Minelab Musketeer Advantage-An oldie but how much of a goodie?

charliezapper

Tenderfoot
Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my MMA for over 12 years and it does well for what I do. My wife sits on the beach and I walk the sandy beaches with the sensitivity up and the discriminate at the lowest setting.It beeps-I dig with my sifter and I do enjoy it. It has no trouble with coins 6-8" deep and over the years I can tell by the sound if it's worth sifting. I am thinking of upgrading but with how I am using it would I notice any difference? If I spent $500 or so on a Minelab I would be pissed if I didn't see a night and day difference over my classic machine. Almost 100% of the time it's used on clean sandy beaches in the Boston area and in Florida on vacation.I don't mind digging trash. It's like fishing--you get a bite and you reel it in to see what it is. Looking forward to feedback.--charliezapper-Saugus Ma.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be thinking multi frequency machine link a Safari(for wet Saltwater and sand) but 500 won't

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get you even close for that machine.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll pitch in my experience.

In '83-'84 I picked up a Fisher 1260X which was fairly top of the line. I took a long hiatus from detecting and decided to return about 3 years ago. I figured the technology today must have been so advanced than even an inexpensive machine would be better than that old antique. So, I picked up an Ace 250.

NOT!!! The 1260X blew the Ace away - no comparison, a toy versus an old pro. I gave the Ace away, and after a lot of study went with the Etrac. Now that did blow the Fisher away :) But then, not really on the pure basics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread