Mass/NH border

malahide66

Feb 17, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
BH tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my first detector and live in the merrimac valley looking for someone to hunt with who "knows the ropes". have already hit most of my yard but the ground is frozen solid! Just wanted to know if there are any good areas that i should try since i am new at this. Figured if i could find someone who knows more than i do, (which isn't hard) i could get some tips.
Thanks.

sandie1

Greenie
Jan 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Join a club, best way to find people to hunt with , I am pretty new to it myself so not much help to you. Go to a beach or lake front and search the sand, public parks, and playgrounds. Go in woods and see if there are cellar holes. Go to the Library and research where people used to gather for church suppers etc and go there and hunt. Older farms ask and see if they will let you hunt their fields, abandoned homes(get permission to hunt) Do not throw anything away until someone in the know sees it and makes sure you are not thinking junk and it is not junk at all. There are a lot of relics out there. Just finding them is the key. Clubs often will offer hunts and making friends with people they may allow you to go along to hung, people are really secretive about their honey holes. I saw a cellar hole recently that I never saw before but it has been there of many years I am sure, now have to figure out where to park the car since there is no place near by to park so I can hunt. May have to get a ride and then call to get ride home after a couple of hours. HOpe this helps. Mass Treasure Hunters club meets the 3rd Friday night at 7:30 every month, just missed it last Friday night. Meets in Newton but must be a club up by you in Merrimack Valley.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread