Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's and Amigo-ettes:coffee2::coffee2 Is there a ( STATUS ), on the Status of someone waking up on here in the mornin and smelling the :coffee2::hello:NP:cat:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Other minor things learned, when driving from 5000 ft and going up the Mogollon Rim( 3000 foot change in Elevation), in January, make sure you have the snow tires on, so it is easier to put on the chains when you suddenly find yourself in a snow storm with 4-6 inches of blowing snow coming across the road. And yes it was like 75 degrees down below. Putting the snow tires on in a snow storm and then the chains for the glaze ice was not my idea of a good time. Did I mention finding the heavy coat and gloves in the front of the pickup? Of course they were behind the seat.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other minor things learned, when driving from 5000 ft and going up the Mogollon Rim( 3000 foot change in Elevation), in January, make sure you have the snow tires on, so it is easier to put on the chains when you suddenly find yourself in a snow storm with 4-6 inches of blowing snow coming across the road. And yes it was like 75 degrees down below. Putting the snow tires on in a snow storm and then the chains for the glaze ice was not my idea of a good time. Did I mention finding the heavy coat and gloves in the front of the pickup? Of course they were behind the seat.

At least you had them. People who aren't used to the vagaries of weather in response to altitude change probably wouldn't have had the heavy coat and gloves or the chains....

JB

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ORO, YOU POSTED -- t this is the premise of a book I have been working on for some eight years now,

SO QUIT YACKING ABOUT MY PROCRASTINATIONS,
Since I am _not_ writing a book - nor do I have any aspirations when it comes to said activity, I see it as a duty to challenge those that do, trying to keep'em on their toes!!!
So keep writing!!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
ORO, YOU POSTED -- t this is the premise of a book I have been working on for some eight years now,

SO QUIT YACKING ABOUT MY PROCRASTINATIONS,

Whom is procrastinating here amigo? I work on this book virtually every day! The research materials are voluminous to say the least. Perhaps you would like to swap projects? :tongue3: You mainly need to call on your own memory, I do not have that luxury.

Back to the stories, keep 'em coming!
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all goes well, mine will go to the Library of Congress next week.
A couple of electronic glitches to fix, then paperwork and mail and wait for official registry number then go to publisher.

Tonight helped to break thru one of the hardest barriers.

Wonderful 61st birthday with my wife, daughters, son in law and grandchildren.

Great food and fun with the kiddos. Plus I have them tomorrow... grandchildren...
They keep me young.

#/;0) ~

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok, one of my Nieces and her husband go scuba diving in the Salt River. They have done it for years. They have a nice spot after some rapids where they go down 30 feet and sweep between 2-3 feet of beer cans to see the bottom. They turn in about 3 boxes of sunglasses every 6 months to the Lions Club, or use to. They have found more stuff than people running detectors above ground. Rings, watches, money, necklaces, almost anything young adults can loose in the water. They usally find the money in pants that people took off and put in the cooler and then the cooler flips over and dumps every thing into the water. From cheap watches to really expensive ones. Same thing on the rings. If they find drivers licenses with the pants and other stuff at the same time in the pants they return the items with the license. Some of the sunglasses go for up to $300. They go after the "big" holidays when people have been tubing the river.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of electronic glitches to fix, then paperwork and mail and wait for official registry number then go to publisher.

Great food and fun with the kiddos. Plus I have them tomorrow... grandchildren...
They keep me young.

#/;0) ~

HOWDY MIKEL,

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BOOK'S PROGRESS, AND YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOU ARE CATCHING UP TO ME AMIGO. THAT'S ONE BOOK I LOOK FORWARD TO READING, WHILE I CAN STILL SEE, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT DON JOSE'S.:dontknow:

WE ALSO CELEBRATED ONE OF MY SONS BIRTHDAYS HERE AT THE RANCH. SON-IN-LAW TOOK CARE OF THE TRAILER PIT, EVERYTHING TURNED OUT GOOD. ENJOYED THE COMPANY OF FAMILY, AND FRIENDS, AND I ALSO GET TO HAVE MY GRAND DAUGHTER STAY OVER. FOUND OUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE HAND SHADOWS OTHER THAN A RABBIT, AND A SAGUARO. :laughing7:

HOMAR

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They keep me young.

#/;0) ~

Mikel, congratulations on your birthday, I’m about 5 years ahead of you. Wonderful news on your book. Looking forward to reading it.

:hello2: :occasion14: :notworthy:

JB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread