Metal Detecting - My First CS Tongue ( video)

nuggetnoggin

Jul 8, 2010
somewhere in NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Fisher F70, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chukers said:
kyphote said:
I started at your age but with a Nautilus and had little luck. Then again, I was probably too young to know how to use the thing. I'll admit your digging scared me but your find and enthusiasm made up for it! I love your videos, by the way. One question: have you considered using a pinpointer? Anyone else not using a pinpointer? Just curious. GREAT FIND!!!

A pin pointer is as important as your digging tool... try going out with out it, it makes you feel like your missing a hand or something... don't leave home with out your pin pointer!

Yes. I don't use a pinpointer. Only in yards (which I NEVER) hunt. Why try to crawl around and pinpoint it when I can have it out of the hole and in my hand in 20 seconds flat with my long-handled shovel? :icon_scratch:

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find :headbang: and yes its old :laughing7: slow down dude easy on the diggin Good hunt :thumbsup: Dd60

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
That is one awesome find clean it up a bit and post some pictures. Keep at that spot you need the other half may be there somewhere.

Keep swinging and digging don't worry we have all damaged a find in the past.

Jason

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
chukers said:
kyphote said:
I started at your age but with a Nautilus and had little luck. Then again, I was probably too young to know how to use the thing. I'll admit your digging scared me but your find and enthusiasm made up for it! I love your videos, by the way. One question: have you considered using a pinpointer? Anyone else not using a pinpointer? Just curious. GREAT FIND!!!

A pin pointer is as important as your digging tool... try going out with out it, it makes you feel like your missing a hand or something... don't leave home with out your pin pointer!

Yes. I don't use a pinpointer. Only in yards (which I NEVER) hunt. Why try to crawl around and pinpoint it when I can have it out of the hole and in my hand in 20 seconds flat with my long-handled shovel? :icon_scratch:
20 seconds is a little slow, you need to practice more, as you should be on your second hole by then :D

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
BuckleBoy said:
chukers said:
kyphote said:

20 seconds is a little slow, you need to practice more, as you should be on your second hole by then :D

That was 20 seconds, At Most. :wink: :tongue3:

GulfCoastRelix

Mar 2, 2010
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 / Garrett Ace Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I found this link you might be interested in browsing through. Under relics half way down is a tongue that sold for $975. Lots of goodies in there to help identify things including hundreds of buttons. BTW, you probably knew this but the state symbol was the NC sunburst which was 6 sided in case you find those. Search that area to death and get yourself a pinpointer. Good Luck can't wait to see what else you find.

http://www.civilwarbuttons.com/

Mike

Attachments

• CS Tongue.jpg
    CS Tongue.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 318

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone explain to me exactly what these "tongues" are? I assume they are something like a belt buckle.

Please excuse my ignorance. :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the CS Tongue :icon_thumright:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun hunt you and your Dad had. I like the way you dig !!!! I find it faster to run my hand in front of my detector as well. I see guys that look like Mr. Gadget with all their tools and stuff. Do what works for you and obviously this is working great.
Enjoyed it all. Great finds on those buttons and buckle.
HH
TnMtns

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CrazySlasher said:
Can someone explain to me exactly what these "tongues" are? I assume they are something like a belt buckle.

Please excuse my ignorance. :tongue3:

the tongue which is what he found clips into the other side of the buckle clasping the belt together... like in the pic below.

cs.JPG
See how it fits?

Attachments

• 49870_image_main.jpg
    49870_image_main.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 163

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread