Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think people should be banned for their opinions. What is this...1930's Stalin Russia? In the words of the great Ron Paul, "They didn't make the first amendment just so we could talk about the weather". Threats on the other hand are a different matter...I wouldn't hesitate to hunt someone down who was threatening me.

CSM, how many chances do we give someone, I was told by the head Admin I had his permission to permanently ban Diggit 2 bans ago, I choose instead to give him not 1 but 2 more chances. He was also permanently banned under another name by Marc for major issues before TreasureNet was sold. He joined TN again under the new username when TN was sold to new management, we caught him using the new name, we decided to give him another chance then as well.....A member is only going to get so many chances.. You have only been here since 2/2011, problems with him go back years before then....

TreasureNet has rules, everyone who joins TreasureNet agrees to abide by the rules......Those rules have been posted many times.....

TreasureNet - Rules

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
CSM, how many chances do we give someone, I was told by the head Admin I had his permission to permanently ban Diggit 2 bans ago, I choose instead to give him not 1 but 2 more chances. He was also permanently banned under another name by Marc for major issues before TreasureNet was sold. He joined TN again under the new username when TN was sold to new management, we caught him using the new name, we decided to give him another chance then as well.....A member is only going to get so many chances.. You have only been here since 2/2011, problems with him go back years before then....

TreasureNet has rules, everyone who joins TreasureNet agrees to abide by the rules......Those rules have been posted many times.....

TreasureNet - Rules

I'm not defending him, maybe he caused more problems then I realized. I just know that he seemed decent enough. I think a lot of times sarcasm doesn't translate well via text on a page which also causes some friction sometimes...some of us are just naturally smart asses :tongue3: and we have to realize that maybe some folks aren't use to that.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless they are 40% silver (white edge), their value is 50 cents each.

That woohoo was sarcasm ,but thanks, it will likely end up in crown royal bag(no i didn,t empty it)for card games. Wishing you pleasant surprises soon in your hunting! Oh great ,sarcasm, peace sagittarius .i was pecking keys and trying to spell while coinstriking posted.

Last edited:

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate that the Mods let us know. It has happened before when all traces of a member just disappeared and the rest of us were left wondering. At least this way, we know.

It was clear to me that Merc was passionate about collecting and very knowledgeable about coins. That passion was apparently his undoing.

I butted heads with Merc a couple of times, but it always stayed respectful. I can see that there are certain lines that cannot be crossed and when that happens, action has to be swift and conclusive. It's too bad that the circumstances that caused the escalation appeared to be instigated and blatantly provocative. Merc took the bait and paid the price.

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Yep your correct................

I was just gonna say if you banned him for other reasons you probably should not have made it look like it was for saying " you could probably ban me for saying this by..." I don't know... It just makes you look like a bad mod, but I guess if it was from other stuff it was ok to ban him...

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Phill Collins, "We always need to hear both sides of the story."

Either way this conversation has been humorous and entertaining while also inflicting emotions of anger. LoL.

Happy hunting.

Novapax

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
If this forum stays like this, they will not have to ban too many more, we all will just leave willingly. I feel like I am not alone in the decreased activity on Tnet lately!

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daily traffic on TN is same now as it was before the site was sold, we lost some old members and have gained a lot of new members... Daily new member signups as roughly the same as before.....

TN will continue to grow..........

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just gonna say if you banned him for other reasons you probably should not have made it look like it was for saying " you could probably ban me for saying this by..." I don't know... It just makes you look like a bad mod, but I guess if it was from other stuff it was ok to ban him...

People get banned for breaking the rules, you know how it is, some try to sneak back in thinking we dont know they are here:hello:... Sometimes we allow them to stay to see if they changed, but if they still continue to break the rules, they are then banned again for good...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merc, all your doing is proving why your ban was justified, you keep making troll accounts we will keep deleting them...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems like Tnet goes in cycles. It used to be good, then it became bad, it went up again, then it went bad, it will probably go back up again soon.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes down to threatening people and there life its not accepted in the real world why would it be on the internet?.....if you cant respect people then dont post or have a conversation without saying you will do someone physical harm then keep it to yourself?

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that lately there have been alot of people joining with the, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen mindset". This is not that type of forum, so if those people voluntarily leave, all the better. The rest of us need to do our part though and quit feeding the trolls on threads that are obviously started to evoke some kind of response.

T-Net is for sharing, learning, fun, and even a little drooling. It is not for "measuring up" or "pwning fools". I am glad that the 10 ton ban hammer is being enforced. There are plenty of real drama sites on the web if you need a fix!

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a way to ban the discussions on coin marking or coin painting? Those always seem to be the threads that start the wars.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome thread! Simply awesome. No, I'm not adding fuel to the fire. Just as a sometime contributor, I found this to be hilarious. Please recognize this is based exclusively on less than all the information. Evidence has been excluded here and what I'm left to look through is just plain funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread