Minelab Excal Prices increasing Jan 26, Fact Or Fiction????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard from many that a price increase was coming but this is the first time I have ever seen a $600 figure. I think your friend is misinformed about that aspect.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is what i heard also les, but i don't think that high my friend said 150 increase.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afraid so Les, but im being told $150...... $600 and Fisher is going to start making money hands over fist for their CZ21s because its a toss up. Heard your horseshoe 8" did a dieing cock roach on you.... ouch.

Dew

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is not $600, it is approx $150......

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
OUCH! Minelab is killing me. I love my Excal, but if they go up $600 then I may be using my last one.

OP
OP
Les West Central Fl

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this information, prices are going up. Guess Snooksion is correct. I believe the $1499.00 price may be the minimum sale price allowable to dealers.

From Minelab stated below ( Does not say how much of an increase)

That information is correct, there will be a price increase on the Minelab Excalibur II metal detector.

Thank you,

Minelab Americas | 1938 University Lane, Suite A, Lisle, IL 60532 USA.
Service: 877-767-6522 Marketing: 888-949-6522

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this information, prices are going up. Guess Snooksion is correct.
That information is correct, there will be a price increase on the Minelab Excalibur II metal detector.

Thank you,

Minelab Americas | 1938 University Lane, Suite A, Lisle, IL 60532 USA.
Service: 877-767-6522 Marketing: 888-949-6522

Same answer I got from same source.......

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather see the price of the Excalibur go up $150, than see the Excalibur go out of production like the Sovereign!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good, raise those prices... Guess it means they will raise the repair prices also...Come this time next year.....there's a new xcalibur killer coming, not sure on the price but minelabs is sure making it easier for a new king.

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more reason to abandon this brand! Glad I did last year! OBN and others are improving the Minelab user environment, however, by increasing the chances of do-it-yourself repairs. I noticed an at-home leak tester for an Excalibur on eBay. Anybody know who produces that item? Has anybody used it? Does it work? What a good idea: I had thought about getting an older Excal, but only if I could repair it/leak test it at home. OBN, who is producing this "killer" detector? I'm curious.....

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't say...........still not 100% sure on all, but it's not local.

Make your own test cap..I can sell you a blank endcap...cheaper.
. OBN0013 (3).jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still going to be tough to beat the Minelab technology, which is why they're still #1 in the industry. I've heard rumors of new, more advanced machines in the making, but, going to be tough to beat what Minelab has put on the table. Even at $1499.00 the Excalibur is still a very versatile machine that can easily pay for itself with just modest use/understanding. I really don't see another $200.00 hurting sales too much and in this economy I fully expect to see other manufacturers raising their prices as well. If there was a better, more versatile beach and water machine out there I'd own it, but so far it just isn't there. And when you toss in all the aftermarket improvements that can be added to the Excal then the machine becomes all that more effective. So, another $200, while undesirable, isn't all that unreasonable when you are still the king.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of people fall into the "it cost more, it must be better" mantra.

PT Barnum ... A fool and their money shall soon part / A sucker is born every minute.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather see the price of the Excalibur go up $150, than see the Excalibur go out of production like the Sovereign!
Excal is not being discontinued, it is a major source of income for Minelab.

I love my excals, just had the reverse discrimination mod done on one with waterproof switch installed on handle.

Last edited:

briman05

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra Gold Pack
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm hoping to pick up a excal II from a friend for like 900

bear2442

Greenie
Oct 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
treasure baron
whites treasure master pi
underwater discriminator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good is the excaliburs do end up paying for themselfs and the amount of rings one must find to do this has declined. the bad is minelab is now paying less per thousand machines then they did 10 years ago, they disco the soverign now they have to cover that lose of dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions