MDing gods got me

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Just posting this show you all that I don't score big every time. Although, I did get enough on Saturday for a few trips I guess, so it all equals out in the end. I went out for 2-1/2 hours Sunday, hitting two play areas at schoolyards. They were both recently updated with fresh woodchips and I got skunked on keepers.

I ended up with $5.55 in clad and did find one nice plated brass religious medal and about 12 trinket junk jewelry pieces and a old Gerber Baby Spoon.

No pictures to show today :)

I still had fun getting out in the sun!
Happy hunting and good luck to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
tinpan said:
hi boby,those school playgrounds there produce mega loads of coins and jewellery. In the state i live in [victoria] australia no -one is allowed to m.d public schools .Theres a big yellow sign that says Child Safe Area,which means only people and parents engaged in school activties allowed in the school.They have to report to the office first.This is the law and protects the children from possible danger and this applies after hours and some private schools do permit m.ding but rare.Some public parks come under the same rule.I also know that when someone loses a piece of jewellery, all efforts are made to find the loss by the school.There a bit difference in the rules here than what you have boby.

tinpan congrats on your find

Well, we are all just big kids playing, so detect away tinpan. ;)
That law there really stinks, bummer :(

I don't consider a TH'er a dangerous person, just the opposite actually, most of us are the best of citizens, willing to help out wherever needed. Also, all the trash, nails, sharp steel pieces, razor blades, glass, and other dangerous objects that I dig up and remove from these areas is actually providing a measure of safety as a little kid will not get hurt on those things now. All that being said, laws are laws I guess.

If I ever hear of a known lost jewelry piece, I am the first to be there to help find it. Most of us here I am sure would be. I have done this four times in my TH'ing career having success finding the lost ring three of the four times. Plus, numerous sets of keys found for friends, property line stakes, etc. I never would take money for helping these friends and people either. Doing these things has gotten me on some great MDing sites that were never searched as word got out that I did this good deed and athers offered to allow me to detect their propoerty or gave me a hot lead. :)

I would bet (my opinion) 99.9% of the things that are lost are not known losses, (like feeling or seeing your ring slip off), until some time after the after the fact. A lot of times people never even realize they lost something until days, weeks or never. So most times the folks who lost these things have no idea where they lost them.

Thanks for the read and comment Tinpan

Smiles!
BDoo

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sounds like my weekend too booby. nothing much to show for it but some clad. ive really got to find some better spots to hunt. :'(

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BDoo,

I think you did wonderful. The little boy was trying to help you pick up trash...that was sweet.

;) RR

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohhh...yeah.... :) ditto RR... :)

That's a bunch a money Scooby! :o

Congrats! Nana ;)

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi boby the no-go area for schools here is for more than just dangerous people,other dangers to, like all these sharp objects found in the wood- chips and even the odd junkie sharp.The school system known whos coming and going and what they are doing. makes good sense and prevention is the w.t.g.KEEPS YOUR CHILDREN SAFE.i DONNOT ALL WAYS LIKE SOME OF THE RULES BUT I SMILE AT THIS ONE.A lots of the rules and school policies are based on research done in the united states when changed to suit our school system.Each school has a code of conduct and the second rule is donnot bring things of value to school unless you have premission and that includes jewellery ,cell phones,mp3,Ipods ect, ect, and schools make every attempt to find loss items, the ownus is on you.booby you m.d schools in the higher class areas and theres all these dangers and possible dangers around the place. i,m shocked to think that a few schools in your area are going to have a nasty accident or something worse.I don,t wish appon anyone.At least your cleaning up the park hazards but the majority of m,ders do same where ever they are hunting.From what i have read and seen the general public school system in the U.S is one of the best in the world and have great ideas and polities.

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions