Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are both good detectors. The 505 is lightweight and easy to use. the AT Pro is lighter than your MXT, and adds the waterproof capability. Both of these have pre-programmed modes which make them essentially turn on and go.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Easy to use and lightweight are important to both of us.We have never thought about hunting in the water so being waterproof is not high on our list.I know. A lot of people here use the AT Pro.Thanks for your input.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna agree with Wayne my main thing is to relic hunt aswell & in my arsenal of tools is a Atpro to me its a great detector for relic hunting with the iron audio & swing speed its a little quicker then the mxt just as deep & then there's also being a relic hunter u never know what type of terrain ur gonna come into, so getting a detector that's waterproof definet plus. I've come across cellar holes with a man made pond/lake out back as water source & being able to go right to water from land big plus. My vote would b for the atpro

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 505 is a threshold based machine that is lighter, capable of running in one of three frequencies depending on coil selection, has an adjustable armrest, has choice of 1,2,3,4,or 19 target ID tones, 19 target ID segments, has adjustable volume (headphone and speaker adjustments are independent), has Noise Cancel (a feature that is particularly useful when hunting near another Xterra), and a year longer warranty that is transferable.
And FWIW, there are a total of 12 approved coils available. Five HF coils (18.75kHz), four MF coils (7.5kHz), and three LF coils (3kHz).

The AT Pro comes standard with a DD coil, has an auto GB option, Iron Audio in Pro Mode, fixed volume, three tones, 12 target ID segments, single freqency (15kHz), no threshold tone, non-adjustable armrest, is waterproof to 10ft, and costs about $50 more than the 505.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Y'all have given me a lot to consider,thanks .

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bumping this to ask about Titan 9000 Pro as well as Cobra Land,Beach,and Water detectors.Main focus again is relics but I wouldn't discriminate against old coins and jewelry etc.,haha. I know I would not want to go completely under water with a detector but I wouldn't mind going waist high at least.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to familiar myself but remember to don't stray from brand names either a lot out there look decent but r faked ones

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We've had good luck with Whites so we know what some of the good brands are but Im also wondering about a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. I'm finding mainly old threads so that's why I bumped mine from yesterday.I know improvements are made from year to year.

Last edited:

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think longhair failed to mention a few things about the AT pro. As far as having 3 tones umm yes kind of..standard mode has 3 regular tones but pro mode uses those same tones and adds to it with an increase in loudness the closer you are to target which helps with not picking up trash and identifying good targets as well. It gives you a low high low if u have junk. The iron audio can be switched on and off to test a target. SL the audio does differ and much easier to learn when its 3 tones but with a twist on the tone so u aren't staring at your screen all day. As far as identifying targets on screen yes you have 12 discrimination notch out but that's not including any relic areas in the iron area. As far as ground balancing..you have push and hold auto balance or you can manually balance it, fine tune it. Nice little trick is to auto balance then manually bring it down another 5,10,15,20 whatever limit u can push without hearing feedback and it will make targets scream. Oh and it also has 4 adjustable frequencies that allow you to cut out chatter from other detectors. Just my opinion, experience but then im just a country boy with some fancy learnings and one of them 168 IQ thingys. My apologies im in a mood. Both machines are very good and you wouldn't make a bad choice with either. If you've never gone stream, pond etc hunting you don't know what your missing. Look up beau ouimette on YouTube and see what a waterproof machine can find.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your " tone" doesn't offend me badger.These are some most excellent tips on the AT Pro,thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions