Minelab Excal Prices increasing Jan 26, Fact Or Fiction????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good choice TH, It really will speed up your hunting and the amount of targets you will see, a real machine now!! Now all you need are some killer headphones!!
I have custom headphones on it already.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
TH we need pictures of your mod, remote disc switched xcal..good to see other machines and the custom setups..others can learn, and me....also, heard from MT? have not seen him post in awhile...

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are the responsible of this increasing price. Minelab never had seen, how much works for get the gold.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been considering adding the remote switch. Seems I'm switching back and forth a lot more often these days.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH we need pictures of your mod, remote disc switched xcal..good to see other machines and the custom setups..others can learn, and me....also, heard from MT? have not seen him post in awhile...
OBN, I did not do the mod, my hunting partner Davespen did the mod. It is more than I would ever attempt and as you know it is a long mod with the drying time for the resin and all it is about a 8 hour mod to complete.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been considering adding the remote switch. Seems I'm switching back and forth a lot more often these days.
It will save the switch, and really improves your target count...
OBN, I did not do the mod, my hunting partner Davespen did the mod. It is more than I would ever attempt and as you know it is a long mod with the drying time for the resin and all it is about a 8 hour mod to complete.
I figure dave had done it, the guy is a wizard when it comes to the excaliburs..I was just wondering what switch handle setup he had used and some pic's of the final job. Always looking for a better way...Enjoy your machine, I think it really changes the way the excalibur can be used, allowing full senstivity in PP and Disc.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just my personal opinion. I have 10 years behind a CZ 20 and about the same on my Excal 1000. I would have no problem going back to a CZ with the Excal increase in price plus all of the aftermarket items needed to make it a comfortable machine to hunt with. The CZ already comes with a straight shaft, decent headphone and switches, plus volume boost for deep targets. Personally I see no difference in depth between the two machines, but that is just my opinion.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my personal opinion. I have 10 years behind a CZ 20 and about the same on my Excal 1000. I would have no problem going back to a CZ with the Excal increase in price plus all of the aftermarket items needed to make it a comfortable machine to hunt with. The CZ already comes with a straight shaft, decent headphone and switches, plus volume boost for deep targets. Personally I see no difference in depth between the two machines, but that is just my opinion.

I have a new CZ-21 with 10.5" coil. Want to trade straight up for the Excal? If so, send me PM.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wizard is an understatement, not just on excals either . He is testing some new to USA detectors at dealers request to see how they perform. I want say what but they respect his opinion enough to ask.

I will send you pics of mod when I get it back, it is finished, just haven't had time to get together yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread