lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi again:hello:,

Weather report is "iffy" for tomorrow so I decided to go out early this afternoon ....high tide so it was dry sand for 1 1/2 hrs.:dontknow:

I hunted an area of the beach that was down to the hard-packed, sandless dark dirt....I had found silver in this area at an earlier hunt, so I decided to see what I had left behind.???

Yup....there was still some silver there; gold must be someplace else because that coil was low and slow, but not seeing any gold :icon_scratch:.

The two keys were found within 2 feet of each other; unable to find much info on the Hx of this company.

Any guesses on the "mystery" coin?

I'll be cleaning the "V" nickel and the silver; will repost later .

Here's some pics...thanks for looking , again.

Lorraine

DSCF1940.JPG

DSCF1941.JPG

DSCF1943.JPG

DSCF1947.JPG

DSCF1942.JPG

Upvote 0

snooksion

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
slam that coin on the concrete.knock some stuff off of it. see what it is

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOY YOU ARE GETTING DOWN TO SOME OLD STUFF .Did you have to quit because of your back or did you just run out of time ? I would sure be back there tomorrow and hit it hard.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
BOY YOU ARE GETTING DOWN TO SOME OLD STUFF .Did you have to quit because of your back or did you just run out of time ? I would sure be back there tomorrow and hit it hard.

I am trying to increase my time out there, but don't want to over-do it. 1 1/2 hrs. was hardly enough time to complete the task at this beach....there was plenty more of the area to do, and I sure was tempted to stay, but then I thought "better safe than sorry" , and so reluctantly I abandoned the hunt ; hope to get back there when weather permits.

Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, maybe sleet further north, and there may be icing on the roads. :>(

Hope to get back there soon.

Lorraine

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Here's pics of the treasures cleaned.

Items are pitted from salty beach conditions, but the silver content is there in the dimes, quarter & earring.

DSCF1949.JPG

DSCF1953.JPG

DSCF1957.JPG

Last edited:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Neat finds Lorraine . Thanks for sharing.

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, great job Lorraine. Looks like you found a spot that the Sandy hunters missed.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice old finds - gold cant be to far behind :thumbsup:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds old silver is worth its weight in silver. I think detector shops are missing the boat on this one. Those close to the ocean should get into the smelting business too. Bring in your junk silver and corroded silver, them melt it into coin planchetts, or into bars.

Here is just one of several links. I am seriously thinking about getting into this...

melting metal in a home foundry, backyard metalcasting, metal casting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread