Maps

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what if they weren't fake, and someone just wanted to throw someone off, just a thought... by the way.

John, The Stone Maps were based on a map owned by John "Pegleg" Tumlinson. No idea why Travis carved them, but the origin of the map they were based on is kind of murky. Also, the map they were based on has a big "IHS" at the top (Jesuit).

No matter what anybody else says, Janie Tumlinson told me that "MY DAD WAS IN NO WAY PART OF ANY HOAX". That was about a year before she died. Forget what Bill Riley said. Ask yourself this: "If the Stone Maps were made as a hoax, why is it that Travis and his Uncle Robert went into the Superstitions about a dozen times trying to solve them?" For the idiots that say the Tumlinsons never went into the mountains, I advise you to read Robert Garman's Book on the Superstitions (Mystery Gold of the Superstitions). He first met Travis and Robert in Hewitt Canyon (in the Superstitions).

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any Street level pre 1960 maps for the Cherokee Village, Sharp, Fulton county Arkansas? Been looking for a long time with no luck.

Hey Junkhunt,

While this thread is about maps about the Lost Dutchman Mine in Arizona, my family has a cabin at Camp Rio Vista across the Spring River from Hardy. Ive been to Cherokee Village more times than I can count. I just met a guy last week (In North Central Arizona) from Black Rock, Ar. Small world!

Mike

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Read It, first off, I don't care about anything concerning the Tumlinsons. I have been all over Hewitt and there's a lot of stuff in there, but a lot of folks dismiss a lot of stuff on here... I know what I see and saw in there!

hewitt canyon is definitely an interesting place...

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know any information about this map? Who was the person that gave it to Celeste Jones? Is it a real treasure or a LDM map. Any history. Thank you.

nobodie

This map is for a treasure , but the dotted trail don't leads to the treasure . The trail which has a man's sketch at its end is a lookout . From that spot you have to look for a specific landmark which is written in the text .
The other longer dotted trail leads to a mine which has information how to locate the treasure .

map.png GE map.jpg

Last edited:

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nobodie

This map is for a treasure , but the dotted trail don't leads to the treasure . The trail which has a man's sketch at its end is a lookout . From that spot you have to look for a specific landmarkwhich is written in the text .
The other longer dotted trail leads to a mine which has information how to locate the treasure .

View attachment 1472045 View attachment 1472046

this image has 23 mines in it

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hewitt canyon is definitely an interesting place...

For those out of area people (me) who are interested, Youtube has a couple of videos on
Hewitt Canyon, Arizona.
Worth a look.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
For those out of area people (me) who are interested, Youtube has a couple of videos on
Hewitt Canyon, Arizona.
Worth a look.

one guy on there has a video of him going into a mine and finding turquoise all over the walls...lol...if it was really turquoise people would be killing each other to get into it.....what he really found is chrysocolla ...low grade chrysocolla

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
one guy on there has a video of him going into a mine and finding turquoise all over the walls...lol...if it was really turquoise people would be killing each other to get into it.....what he really found is chrysocolla ...low grade chrysocolla

Dave,

I heard, years ago, that Native Americans were having a hard time finding good turquoise. It's getting harder I'm sure.

Take care,

Joe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what these symbols on the Celeste Jones map mean? One of you symbols experts might know.

nobodie

That " man's " sketch is something more than what you see . If you cut apart the two halfs of that " man " , each half shows you for what landmark you have to look for . If you play chess , would be more easy to recognize .
The other marking from the map , is for mountain tops .

man.png

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave,

I heard, years ago, that Native Americans were having a hard time finding good turquoise. It's getting harder I'm sure.

Take care,

Joe
joe...pretty much any turquoise is hard to find..in arizona most of it is found in the big copper mines....chrysocolla is found all over arizona in large quantities and is often mistaken for turquoise..it takes a trained eye to tell the difference between the two

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, The Stone Maps were based on a map owned by John "Pegleg" Tumlinson. No idea why Travis carved them, but the origin of the map they were based on is kind of murky. Also, the map they were based on has a big "IHS" at the top (Jesuit).

No matter what anybody else says, Janie Tumlinson told me that "MY DAD WAS IN NO WAY PART OF ANY HOAX". That was about a year before she died.

John, ask your self this, was this before or after Gollum (Mike McChesney) joined the FBI?

Oop's, my bad, he only pretended to be with the FBI in order to gather information from the Tumlinson's by phone! That being said, how can you trust this source? The maps Travis made were fake, he admitted it! Don't you just love when people quote you out of context? Or, out of the pretension of questioning someone claiming you are an FBI agent when you're not? Isn't that a Felony?

If you want to be in law enforcement just forge the papers and join that's what I say!

She was probably scared she may be arrested so she made up a story to this agent that threatened her with jail time. It was known fact the Tumlinson's had no use for law enforcement. As per Travis's time in prison.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, ask your self this, was this before or after Gollum (Mike McChesney) joined the FBI?

Oop's, my bad, he only pretended to be with the FBI in order to gather information from the Tumlinson's by phone! That being said, how can you trust this source? The maps Travis made were fake, he admitted it! Don't you just love when people quote you out of context? Or, out of the pretension of questioning someone claiming you are an FBI agent when you're not? Isn't that a Felony?

If you want to be in law enforcement just forge the papers and join that's what I say!

She was probably scared she may be arrested so she made up a story to this agent that threatened her with jail time. It was known fact the Tumlinson's had no use for law enforcement. As per Travis's time in prison.

The ONLY person here to ever pretend to be law enforcement was you regarding Tumacacori. Remember you pretending to know Gary Oliver, and I called you on it, because I had known him for several years previously? I'm sure you remember. I emailed him, and asked if he knew you, and he replied that he had never heard of you? You got all angry that you had been caught in a bald faced lie? Remember warning me about "your badge"? HAHAHA if you likeI still have all of Gary's old emails I can post to help your memory . Remember when you were friendly with Charlie Harris, and told him you wanted to claim jump my friend Dan's Treasure Trove Permit Site in the Tumacacori Mountains (Rock Corral Canyon)? I can get Charlie to verify what you said if you like?

You also have your facts all wrong about what happened with Janie as well. Anybody that knows me knows I have NEVER pretended to be anybody other than who I am. Unlike you, I don't need to lie. If you care to try and insult me, PLEASE show up at the rendezvous in October and say it to my face. Anybody can be an internet tough guy. I live in Arizona now. If you don't want to wait till October, and you want to meet in person, I can be in Tucson at your Forklift Repair Shop in a few hours and you can talk smack in person to me there. I will give you the opportunity to show me how tough and insulting you are in person. I'm easy to find, but you might not like it when you find me. Do you REALLY want to go there? I'm always game!

See Bill, nobody who knows you likes you, and many people have been more than happy to tell me all about you (and your dozens of online aliases).

Everybody Else,

Bill has been acting like this for many years. When he gets caught in a lie, he gets very insulting. When anyone gives him the opportunity to say those insulting remarks to their faces, he acts all offended, reports the post, and pisses and moans about being threatened.

Bill,

I am not threatening you at all. Only giving you the opportunity to be a man, and say to my face what you post online. You have never taken me up on it. Why is that? Are you a man or a mouse? Squeak up!
Mike

Last edited:

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
joe...pretty much any turquoise is hard to find..in arizona most of it is found in the big copper mines....chrysocolla is found all over arizona in large quantities and is often mistaken for turquoise..it takes a trained eye to tell the difference between the two

Or, a trained tongue...

That's one reason why rock lickers lick rocks.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just don't lick the yellow ones !!
But seriously, does " rock licking " fall within the same category of scientific research as " tongue-testing supercooled outdoor metal support structures " ???

Always wondered how them paleontology dudes could tell the difference between a dinosaur coprolite and just another old rock.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread