Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Folks, after about 8 years of being a loyal Tesoro user I decided to see what all the hype was with the Garrett AT Pro. I still use my Vaquero, but wanted a machine I could use in the water too, and the AT Pro seemed like a wise choice.
I gained permission about a week ago to detect at an old (1920's) NC Mountain dairy farm on 20 acres. There were three old houses on this property at one time, but the houses, cows, and Old McDonald are long gone.
I've only been detecting there two times so far with the Vaquero last week, and pulled three Mercs so far with the oldest being a 1925, and about 15 wheat pennies.

This place has lots of targets including a bunch of junk (pull tabs, bottle caps, iron, foil, etc) where the houses once sat, so it was a great spot for me to become familiar with the AT Pro. :thumbsup: I've never had or used a detector with a screen either, so this was all new to me. Of course I forgot to bring the new headphones that came with the machine too. :BangHead:
I must say, I am very impressed with the new machine and it was dead on with the target readings. I need more practice pinpointing with this coil, but it will come with more practice.

Here's a few videos I shot today:

Today's finds were:

*Large 28.5mm WW1 General Service eagle button - " Art Metal Works - Newark, NJ " back mark.

*Three Merc dimes - 1940, 43, 44.

*1940 Silver quarter

*14 Wheat pennies - 1919 thru 1951

*Assorted horse tack.

*One Black Snake:laughing7:

Thanks for looking Folks,
MM

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Upvote 5
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have got me itching to get an AT Pro, and I just got my first detector...a Fisher F2. lol But, with the Fisher, and on only my first few times out, I did
find an 1875 seated liberty dime, and best of all, a capped bust 1829 half-dime. I noted that you found an 1833 capped bust half dime. Tiny coins arent
they? But sweet. Mine was in great condition...VF or better. Good luck with the Pro.

You got that right. Those coins are tiny. Here's a video when I found mine in 2008:

A 3 cent is even smaller!
Good luck to you and thanks for the reply.
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, WTG on the silver, great video. :thumbsup: Good to see you posting again, MM. Good luck with your new machine. I know several people in my MDing club who do very well with their AT Pros. :icon_thumleft:

HH

Thanks Mich.
It's been a while since I've been out. We moved to the NC mountains last year and my detecting got put on hold. I'm slowly getting back out as I score permissions.
I think I'm going to enjoy the AT Pro. :thumbsup:
Have a good one,
Doug

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ModernMiner!! Congrats on some really Nice Finds!! The ATPro is a great machine and great in the water!! OH buy the way, I ran into your friend Roscoe in the bottom right picture the other day and thought I was going to have to change my Depends!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Thanks Verde. I am looking forward to trying this baby out in the water. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention, in that last part of the video you say that the dime reads at 8 inches. ATP is not 100% on its depth reading in "detecting" mode, if you want to get a 100% certain depth reading use your pin point button, otherwise it estimates it to be a tad deeper than it is, and you could scratch up your coins because of that.

Thanks for that tip Perses. That's great to know. I was a bit surprised by the 8" reading then to see it was only a few inches deep. :tongue3:
Have a great weekend. :occasion14:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that an ATPro won't work if the user is wearing a dress. :D

I also heard that Garrett was thinking about renaming it the ATPreaux after Beaux O. :D

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that an ATPro won't work if the user is wearing a dress. :D

I also heard that Garrett was thinking about renaming it the ATPreaux after Beaux O. :D

Ha, ha, ha. I will never live that one down. :laughing7:
I think the AT Preaux will still work if the user is wearing a long dress, but a mini skirt causes a lot of interference. :laughing9:
Thanks Will,
DUHg

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, ha, ha. I will never live that one down. :laughing7:
I think the AT Preaux will still work if the user is wearing a long dress, but a mini skirt causes a lot of interference. :laughing9:
Thanks Will,
DUHg

Maybe it's just that I've been in Louisiana too long and need to geaux away from here. :D

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well dug! Gotta love the AT series!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver and great video MM. Keep them coming. :thumbsup:

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds i have had my ATPRO about 8 months you will have a blast with it i am happy with mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread