MDing brick streets?

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I have been thinking about this for about two years now and want to get you guys opinion. Does anyone think that MDing a brick street might get some old coins? My thinking is that a coin could have fallen into a crack between bricks were the person that dropped it couldn't get it back. Of course that poses the problem of a MDer being able to recover it as well without removing a whole brick, which would probably be frowned upon. I know the only way to know for sure is to try it. The chances of someone dropping a coin on the street and having it fall perfectly in-between bricks is probably slim. Just wondering if anybody else has ever thought the same thing. Or even if anybody has ever tried it? HH!

TG

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you had permission, yeah.

I have detected our stone deck that is 90 years old at our lodge.

I heard many silver tones.
This year renovations are happening with the stone deck being tore up and then replaced.

I can't wait to play in that dirt. ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try it for fun, but some bricks have minerals in them that the detector will respond to.

S

stefen

Better bet is to try the parkway planting areas...people drop things getting in and out of cars....

You know what would be a kick in the A$$ is to find an old car junk yard and tear thru the old hulks... drive thru the countryside and look for rust heaps in farm fields...

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
stefen said:
Better bet is to try the parkway planting areas...people drop things getting in and out of cars....

You know what would be a kick in the A$$ is to find an old car junk yard and tear thru the old hulks... drive thru the countryside and look for rust heaps in farm fields...

LOL, last time I did that I found a rather large hornets nest in the glove-box, the hornets were not amused. :wink:

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Sandman said:
You can try it for fun, but some bricks have minerals in them that the detector will respond to.

Oh yeah!
Newt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions