Demo on gold ring. https://youtu.be/gLu3leuzx5g

Looks good.

A hunt demo https://youtu.be/v__SY7YofrQ

Kellyco demo https://youtu.be/W3XFsSn8zDU

Another good one: https://youtu.be/-tQ8UPpDcYw

Wet sand to dry sand: https://youtu.be/SlVPBhdrbu0

Gofind 60, Kellyco, beach: https://youtu.be/HvbUD3s9_Yk

Most Interesting Man commercial: https://youtu.be/_kZGKecWqhQ

sorry didnt read through the comments ... so its terrible in the water I guess ... he didnt even go near the water .... I will pass .... my F2 will handle that kind of wet sand better ...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry didnt read through the comments ... so its terrible in the water I guess ... he didnt even go near the water .... I will pass .... my F2 will handle that kind of wet sand better ...

I never thought it would work in saltwater being no other entry level detector does either. Their are quite a few detectors over a thousand that won't either.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nokta Fors CoRe handles the salt exceptionally well, best single freq detector I have seen in salt water, very stable..

hittinghard

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2015
british columbia
Detector(s) used
garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was strongly thinking about the go find for a family member that would be new to the hobbie, but more and more i read the little bits of info that comes out here and there, i'm deciding not to get the go find. and maybe go with the fisher F2 ( cuz of the big display easy to read.) the fisher is more like any other detector out there with GB, display number , notch disc. would be easyer going from an F2 to a higher end machine after learning on the f2 and playing with the feat.

compared to going from a go find where you just turn it on and go and not much to learn with . so you would still have a big learning curve jumping onto a fisher f70 or garrett AT pro

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was strongly thinking about the go find for a family member that would be new to the hobbie, but more and more i read the little bits of info that comes out here and there, i'm deciding not to get the go find. and maybe go with the fisher F2 ( cuz of the big display easy to read.) the fisher is more like any other detector out there with GB, display number , notch disc. would be easyer going from an F2 to a higher end machine after learning on the f2 and playing with the feat.

compared to going from a go find where you just turn it on and go and not much to learn with . so you would still have a big learning curve jumping onto a fisher f70 or garrett AT pro

Not to dismiss the Go-Find, but you really cannot go wrong with the F2. Found a 1916 wheat with F2 & 4" coil, two weeks ago that I missed with my X-Terra. Actually I have found a a lot of coins with the F2 that my other detectors (& numerous coils) missed.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but you get a t-shirt from that Florida company...

mbeml

Greenie
Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Detector(s) used
Gattert Ace 250
Fisher F2
Minelab xterra 50
Garrett pro pointer
Just got an email from Big Boys Hobbies in Oklahoma City that my new(pre-ordered)Minelab Go-Find 40 has been shipped. Get your orders in friends.

OK, the Go-Find40 came yesterday. I did an air test on the bench with coins, iron, steel, key ring and can ring. With sensitivity set low all items rang between 4-5". Then turned it up to max sensitivity and all items rang between 8-9". Some flip flopping between the icons the deeper the target but all in all pretty impressive for a $230 unit. It's been raining in north Texas on and off for a week now so I guess it'll be a few day before I can put it through the it's paces.

Last edited:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand the 20s and 40s are shipping the 60s are delayed.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that Kellyco now has all three ready for order and shipping.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any more bashing will not end well for basher.

Go-Find 20, 40 and 60 are in stock at moment but who knows how long first batch shipped from Minelab will last, they are selling very quickly, pre-orders are being shipped. They are very popular...

mbeml

Greenie
Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Detector(s) used
Gattert Ace 250
Fisher F2
Minelab xterra 50
Garrett pro pointer
I got my Go Find 40 yesterday air tested it on the bench with the usual stuff but only got 4-4 1/2 inches. Hop it works better in the field

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Go Find 40 yesterday air tested it on the bench with the usual stuff but only got 4-4 1/2 inches. Hop it works better in the field

I would not expect a lot more, being that it was designed for beginners or kids.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would not expect a lot more, being that it was designed for beginners or kids.

From my list of past detectors you can see I am a $500 or less kind of hunter. Best results for the price. I am not impressed with the Go Finds abilities enough to even try it out. I don't need a fold up option, as none of my others fold up. I do like to set up certain detector parameters of the area I decide to hunt. If I want a beep and dig, I'll get a Tesoro. If I wanted a detector for my kid, I think they would learn more on the Teknetics Digitek and outgrow it less for $30 cheaper.

I don't want to knock the Go Find, just trying to figure out where it fits in. Maybe just a fun factor.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have repeatedly posted it fits in as a beginner/ kids detector and one that can be easily transported on vacations where luggage and room us an issue...

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beginner/Kid detector??? I think that it may very well gain a following with some seasoned hunters. There are many who just do not want to dig a foot deep. Those same individuals would also respect the small weight. A buried find that has an established halo that is 10 to 12 inches deep should still be fair game as long as the soil conditions are somewhat favorable. The one video above shows a fresh buried clad quarter at 8 inches and it was seen a little iffy but it was still seen. I am going to hold my book open when my 60 arrives I will make myself believe that it is going to exceed the 40s performance:}

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I love all my Minelabs and would love to add a Go Find 60 to the quiver but so far I not too impressed with the 1986 toy space gun appearance of it!
Please don't take that as a bash, Not a bash just an observation on its design looks!

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have repeatedly posted it fits in as a beginner/ kids detector and one that can be easily transported on vacations where luggage and room us an issue...

I think you hit the nail on the head, TreasureHunter. It seems Minelab has engineered a "family" detector, something that meets that need over anything anyone else makes. A father wouldn't care if his son/daughter or wife would take it out at the beach. It's not his XTerra or an F75. It's simple, light and compact. Perfect for family fun in the sand. It doesn't look to be designed to compete with the Ace, F2 type detector. Just a full package with 3 different price points to even let less fortunate families have one. For that alone Minelab should be commended for filling that void.

I think your assessment makes sense, and why many don't see a need to add it to their arsenal.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you hit the nail on the head, TreasureHunter. It seems Minelab has engineered a "family" detector, something that meets that need over anything anyone else makes. A father wouldn't care if his son/daughter or wife would take it out at the beach. It's not his XTerra or an F75. It's simple, light and compact. Perfect for family fun in the sand. It doesn't look to be designed to compete with the Ace, F2 type detector. Just a full package with 3 different price points to even let less fortunate families have one. For that alone Minelab should be commended for filling that void.

I think your assessment makes sense, and why many don't see a need to add it to their arsenal.
Also if someone is going on vacation and doesn't want to pay for extra luggage to take their full size detector the Go-Find fits easily in the carry on luggage. If your back packing and weight or space is at a premium, Go-Find fits the bill.. It has its uses...

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very long history dealing with electronics. I have racked my old brain trying to figure whether or not there is any advantage (electrically) to Minelabs choice in the plastic/vinyl/fiberglass components in the Go Find. Most detectors use metal all the way to the coil and then use a plastic converter to attach it to the shaft. Would there be any loss to sensitivity due to a detector having a metal shaft near the coil? My trip to Home depot today showed me that everything now is "plastic" in nature, even weed eaters and pole pruners. If those items are tough enough for that kind of task then I think a little dirt fishin should not be a breakage problem. your thoughts?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread