Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many people here have this same issue? I have been an avid deer hunter since I was a boy and love to spend time in the woods with my family and friends. Bow season comes in Sat and we'll be taking the camper to our hunting grounds on Friday for the weekend. I don't care if I get one or not, I just enjoy the company and the sport. I'm a lot more selective than I used to be. There are three old foundation sites on this property so I will bow hunt morning and evening and detect midday. Many weekends from now till the end of the year, I will be torn between witch one to do. I guess a man could have worse things to worry about.
So, who else is torn between hobby's and how do you decided? It's like others say, "To many interest and not enough time".

HH RN

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can guide you on this one!!

OH

well as to hobbies I have gotten back to fishing in water this summer. While the ground was so hard and dry it was easy to decide
but as fall brings cooler wetter weather It will be harder to decide which to do now.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do not have your problem, mine is just balancing wife time with MDing time.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not have your problem, mine is just balancing wife time with MDing time.
My wife is glad I have hobby's. Lol. As long as I do my choirs. She also knows after 28 years that the choirs that don't get done by fall probably will be delayed.

HH RN

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problems that you have are named the same as the problems that I have.
They are called "QUALITY PROBLEMS"

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hmmm, I have a similar problem myself. Apart from spending time with the wiff (spelled wrong on purpose), I am beginning to try to pick between MD and hockey. It is always a tough choice when I have to pick on or the other, however; I have started to pick MDing because it actually yields me profit while the other one makes me go bankrupt... :)

I will say this, at least both of your hobbies there are profits! (one is money the other is food for the family)

HH

Hockey_Detectorist

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm, I have a similar problem myself. Apart from spending time with the wiff (spelled wrong on purpose), I am beginning to try to pick between MD and hockey. It is always a tough choice when I have to pick on or the other, however; I have started to pick MDing because it actually yields me profit while the other one makes me go bankrupt... :)

I will say this, at least both of your hobbies there are profits! (one is money the other is food for the family)

HH

Hockey_Detectorist
It's cheaper to buy beef. Lol

HH RN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread