Louisiana T-NET get together ????

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Sammy's is where they cook Cajune, Seafood, FIsh and Steaks with pride and quaility. The steaks are choice meat, cooked over an open flame and seasoned just right. The Crawdads are washed like I would do them, season and boiled just right. And no, you cannot smell the cooked Crawdads when you walk through the door, because they are properly washed. All their dishes are outstanding, we have never had a bad experience there and we have been know to drive two hours one way, just to eat.

The one in Baton Rouge is located on Highland.
The one in Zackery is located on 964, I think that is correct.

All that want to go Friday, follow the Gray Z71 about 6PM. :thumbsup:

PS. Prices are not bad at all.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just stumbled upon this!

Dan and I would love to participate, but Easter weekend is out. Too much going on. Let us know if another weekend is available and we will try our best to be there.

Noodle

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noodle, I was just thinking if this get together is a hit, why not do it several times a year in different locations of the state. Wouldn't even have to do all what we got planned. Just a meeting place, sit, chat & eat. ;D

Sorta like our military "ROMEO" breakfasts/suppers we have once a month. Now don't laugh..."ROMEO" stands for "Retired Old Men Eating Out", I was the first female retiree years after the guys so I didn't think they needed to change the name. Now there's 2 females dining out with these guys, but we still insist on keeping that name.

:wink: RR

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm available, 'Rat, just let us know what, when and where. Even if Dan can't get away, I'm available. But remember, I'm not retired yet! ha! I'll just do my best to be wherever, whenever. We can do one over here at our place now and then, too. Just gotta get organized and retired! Just keep me informed. - Noodle

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Hey Gator, Tensas and I will let you know asap. Looks like some Florida folks may show up. Heard they taste like chicken. Well, as long as they eat crawdads like us, they will be okay. Who knows, they may even teach us a thing or two. :thumbsup:

Apparently you've never seen a FL chicken....... :wink:
10958_18_03_09_9_28_49.jpg

During a couple decades of police work I actually did have a couple perps bite me. After they regained consciousness, neither one of them mentioned any poultry flavor!?! But then, I moved to FL from MO, so I'd probably taste like a cross between a karkaghne and a grizzled Ozark razorback. If somebody could choke any down it would be a sure recipe for indigestion. :sad1:

Anyway, I caught crawdads all the time back home, mostly for bass bait. Haven't been fishing down here yet, but it's just as well. I'd have to fight my wife for 'em, cause she likes "mud bugs" Cajun seasoned and steamed.........

As for teachin' anyone "a thing or two", it just depends on what they wanna know......... ;D

Oh yeah; Judy, we'd be coming in on Friday and staying at a nearby hotel or B&B, so any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
It seems that the Park is booked up. Where else can we look in that area? May have to drive down that morning. It being a major holliday.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear the park is booked. I spoke with them myself, and they say it's normally a 11 mos advance reservation :o Oh well, so much for that.

Ponchatoula has only one hotel...Microtel
http://www.microtelinn.com/MicrotelInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=29279&brandInfo=MT

Bed & Breakfast Inn...I spoke with Cathie, she owns this B&B called "My Home Is Your Home", she's welcoming anyone who wants to stay there. http://www.bandbla.com/index.html She did mention of the Easter Parade for that Saturday, but I believe at the time of the parade we will be at the Museum, the parade should be over before we get to Paul's Cafe.

Called Paul to give him a heads up that his cafe will be getting invaded around lunch time. http://www.paulscafe.net/index.html

Just trying to stay as close as possible to the area, if anyone wants a room in the Hammond area,
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-hammond-louisiana-LA221?promo=gglocal

All 3 of the places listed above are members of the Chamber of Commerce...that's why they're posted here. There's other places in Hammond, I can get listing if you want.

CopCop

Greenie
Dec 17, 2008
Metry, LA
From a not-too-frequent poster, the overnighters might have better luck seeking accomodations in Hammond. Mrs. Fury was telling me about those crawfish beignets last Saturday. What do ya put on those? Powdered sugar or cocktail sauce? :wink:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CopCop,

There's so much traffic congestion in the Hammond area, and I was thinking that the Ponchy motel would be better for all. Unless one was to choose a hotel right off I-55 in Hammond. I will give a listing of those if anyone requests it.

I never had the crawfish beignet, I would assume you would have the cocktail sauce to dip it in. I've had the strawberry beignets, it's sprinkled with powdered sugar and you have whipped cream to dip into. Yummy!

You're coming too, I hope!

CopCop

Greenie
Dec 17, 2008
Metry, LA
I'll be there, too, RR! And oops! Mrs. Fury was telling me about the strawberry beignets, I must have crawfish on my mind! ::) I hear Berry Patch has Bananas Foster filled beignets, too.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What RR, no camping in your yard with the new calves? We could take turns feeding and give you a break. LOl!
Wish I could get invited to this!!!

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I haven't been begged to come
Oh , Boo Hoo Hoo!

Steve ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Everyone's invited to this little get together, no major hunt, prizes and stuff like that. It's just to meet, eat and enjoy each others company. Spouses are welcomed too.
Juanmoretime said:
Wish I could get invited to this!!!
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I haven't been begged to come
Oh , Boo Hoo Hoo!
Steve ;D

Steve, as the quote says above "Everyone's Invited" that includes YOU!! Come on down!!

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
River Rat said:
Is the 11th ok with everyone? Easter Sunday is the 12th, so I was thinking it might be a bad weekend if you have Easter Sunday plans.

Wayne will open the museum for 9:00, our tentative plans to gather there, tour the museum ($3.00 per person), Wayne did ask for members to try not to pay in $20s, he will not have that much change on him. Go to Paul's Cafe eat lunch, dessert (snack) at Berry Patch, tour the Collinswood Museum, and if everyone is up to par a possible run to Frenier (about 20 miles down I-55) to detect that area. Wayne will try to come up with a better hunting area if possible.

;D

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to try to be there so close to home how can i miss it.....lol

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
Hey Y'all count me in! One question, I remember many years ago somebody was MDing in the Frenier/Peavine area and got into a lot of trouble with the law. Not sure what the circumstances were.

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie Dokie, got a room booked in Hammond for Friday night April 10. Is this shindig still on go????
John

CopCop

Greenie
Dec 17, 2008
Metry, LA
Gator01 said:
Okie Dokie, got a room booked in Hammond for Friday night April 10. Is this shindig still on go????
John

I'll be there and I don't think you could keep Mrs. Fury away with a stick :wink: so no worries!

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kewl, I know Tensas is coming, havent heard from Greycloud lately. Lookin forward to meeting you guys!!!
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread