Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks, after about 8 years of being a loyal Tesoro user I decided to see what all the hype was with the Garrett AT Pro. I still use my Vaquero, but wanted a machine I could use in the water too, and the AT Pro seemed like a wise choice.
I gained permission about a week ago to detect at an old (1920's) NC Mountain dairy farm on 20 acres. There were three old houses on this property at one time, but the houses, cows, and Old McDonald are long gone.
I've only been detecting there two times so far with the Vaquero last week, and pulled three Mercs so far with the oldest being a 1925, and about 15 wheat pennies.

This place has lots of targets including a bunch of junk (pull tabs, bottle caps, iron, foil, etc) where the houses once sat, so it was a great spot for me to become familiar with the AT Pro. :thumbsup: I've never had or used a detector with a screen either, so this was all new to me. Of course I forgot to bring the new headphones that came with the machine too. :BangHead:
I must say, I am very impressed with the new machine and it was dead on with the target readings. I need more practice pinpointing with this coil, but it will come with more practice.

Here's a few videos I shot today:

Today's finds were:

*Large 28.5mm WW1 General Service eagle button - " Art Metal Works - Newark, NJ " back mark.

*Three Merc dimes - 1940, 43, 44.

*1940 Silver quarter

*14 Wheat pennies - 1919 thru 1951

*Assorted horse tack.

*One Black Snake:laughing7:

Thanks for looking Folks,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Upvote 5

arrowhead82

Dec 12, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool finds! I'm going to order the at pro soon I think. cool snake too!
HH

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's good to see you back. Remember what I told someone on another Tnet forum when they asked where you had gone when you took a break from Tnet? I'll refresh your memory:
I told them "I don't think they let you detect and post from prison". -LOL. HH, Q.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really nice finds. I love the silver. What did the snake read on your detector?
D

Thanks D.
The snake registered as sssssssssssssssssssilver. :tongue3:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Good start with the new machine. I'm sure as you get better with it, the Vaquero will be youR back up machine, and you will be going back to old sites and cleaning up with the AT Pro.

Thanks Steve. I sure hope so. Can't wait to revisit my old CW relic sites with the AT Pro. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the coins were silver until everything was rubbed off and scratched beyond recognition. `You certainly went to town rubbing those things right out of the ground. Good thing those weren't key dates.

Wow Testing, thanks for the great reply. Don't get too worked up over it. I rubbed them with steel wool when I got home to get them really clean. Boy are they shiny now. :thumbsup:
You should see the 1877 IH I polished with a buffer. Looks like new!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds! I'm going to order the at pro soon I think. cool snake too!
HH

Thanks Arrowhead. Good luck. I think I'll get the Garrett pinpointer next.
-MM-

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow Testing, thanks for the great reply. Don't get too worked up over it. I rubbed them with steel wool when I got home to get them really clean. Boy are they shiny now. :thumbsup: You should see the 1877 IH I polished with a buffer. Looks like new!

Lol now that's funny. I never could figure out why people have to dog someone for cleaning their coins. They are your finds and I'm pretty sure you can do with them what you please. Sounds like a killer place you found there.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's good to see you back. Remember what I told someone on another Tnet forum when they asked where you had gone when you took a break from Tnet? I'll refresh your memory:
I told them "I don't think they let you detect and post from prison". -LOL. HH, Q.

Ha, ha, ha. Yes I remember that. :occasion14:

Attachments

• The-Shawshank-Redemption-featured-image.jpg
    The-Shawshank-Redemption-featured-image.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol now that's funny. I never could figure out why people have to dog someone for cleaning their coins. They are your finds and I'm pretty sure you can do with them what you please. Sounds like a killer place you found there.

LOL. Thanks Rob.
Some folks are just too uptight. I'm in it for the fun. If I ruin a million dollar coin that's my problem. :thumbsup:
Have a good one,
MM

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool assortment of finds, enjoy your new machine! HH.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll have to call you Modern Silver Miner! Would ya just look at all that silver! You did awesome with that new machine.
WTG!
Nana
ps...I hate snakes. :X

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. I'm just glad no one had hit this site before I did or at least gave up due to trash. It's always a good sign when you start finding silver. :thumbsup:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steel wool and a buffer is for beginners, dont mess with that. If I find any amount of dirt stuck to my coins, especially spanish cobs, I use a hand sander with 24 grit sand paper to shine it up. A few times I sanded it too long and the coin was completely gone, not sure where it went...

LMAO! You're killing me. I can just picture that. Spanish silver dust is very rare. :laughing7:
Thanks Perses. :occasion14:

Oakeso1

Greenie
Sep 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have got me itching to get an AT Pro, and I just got my first detector...a Fisher F2. lol But, with the Fisher, and on only my first few times out, I did
find an 1875 seated liberty dime, and best of all, a capped bust 1829 half-dime. I noted that you found an 1833 capped bust half dime. Tiny coins arent
they? But sweet. Mine was in great condition...VF or better. Good luck with the Pro.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ModernMiner!! Congrats on some really Nice Finds!! The ATPro is a great machine and great in the water!! OH buy the way, I ran into your friend Roscoe in the bottom right picture the other day and thought I was going to have to change my Depends!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, WTG on the silver, great video. :thumbsup: Good to see you posting again, MM. Good luck with your new machine. I know several people in my MDing club who do very well with their AT Pros. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread