Metal Detecting - My First CS Tongue ( video)

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
excellent video...i thoroughly enjoyed it ,,,,I hope some day soon I can find a Confederate buckle

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt! A CS buckle is going to be hard to top. :headbang: Watch you digging or your going to end up damaging some nice finds.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
CRUSADER said:
its a good find but your digging scares me :-\
Yeah I agree... We're all here to help each other so with that said. Try not to be so aggressive when your digging an try not to dig right over top of your target... This advise will save you from a heartbreaker when you would scratch or gouge a really nice find....

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am real surprised you didn't rip that buckle apart... slow down and dig wider holes out in places like that... one day you will scratch the heck out of something and you'll learn that lesson then... learn it now here form all the guys that have been there and done that. Great video keep at it!

Chukers

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
CRUSADER said:

I know you mean well Crusader, but he's not just a young kid who just started metal detecting. He is more well known on youtube than most other people who detect. It looks like the ground is hard where he digs. I don't see many damaged relics or coins from what he's been doing and I've watched a ton of his videos. He's got a bunch of good stuff from the past couple years.

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice buckle and buttons ... you're on to a great site that can provide you with some good stuff for many hunts ... congratz again on the sweet CS buckle!!! ... ps ~ nice job on the video as well!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TejasDigger said:
CRUSADER said:
TejasDigger said:
CRUSADER said:

I know you mean well Crusader, but he's not just a young kid who just started metal detecting. He is more well known on youtube than most other people who detect. It looks like the ground is hard where he digs. I don't see many damaged relics or coins from what he's been doing and I've watched a ton of his videos. He's got a bunch of good stuff from the past couple years.

I just thought the negative comments took away from a great find. People started commenting more on the way he digs than the buckle.

I do mean well, I dig concreted clay which looks tougher than that ground & yes sometimes I use that technique after I have jumped full weight several times with only an inch to show for it. If you don't think he ever will because he is too good, this type of ego will catch you out one day. All I can do is try, he doesn't have to listen but my words may ring in his ear, I truely hope not.

Anyway, lets get back on track:

It would be nice to see a close up cleaned picture?

If he shows a good picture on here, then I think the response will increase. Maybe your right, I should have PMed him, I don't want this to get shadowed, as it an excellent recovery :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

I will amend now

OP
OP
nuggetnoggin

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Fisher F70, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chukers said:
I am real surprised you didn't rip that buckle apart... slow down and dig wider holes out in places like that... one day you will scratch the heck out of something and you'll learn that lesson then... learn it now here form all the guys that have been there and done that. Great video keep at it!

Chukers
i never scratch stuff, but usually when i get a good signal i dig a wider hole around object, i eill did careful at this site

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nuggetnoggin said:
chukers said:

Chukers
i never scratch stuff, but usually when i get a good signal i dig a wider hole around object, i eill did careful at this site

I am not meaning to belittle you or insult you... just passing on words of wisdom as this forum is intended to do. Gratz on the Buckle! I know how you feel... I got a buckle too once...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,307834.msg2226225.html#msg2226225

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I had stated at your age! Nice CS I would be as excited as you :headbang: Nice video Dad. You might invest in a pinpointer as well. Can speed up recoveries.

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started at your age but with a Nautilus and had little luck. Then again, I was probably too young to know how to use the thing. I'll admit your digging scared me but your find and enthusiasm made up for it! I love your videos, by the way. One question: have you considered using a pinpointer? Anyone else not using a pinpointer? Just curious. GREAT FIND!!!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kyphote said:
I started at your age but with a Nautilus and had little luck. Then again, I was probably too young to know how to use the thing. I'll admit your digging scared me but your find and enthusiasm made up for it! I love your videos, by the way. One question: have you considered using a pinpointer? Anyone else not using a pinpointer? Just curious. GREAT FIND!!!

A pin pointer is as important as your digging tool... try going out with out it, it makes you feel like your missing a hand or something... don't leave home with out your pin pointer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread