MaineRelic. ^ More like SouthernRelic / Courtsy of R. J. R. TOB. CO.

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was Very ! surprised to find this today in the same area as the farm/dump I found some old farm tack iron from yesterday. I only had an hour and a 1/2 to hunt today since it is pitch black here at 4:30 pm here in Maine now ! and when I got up this morning I could not find my cell Phone. The only thing I could figure was I lost it M-ding yesterday so I went back looking for it / I was going back regardless! but while I was here !!! I did not find my cell phone bad news !! I did how ever find this beautiful R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, Tobacco cutter ! ( I am a Phillip Morris man my self but I will Take it! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ) in the woods just off the farm field/dump I was digging , Under about 6 inches of pine duff 3 feet from the base of a ** ( You guessed it (Huge Pine tree/ the Maine state tree, It was actually not in the soil PER say! It Had undecomposed pine needles on top and underneath it. Not in the ground as long as it is old. A very unusual find for this far north! In Great shape except for the broken gear on top !! This Find made me almost as happy as my coin cache find this spring in a relic sort of fashion of course!! Sorry I am modifying this post ! Pic 2 was supposed to show side 2 of tobacco cutter! Now it is thanks MaineRelic.

Attachments

• IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats a neat find!!! I have friends that use them to cut the legs off of bull frogs during gigging season down here in Arkansas...d2

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Good One!.gif

Here's a similar cutter in an R. J. Reynolds catalog of "Valuable Presents Given for Tobacco Tags for the Entire Year of 1902."

Good One!.gif

Attachments

• RJR.jpg
    RJR.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 279

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used