rowdy Bunch friends..... Never let anyone (outside of the RB ranks) try to corral a RB member whilst they are 4 sheets to the wind, tough as nails and full of pride!!!! Please everyone, know these rules before the night begins. Plus, pick your friends wisely. Ensure they will not leave during hodown interrogation.....

rr

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

:D RR, did you stay up all night to compose that?? ;D

Actually, if the truth be known, word is going to filter through the village prior to ya'lls arrival. Once inside my little enclave, I'm gonna lock the front gates (only way out) and watch. A timely spotlight about dark-thirty should show the village idiots lined up and peering in the gates to see what's going on around the bonfires! ;D ;D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

ridge_runner said:
MG, Noodle, and Sniffer,

Never let anyone (outside of the RB ranks) try to corral a RB member whilst they are 4 sheets to the wind, tough as nails and full of pride!!!! Please everyone, know these rules before the night begins. Plus, pick your friends wisely. Ensure they will not leave during hodown interrogation.....

rr

Oops guess I was the offending person/outsider here. :-[ I just didn't want you killing any of the locals. It would have made it hard on Burdie. ;) Remember what I do for a living, 10 years in the ICU taught me enough about when to stand your ground and when a tactical retreat is warranted. Simple math US=5 Them=18, not good odds. Again I didn't want you to have to kill half the town to get us out of there. We thought the whole thing was over when we left. I will NEVER knowingly leave a man behind!!!! >:(

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

shhhhhhh, you guys are scaring the daylights out of the newbies who have expressed an interest in this hunt!! :D :D

They're really nice mannered folks, everyone! Well, most of them, er, some of... nevermind...

::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread