memorial day weekend ohio field hunt,3/4 grooved axe find!

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Havent got to hunt as much this month as I would like or get on tnet due to being real busy with work.I had a couple decent hunts early in the month and a couple real stinkers of hunts but I got out with choo all day saturday and we had a pretty fun/killer hunt.the first 9 pics are of saturdays hunt.Hope everyone had a great and safe holiday weekend. hey choo post all your finds here bro!
IMAGE_387.jpg

IMAGE_389.jpg

killer 3/4 grooved axe
greg-rocksartifactcollection556.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection557.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection553.jpg

Think this is what converse calls a miniture fluted point??
greg-rocksartifactcollection554.jpg

killer flake knife made of indiana hornstone
greg-rocksartifactcollection555.jpg

the days good stuff
greg-rocksartifactcollection558.jpg

all the days finds including brokes
greg-rocksartifactcollection559.jpg

early may finds
greg-rocksartifactcollection551.jpg

heartbreaker dove and monster stemmed lance
greg-rocksartifactcollection552-1.jpg

heartbreakers
greg-rocksartifactcollection560.jpg

IMAGE_371.jpg

IMAGE_355.jpg

IMAGE_361.jpg

IMAGE_368.jpg

Upvote 0
Great hunt, the axe is a fine piece, I voted banner on it. Some real nice points and other artifacts as well.

Mass produced and machine made coins and metal don't even come close to unique handmade artifacts that are hundreds and thousands of years older. Jmo

Th3rty7 said:
Great hunt, the axe is a fine piece, I voted banner on it. Some real nice points and other artifacts as well.

Mass produced and machine made coins and metal don't even come close to unique handmade artifacts that are hundreds and thousands of years older. Jmo
thx for the vote again, it is a pretty killer axe.I agree 1,000 % with you on the specialness/uniquness to the relics we find compared to the coins etc..No 2 artifacts that we find are identical,thats what seals the deal for me.have you been slaying them?dumb question huh?lol.take er easy bro. pm you tomorrow. its late and I just got home from work.

creek astronaut said:
Th3rty7 said:

thx for the vote again, it is a pretty killer axe.I agree 1,000 % with you on the specialness/uniquness to the relics we find compared to the coins etc..No 2 artifacts that we find are identical,thats what seals the deal for me.have you been slaying them?dumb question huh?lol.take er easy bro. pm you tomorrow. its late and I just got home from work.

Sweet side notch, couple of nice transitional looking points as well, lot of old stuff. The last couple of weeks have been slow, dry and dusty fields that aren't coughing up much more than flakes and occasional brokes. The creeks are coming down though, July - November is when I like to get busy. Just waiting her out atm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back