Louisiana T-NET get together ????

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
COLD! My detector gets turned on every day. I just don't get us it that often. Any weekend will work for me as long as it's not the last day of the month, wife has to do closeouts at work .

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tensas,Greycloud
When will you guys go down??? Let me know some details... Hotels etc. Think the Mrs and I may wanna make this trip. Would love to meet the good folks on this forum. Im thinking maybe leaving Friday? Maybe we could meet up with you guys for the trip down.
John

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
jmgisme said:
Due to poor health I am forced to retire and thought that metal detecting would be a nice hobby and a way to occupy time while waiting for the end.

After my last post I am starting to see a few sarcastic remarks from some of you in reference to my other post. My life is to short to put up with the likes of some of you.

Count me out.

To whom it may concern:

I am a poet, this I did know
And places not invited, I do not go
Think that is funny, it's just a habit of mine
It becomes valuable when you are short on time

You will look at this and think it is not me
I am better than most, why can't they see
This note is to say some of us have run out of luck
and really don't have time for people that suck.

I hope you change your mind and join in. You have to take these guys with a grain of salt. I dont think anything was directed at you.....I really would like to meet. I see your in Gonzales. I'm in Baton Rouge and if you ever want to hook up and do a little hunting let me know. Cheers, Shane

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Hey Gator, Tensas and I will let you know asap. Looks like some Florida folks may show up. Heard they taste like chicken. Well, as long as they eat crawdads like us, they will be okay. Who knows, they may even teach us a thing or two. :thumbsup:

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chicken ya say, keep em south of Alexandria. Paw- in- law sells chickens, we dont want him trying to stash them in one of his walk in freezers. And we like our crawdads.
Thanks for the response,yep,I since a roadtrip in our future.
There is a treasure expo next weekend over in Longview,I may try and make that.
HH
John

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the 11th ok with everyone? Easter Sunday is the 12th, so I was thinking it might be a bad weekend if you have Easter Sunday plans.

Wayne will open the museum for 9:00, our tentative plans to gather there, tour the museum ($3.00 per person), Wayne did ask for members to try not to pay in $20s, he will not have that much change on him. Go to Paul's Cafe eat lunch, dessert (snack) at Berry Patch, tour the Collinswood Museum, and if everyone is up to par a possible run to Frenier (about 20 miles down I-55) to detect that area. Wayne will try to come up with a better hunting area if possible.

:wink: RR

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, as it worked out this is a good weekend for me. Hard for me to get Saturdays but I do have this one available. But since it is Easter weekend I understand if it gets changed. Tensas and Greycloud will just have to take pics for me and tell everyone hello for me.
Oh, If I dont get to make it, try and help Greycloud keep up with his cellphone.
And if there are any Deer in the area you are planning to hunt, you might wanna put one of those orange vest on Greycloud, seems he has a problem with deer trying to jump over him.
HH
John

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
That day should work for me and mine River Rat.

Gator, I have been fortunate and have not lost my cell phone again, knock on wood.
Haven't had any more deer jumping over me, but had a face to face meeting with either the biggest coyote that ever lived or a wolf while detecting near a bear crossing in South Louisiana two weeks ago. Those dang earphones can get you in trouble with the local wildlife. If you get a funny feeling, trust your instincts and check your surroundings. :thumbsup:

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol, first that buck,now a coyote. I dunno if I wanna be close to ya if a flock of geese fly over.
Maybe me or Tensas need to start packin a video cam to film you and the wildlife,bet we could get that on funniest video show,I know we could have with that buck. He may have been in rut, what you think Tensas?
HH
John

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those planning to come Friday, and looking for lodging...if you group together, this is a nice place to stay. http://www.livingstonparish.com/tickfaw_state_park.htm I'm gonna tell you that this is deep in the woods, on a dead end road. The closest store is Childrers' Grocery (donated a prize for the LBH; they do have good food too) about 4 miles from the park. The state wanted to buy us out to put the park here. So, if you stay here be sure to let me know, cause you have to drive right by my road to get there. Maybe we can plan something for that Friday.

Gator01

Sep 24, 2007
Northeast LA
Detector(s) used
XL Pro
MXT
M6
F75SE
ETrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi RiverRat, thats sorta what I would like to do, head down there on Friday. Thanks for the link.
John

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot to mention, Wayne stated if anyone has any old bottles that needs to be identified, he has the sources. Bring them with ya!

Tensas

Sep 23, 2007
Waterproof, LA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Tejon
RR and Gator1 My wife and I wanted come down on Friday also if she can get off work early enough.

Gator 1 I agree we need to take a camcorder critters do seem to hunt Gray Cloud out. I love it when a plan comes together.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Yaw do realize that the cabins are a long ways from Sammy's in Baton Rouge. Friday night, sitting down to eat in Sammy's, it just don't get no better. :thumbsup:

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey GrayCloud, they are supposed to open a new Sammy's in my area some times this month. Yep they have some good edibles there. / Ron.

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GrayCloud said:
Yaw do realize that the cabins are a long ways from Sammy's in Baton Rouge. Friday night, sitting down to eat in Sammy's, it just don't get no better. :thumbsup:

What is this Sammy's you talk about GrayCloud ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread