• HIMMELS005.jpg
    HIMMELS005.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,470
  • HIMMELS002.jpg
    HIMMELS002.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,444
Re: an HOUR with the EXPLORER-2

THANKS JAKE;

it was sidways between 2 Rocks about 6" down.

I scratched it up pretty good on the Front Right,

While Prying it out from Between.

I think there is a Rock Sidwalk under the Gravel.

Also got a 34 Wheat, and the usual trash & Junk Change.

But that stuff Comes with the Territory? :D

Thanks "r"

I LOVE the Explorer.

Especially Sinse This Morning ;D

Nice dime Jeff! Looks like you're having fun with your new toy! Are you finding it difficult to use so far?

HH 8) surfrat

Just Pinpointing.

Especially When Im in Trashy areas where Several objects are under the Coil all at once.

Cool find Jeff!

HH

Lonewolfe

Great find Jeff I love my Ex 2 also. I had a lot of trouble at first with pin pointing but have got it down pretty good, I can pretty much find the right target even without the pinpoint when there is a lot of other things close by. HH
Mchamby :D

Great find Jeff!! And a looks like a beautiful place to find it!

;)

Great find jeff!! WTG!!

Nice find Jeff
Remember to go slow. You are in Pa correct? What do I think of Pennsylvanian church sites?Decades ago when I was a teenager I would take off and spend a week or two hunting Pa church sites only. Slept in my car or camped out and when I needed money for gas or food I would hit the parking meters at a major town. Fond memories of cruising the Pennsylvanian countryside looking for old churches.

George

? ? HA ! ?HA ! ? ? Beat ya by 2 years. ? Mines an 1873 seated. ? ? Thought it was a 78 because of the ball tips on the 3. ? ?No picture, but bergie seen it.

? ? Great find!!! Jeff ?
? ?When did you get the EXP II ? ? ? I'd seen the earlier picture of it, but didn't know it was yours. ? How many times have you been out with it? ? Lot lighter than the Soveriegn, huh?
? ?I finally found a sure way to pinpoint with it. After a good hit, just dig everything in a 3 foot circle. ? Except for the pinpointing, i really like mine.

? If you ever have any questions i might be able to answer. Feel free to PM. ?I'm still learning mine. ?But if i have the answer, i'll be happy to share.
? If you find any cool tricks with it, please let me know.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? Congratulations!! ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH

Thanks Everyone :)

GEORGE ;
This Church Grove Dates Back to the Late 1700's.

There Are a Few Like that Around Here.

Their Always Good for a few Keepers ;)

RV ;

I had it sinse Last Monday. I'd say, IF I REMEMBER RIGHT :D this was My Fifth Time out With it.

I noticed Today I had to Work my Way Into a Good Signal, from at least a Foot away.

I even Adapted My SOVEREIGN/S1 Probe to use with it for Pinpointing.
But The Explorer Goes SO DEEP I have to Dig Down 3 Inches or More, Before the Probe will Pick up the Target. and That only works IF I'v Pinpointed fairly Close in the First Place.

I did Give up on a Few after Digging 10" & still no Signal with my Probe.
and They were the Exact same Signal & number as tHe Seated Dime. :(
I WILL GO BACK, After A good SOAKING RAIN tho.

Weight Hasn't Been a Problem "SWINGY THINGY" Attached ;D

I'll let you Know IF I learn anythinng New,

And CONGRATS on the 73 ;D

I thought Mine was A Barber, cause I saw the Back First.
"TWAS A NICE SUPRISE" ;D

Happy Hunting
J e f f

Attachments

• Photo003.jpg
    Photo003.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,061
  • Photo003.jpg
    Photo003.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,065

Nice find Jeff. Glad to see ya out huntin. Look forward to some of your finds with that new rig. HH

AAAAHHHHHH YOUR A GOOD MAN JEFF! this is exactly the kind of stuff i want to learn about the explorer 2! thanks for posting this thread and thats a great dime you found! is the pinpointing thing getting any easier? would you still recommend the machine even with the steep learning curve on pinpointing?...........sorry i couldnt resist a few more questions!! ;D

hollowpointred said:
is the pinpointing thing getting any easier? would you still recommend the machine even with the steep learning curve on pinpointing?...

? Pinpointing Is Fine IF it is the Only Signal under the Coil, & no Iron near either.

However when I get a Good Signal, I swing Slowly, While Backing off the Target. When the Signal Disappears,
The Object is right in front of the Coil.
? ?THIS IS UNDER PERFECT CONDITIONS.

HOWEVER, IF While Backing off the target, There is a Nail or other Iron, in that line,The Tone will NULL, or Grab onto the NEW target, depending on settings. & then I'm pinpointing Something Else.

? ? ?Hollow, It's a Very Frustrating Problem, But Not Major.

? ?To give up on a detector, Just Because Of Pinpointing Problems, IN my opinion would Be a Waste.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back