LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL 08 !

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: LOUISIANA BAYOU HUNT - DATE SET - APRIL '08 !

I have gotton these brfore its been awhile and they are still as funny as the 1st time I love um!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#27 - Boudreaux's Speeding Ticket

One day Boudreaux was driving the car with Clotile in the passenger seat.
A policeman pulled Boudreaux's car over to the side of the road and the policeman came to the window of the car next to Boudreaux.

The policeman told Boudreaux that he was speeding and that he would have to give Boudreaux a speeding ticket.

Boudreaux tells the policeman that he was not speeding. Boudreaux then turns to Clotile and says, "Mais, Clotile you was watchin me. Tell de officer if dats true dat I was speedin!"

Clotile turns to the officer and says, "Mais officer, I can't tell you whether my husband was speedin because I don't pay attention to him when he's drunk!".

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#17 - Boudreaux's Boat For Sale?

One day, Boudreaux had a sign in his yard that read "Boat for Sale."
Pierre came by and said, "Boudreaux ... tell me sometin ... why you got dat sign in dat yard dat say 'Boat for Sale'? Mais, you ain't got no boat!"

Boudreaux replied "Mais no I don't got no boat, but see my car over dare by dat sign?"

Pierre responded "Mais yeah I see dat car."

Boudreaux then said "And see my trailor over dare by dat sign?"

Pierre said "Mais yeah I see dat trailor."

Boudreaux said "Mais Pierre, dey boat for sale, wats de matter wid you!"

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#13 - Clotile's Milk Bath

For Valentines Day Boudreaux wanted to get Clotile, his wife, a real surprise. She had been wanting a milk bath for a long time.
So Boudreaux told his friend Pierre, he say, "Pierre," he say, "I wanna give Clotile a milk bath for Valentine Day." He say, "Why don't you bring you cow over to da house and put me some milk in da battub."

And Pierre say, "Okay, Boudreaux," he say, "Dat milk, you want dat pasteurize?"

Boudreaux thought about it a while, then said, "No, just so it covers her belly, dat's all I want."

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boudreaux gets a cell phone

Boudreaux went to da local Wal Marts store a bought hiself a cell phone. He didn't know too much about how dey work, jus dat you press da green button when you get a call and da red button when you done talkin'. Da most important ting to Boudreaux was dat he got him one of dem clips so he could hang da cell phone on his belt so people would know dat he was a businessman. Well as soon as he lef da Wal Marts he calls up his wife to tell her da good news about his cell phone and give her da number.

Boudreaux decides dat he's gonna show off his new phone to Thibodeaux so he hangs dat phone on his belt an goes struttin' into Thibodeaux's shop wit his hip stickin' out so Thibodeaux can't miss seeing da phone. Thibodeaux looks at Boudreaux wit a surprise on his face and he say, "Boudreaux, what you got dere?" Boudreaux say, "dat's my new cell phone, I need dat for my business." Bout dat time dat cell phone start to ring. Boudreaux quickly press dat green button and he say in a loud voice so everyone can hear, "hello, dis is Boudreaux's businessman cell phone, can I help you?" "Boudreaux, dis is your wife," she said while shakin' her head bout how he answered dat phone, "on your way home, stop and get some milk, OK?" Boudreaux answered loudly, "well, of course I will do dat, I will take care of dat right away. By da way, how did you know dat I was here at Thibodeaux's shop?"

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Magnolia_grandiflora.jpg
Louisiana State Flower​

The magnolia blossom was designated the state flower of Louisiana in 1900. The southern magnolia (Magnolia grandiflora) is a medium size hardwood tree that grows in the southest USA (also called evergreen magnolia,

bull-bay, big-laurel, little gem or large-flower magnolia). The large, fragrant white flowers and leathery evergreen leaves make the magnolia tree popular around the world as an ornamental.

The seeds are eaten by squirrels, opossums, quail, and turkey. The leaves, fruit, bark and wood yield extracts with potential use in pharmaceuticals. The lumber is used to make furniture, pallets, and veneer.

PELICAN.jpg
Louisiana State Bird​

The brown pelican was designated the state bird of Louisiana in 1966. Early European settlers were impressed with the pelican's generous and nurturing attitude toward their young, and the brown pelican has been a symbol of Louisiana since that time.

Louisiana's nickname remains "The Pelican State" - and the pelican appears on Louisiana's state flag, state seal, the official state painting (along with many other symbols and icons of Louisiana), and is one of three Louisiana symbols displayed on the U.S. mint's bicentennial quarter:

Louisiana_quarter.jpg

The state bird of Louisiana is unique among the world's seven species of pelicans. The brown pelican is found along the ocean shores and not on inland lakes. It is the only dark pelican, and also the only one that plunges from the air into the water to catch its food.

I am Louisiana
by Paul Ott
(State cultural poem adopted 2006)

I'm Spanish moss on a live oak tree
Cajun fried shrimp and a cypress knee.
I'm Bienville, Captain Shreve, Beauregard, Zack Taylor and Jean Lafitte.
I'm New Orleans, the land of dreams Creole cookin' and a Mardi Gras king.
I'm a thoroughbred racin' at Louisiana Downs,
Avery Island and a Catahoula hound.
I'm the Louisiana Hayride and the birth of the blues,
The Evangeline, Chickory Coffee and Baton Rouge.
I'm when the Saints Go Marchin' In the Superdome,
The Atchafalaya and an old plantation home.
I'm jambalaya, a catfish fry and a filet gumbo,
A sugar cane patch, Pete Fountain, French Quarter and Satchmo.
Well, I'm the Mississippi River as it rounds the bend.
I am Louisiana. Ya'll Come Back Again.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Louisiana State Dog
catahoula%20leopard%20dog.jpg

The Catahoula Leopard Dog was designated the official state dog of Louisiana in 1979. Catahoula leopard dogs are bred to find livestock in any terrain - swamps, canyons, forests, or mountains - largest and most aggressive of the cattle dogs, they can handle wild cattle and hogs in the roughest country. Leopard dogs are the only native domesticated North American breed of dog - developed by Indians and early settlers.

Leopard dogs are extremely agile and athletic, territorial, and protective. They come in all colors but are best known for a blue/grey base with black/liver spots ("blue leopard"), with tan legs and face, white toes and chest. It's common for the eyes to be two different colors. They're not good city dwellers - need several acres to run on, preferably with livestock to protect.

The roots of the Catahoula leopard dog are unclear, but the following breeds are believed to be part of its ancestry:

Xoloitzcuintli (in Mexico 3300 years prior to Spanish exploration, pronounced "show-low-eats-queent-lee" (also called Mexican hairless), the Peruvian Inca orchid (resembles a small deer in structure and movement), the french beauceron - a herding dog colored black with rust stockings or merle (leopard), and the Carolina dog - most likely the "Indian dog" base stock which interbred with european immigrant breeds to produce the Catahoula (the Carolina dog is directly related to the Australian dingo and African jackal and was recently discovered surviving in uninhabited areas of the American southeast).

Quote from the Secretary of state's Website: "...This hound is a cross of a domestic dog the Indians of the Catahoula lake region raised and a Spanish "war dog" that came through the area in the early 1500's."

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

River Rat said:
Louisiana State Dog

The Catahoula Leopard Dog was designated the official state dog of Louisiana in 1979. Catahoula leopard dogs are bred to find livestock in any terrain - swamps, canyons, forests, or mountains - largest and most aggressive of the cattle dogs, they can handle wild cattle and hogs in the roughest country. Leopard dogs are the only native domesticated North American breed of dog - developed by Indians and early settlers.

Leopard dogs are extremely agile and athletic, territorial, and protective. They come in all colors but are best known for a blue/grey base with black/liver spots ("blue leopard"), with tan legs and face, white toes and chest. It's common for the eyes to be two different colors. They're not good city dwellers - need several acres to run on, preferably with livestock to protect.

The roots of the Catahoula leopard dog are unclear, but the following breeds are believed to be part of its ancestry:

Xoloitzcuintli (in Mexico 3300 years prior to Spanish exploration, pronounced "show-low-eats-queent-lee" (also called Mexican hairless), the Peruvian Inca orchid (resembles a small deer in structure and movement), the french beauceron - a herding dog colored black with rust stockings or merle (leopard), and the Carolina dog - most likely the "Indian dog" base stock which interbred with european immigrant breeds to produce the Catahoula (the Carolina dog is directly related to the Australian dingo and African jackal and was recently discovered surviving in uninhabited areas of the American southeast).

Quote from the Secretary of state's Website: "...This hound is a cross of a domestic dog the Indians of the Catahoula lake region raised and a Spanish "war dog" that came through the area in the early 1500's."

I was given a dog several months ago and wondered what she was. I think this might be her breed. Strange being in cattle business that I have never heard of the breed before. I will have to post a picture of her thanks

yes I am going back to bed :(

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

la_painting.jpg
"Louisiana"​

"Louisiana" was designated the official painting for the state of Louisiana in 1995. The original painting hangs at the State Capitol, and a copy is displayed at the Governor's mansion. This painting was a 10 year collaborative effort between a father and son team of artists (Johnny O. Bell and Johnny F. Bell). "Louisiana" contains a representation for all official symbols and commonly accepted icons of Louisiana, and the painting is dominated by the state colors of gold, white and blue.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BEF,

They're very pretty dogs, we don't use them with our cattle...ours are not wild. We use heelers, due to the fact heelers herd from the heel. Catahoula's herd from the head...mostly working with wild cattle. I ran across this picture while surfing...neat picture but I know what the Catahoula can do to cattle.

catahoula (2).jpg

Good article for you to read. http://www.susanshami.com/what_are_catahoulas2.htm

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

lol thanks we have always used heelers and a few austrailan sherperds along with horses. My daddy nor would I ever stand for a dog to grab a cow or calf. Several folks I know that brought them to the farm were given choices due to it. Take the dog away and not bring it back or if it happens again you will be burying the dog.

Cheesecake Hunk

Feb 18, 2008
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger, MineLab SE pro

Boudreaux an Thibodeaux get a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose. They bag six big ones.
As Boudreaux and Thibodeaux start loading the plane for the return trip to the bayou,
the pilot says "the plane can only take four of those moose.
The 2 Cajuns object strongly "las year when we had shot seex and dah pilot put dem all on board yea,
and heem had dah same plane as dis!" Relunctantly, the pilot gives in and all six are loaded on board.
However, even with full power, the little plane can't handle the load and down it goes and crashes in the wilderness.
A few moments later, climbing from the wreckage, Boudreaux aks Thibodeaux
"Thib, ah don' have dah foggiest where we are, me!
Thibodeaux says "Me neither, cher, but ah tink we pretty close to where we crash last year!' ;D ;D ;D

Cheesecake...

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Boudreaux Becomes A Pilot

Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are out looking for a job. They are walking by some building with a sign that says "Pilots Wanted". So Thibodeaux tells Boudreaux "Mais Boudreaux. You're a pilot, you should go get dat job!"
So Boudreaux go inside and he tells da manager dat he is a pilot, with 20 years experience. The manager immediately hires him. Boudreaux come back out and tells Thibodeaux he got da job. Thibodeaux says "Mais, if you can get dat job, den I can to!" He goes inside and talks to the manager. The manager asks him, "So you're a pilot like Boudreaux? I really need more pilots."
Thibodeaux responds "No, I shovel manure."
The manager replies "I'm sorry, but I really have no need for that."
Thibodeaux, confused, asks "Mais, you just hired Boudreaux!"
The manager responds "Yes, he's a pilot."
Thibodeaux laughs and says "Mais boug, I got you on dis one here...you see, ole Boudreaux can't pile it unless I shovel it!"

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Da Fishin' Pole

Boudreaux is walking down the road when he's approached by his friend, Thibodeaux, who is carrying a very long bamboo fishing pole, and a yardstick. They stop and talk awhile, when Thibodeaux stands the fishing pole straight up in the air, and attempts to reach the very top with the yardstick. Seeing it won't work, Boudreaux yanks the pole from Thibodeaux's hands , lays it on the sidewalk and measures it.
"There you go; it's 12 feet long", says Boudreaux.
Thibodeaux, upset and very irritated, grabs the yardstick and yells to Boudreaux, "You fool!! I don't want to know how long it is!! I want to know how high it is!'

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

Bridge End Farm said:
River Rat said:
Louisiana State Dog
sarah 3.jpg

I was given a dog several months ago and wondered what she was. I think this might be her breed. Strange being in cattle business that I have never heard of the breed before. I will have to post a picture of her thanks

yes I am going back to bed :(

This is Sarah, she is 7 1/2 months old and weights 75 pounds roughly. What do you think Judie? Does she fit the descripition and look like one of these doggies.​

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is Sarah, she is 7 1/2 months old and weights 75 pounds roughly. What do you think Judie? Does she fit the descripition and look like one of these doggies.

Sarah has that look, kinda hard to tell about her eyes though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions