SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MrsFury said:
How about 4/11?

Well, that's better than the weekend of the Strawberry Festival, but the 11th is Easter weekend...we can shoot for that weekend (Saturday).

:wink: RR

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I'm game. Get the date set in concrete and lets get it on.
Ace, you sir are formerly invited. These are good people and you will enjoy meeting them. :thumbsup:

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Tensas said:
4-11 a week after my 37 wedding anniversary, I wonder if I could get by with calling it our anniversary get away weekend. It's worth a try.

Ronnie
At least your detector will get turned on.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Good job Warsaw, you just hit old Tensas below the belt. Oh well, at his age ain't much going on down there anyways. :D

stormrider54

Tenderfoot
Jan 22, 2009
Due to poor health I am forced to retire and thought that metal detecting would be a nice hobby and a way to occupy time while waiting for the end.

After my last post I am starting to see a few sarcastic remarks from some of you in reference to my other post. My life is to short to put up with the likes of some of you.

Count me out.

To whom it may concern:

I am a poet, this I did know
And places not invited, I do not go
Think that is funny, it's just a habit of mine
It becomes valuable when you are short on time

You will look at this and think it is not me
I am better than most, why can't they see
This note is to say some of us have run out of luck
and really don't have time for people that suck.

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
jmgisme said:
Due to poor health I am forced to retire and thought that metal detecting would be a nice hobby and a way to occupy time while waiting for the end.

After my last post I am starting to see a few sarcastic remarks from some of you in reference to my other post. My life is to short to put up with the likes of some of you.

Count me out.

To whom it may concern:

I am a poet, this I did know
And places not invited, I do not go
Think that is funny, it's just a habit of mine
It becomes valuable when you are short on time

You will look at this and think it is not me
I am better than most, why can't they see
This note is to say some of us have run out of luck
and really don't have time for people that suck.

I must have missed something.... I didn't see any nasty comments.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Jmgisme, I am a little confused here. Went back and read all post and I do not see any derogatory remarks make in your direction. Please point out what you are talking about and I am sure that the misunderstanding can be resolved without bloodshed. :icon_scratch:

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jmgisme,

I just did what Gray Cloud did and I can't see anything that was said that had anything to do with you. Perhaps an explanation would be in order...I don't see anything out of line here at all.

Steve ???

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
He probably was talking about mine to Ace. But I surely thought by the way it was written that all could see it was just a joke. Ace, if I upset you there buddy, I truly appologize. And Jmgisme, I hope you didnt think we were making fun your post, cause we were'nt. But if you did, I HUMBLY appologize from the bottom of my heart, especially since the top part is having problems right now.
:thumbsup:

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ACE250 said:
WoW all this sounds great am I invited ? I sure hope so..... lol

If you are referring to my last post ... this is my way of saying hello i am still here... I don' t like to be ignored and was intended to draw attention to myself since I started this whole thing ..... this is why we need to meet one another.... the written word is cold and can be read the wrong way very easy......... without the smiles everybody would think I was pi$$ed off all the time ........ so give us one more chance...... ;D there are a lot of good people on here.... I have only met one person on this forum face to face and I hope( MrsFury ) would think that I am a good guy .......

jmgisme.....I would be the first to shake your hand and share stories..... if you would give us a chance......

Ace.

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the 11th will work for me I am off call...... I might not spend the day though. I have a class to teach and have to prepare for it ..... but would still like to meet all of you...... :thumbsup:

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ponchatoula is about 6 hours from me......... I might be able to make that.
Would the LA Gang be put out if some of the Florida crowd showed up?!?

I can protect you from the animals out in Frenier, Judy.......................... :wink:

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
Cybercop106 said:
Ponchatoula is about 6 hours from me......... I might be able to make that.
Would the LA Gang be put out if some of the Florida crowd showed up?!?

I can protect you from the animals out in Frenier, Judy.......................... :wink:

Cybercop106,

If you wanna make a 6 hour drive for a one day get together, then brought youself on over. I've got to warn you though, the animals in Frenier are nothing like the ones that are gonna show up on the 11th.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone's invited to this little get together, no major hunt, prizes and stuff like that. It's just to meet, eat and enjoy each others company. Spouses are welcomed too.

Jmgisme, you and your wife are more than welcomed to attend. Ponchatoula is not that far from Gonzales...taking the scenic route is the most relaxing, would love for y'all to be with us.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...b>Ponchatoula, LA US</b>&cid=lfmaplink2&name=

Cybercop, you're more than welcomed to come too, make sure you bring Ellen. Ponchatoula has a lot of history and antique shops.

http://www.ponchatoula.com/history.html

http://www.ponchatoula.com/museum.html

http://www.discoverourtown.com/LA/Ponchatoula/Shopping-1595.html#Craft & Hobby

Just a few highlights...Meet at the Louisiana Treasure's Museum, then lunch at Paul's Cafe, dessert @ Berry Patch, tour the Collinswood Museum (as time permits), a romp in the swamp as Mrs Fury suggests Frenier. Let's just put it this way, be prepared for the swamp...Mrs Fury can fill us in on this. Nothing promising on that...just a suggestion

Just maybe, we can get Charlie to bring a cheesecake for a mid afternoon snack. ;D

:wink: RR

MrsFury

Feb 26, 2006
LaPlace LA
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Now I really want some strawberry beignets. Hey there's a geocache across from Paul's that I can't find. Maybe y'all can help me. Regarding the swamp, there was a town there in the early 1900's that was washed away by a hurricane. Also I was thinking that maybe stuff washed up from out the lake during the storms. Might find something. It's pretty easy to get back there now since the plants have not grown back yet. Eh it'll give us something to do. I've hunted along 51 before and there's too much junk. Frenier is across the tracks by the lake.

OP
OP
ACE250

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Times 9..... 10 o'clock ?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LA Treasures Museum website is temporarily unavailable, Wayne had a little article about Frenier. I did some searching and found this article about the hurricane that wiped out the town...in fact it is from the article Wayne wrote of his interview with a survivor of the 1915 hurricane. I will contact Wayne ASAP to make sure he will be available on 11th.

This is a long article...good reading.

http://www.tulane.edu/~biochem/biophys97/sam2.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread