memorial day weekend ohio field hunt,3/4 grooved axe find!

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Havent got to hunt as much this month as I would like or get on tnet due to being real busy with work.I had a couple decent hunts early in the month and a couple real stinkers of hunts but I got out with choo all day saturday and we had a pretty fun/killer hunt.the first 9 pics are of saturdays hunt.Hope everyone had a great and safe holiday weekend. hey choo post all your finds here bro!
IMAGE_387.jpg

IMAGE_389.jpg

killer 3/4 grooved axe
greg-rocksartifactcollection556.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection557.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection553.jpg

Think this is what converse calls a miniture fluted point??
greg-rocksartifactcollection554.jpg

killer flake knife made of indiana hornstone
greg-rocksartifactcollection555.jpg

the days good stuff
greg-rocksartifactcollection558.jpg

all the days finds including brokes
greg-rocksartifactcollection559.jpg

early may finds
greg-rocksartifactcollection551.jpg

heartbreaker dove and monster stemmed lance
greg-rocksartifactcollection552-1.jpg

heartbreakers
greg-rocksartifactcollection560.jpg

IMAGE_371.jpg

IMAGE_355.jpg

IMAGE_361.jpg

IMAGE_368.jpg

Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had an outstanding weekend. Good for you!!! Those are fantastic finds and well deserved. That axe is awesome :thumbsup:

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
All fab finds and what a great camera shots !!! The axe is so perfect---hope you can back to that field after another hard downpour....

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The flint alone would be an awesome day, but with that axe, that has to be the hunt of lifetime.

The axe almost looks like it broke at the groove, and they re-grooved it below the original haft. What does thie poll look like? Pretty cool piece!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
joshuaream said:
The flint alone would be an awesome day, but with that axe, that has to be the hunt of lifetime.

The axe almost looks like it broke at the groove, and they re-grooved it below the original haft. What does thie poll look like? Pretty cool piece!

I thought the same exact thing Joshua. It looks the original groove is at the back and the poll may have gotten damaged so they re-grooved it. Very nice find. That means it meant to much to them to discard it and instead they repaired it.

Shame on the two broken Jacks Reefs. Those would have been killer points. You still found some very nice pieces. Congrats man!!!

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
joshuaream said:

thx josh,I was thinking the same thing about the axe. the poll end on the very top has some dings to it but i agree that it looks like it had a previous groove just below the poll end,doesnt look like plow damage,possibly ancient damage and reworked.heres a pic,i apologize for the poor quality(phone) i didnt feel like dragging out the camera.

IMAGE_393.jpg

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Hey! I was looking for that axe! :laughing9: looks like y'all had a great hunt!

ng
seriously, was looking for anything like that!

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Creek! that axe is killler that little fluted point is sweet you had a awesome hunt, the big black point looks like a side notch, glad you had a good time that field will be off the hook when its plowed up. you get my vote for the banner with everything you found.I think you deserve it. cant wait to hit it again.

M

mickey

congrats on the axe. it looks like the plow was kind and only caused a couple of dings. wishing you continued success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread