Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Allin All you sound like an ideal camp cook etc DIT, I'll give you a tral, you can run after my mule, but be sure that you keep 10 paces behind, afterall even mules realize that women must keep their place, :laughing7::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

WOW! You really like playing with fire, don't you? Oh well, at your age, I guess you don't have much to lose......

JB

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Roy,Beth, Overbearing and crude are/were not in your voculary my firends, You always have been a gentleman, except for those sheep and Tayopa, trying to worm te secret of Tayopa from me which you eventually did :laughing7::notworthy:

Nah buddy, I was not too pleasant to YOU in those early days! You were the one that was always polite and courteous, and answered all of my many questions, showing great patience for my skepticism.

Before any newbies here that get the wrong impression, we have been friends a long time now but when we first 'met' online, I thought 'Don' (honorary title, well deserved) Jose was either pulling my leg or was one of the 'foundits' that claims to have found a famous lost mine by just looking at satellite or aerial photos, or solving some clues, never having actually set foot there. There are a bunch of such clues concerning Tayopa, and Real de Tayopa's site actually fits ALL of them, including the one I thought was most odd - the one concerning the Mesa of the Bellmaker. Anyway I was the one that was somewhat less than welcoming and hit our friend Real de Tayopa with around 600 questions to see if he was telling the truth or pulling legs. Needless to say although we got off on the "wrong" foot, it turned into a long and pleasant friendship.

Side thing here but when Don Jose' says that his woman team member will be "ten paces behind" said mule, notice he does not mention where HE will be - for he will likely be also ten paces behind! :love3: :tongue3: :laughing7: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Which all reminds me, but to our esteemed friend Real de Tayopa - that one clue which more fits into "lore and legend" concerning the spot where the "third echo" is the location of Tayopa, did you ever find that spot? If it proved to be true, that should be included in your book, and in the movie too! Also the man-killing bear spot.

I hope you had a great birthday amigo, hope you will have MANY many more to come, and to all, more of your excellent stories! (Keep 'em coming)

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze Oro, That is somewhat incorrect, I asked for anyone to find fault with my data, and you accomadated me, you kept me on my toes. As for the third echo, yes I did, it is located at Teters claim monument, the bear spot also. It is an ideal camp spot where the trail crests out of the Barranca de Barboroccos unto a small mesa,, quite flat, overlooking the Tayopa complex but separated from Tayopa by a ridge, so the origional sound of the horn has to go down, impact the curve of the barranca,deflecting it to the curve to the right into the Tayopa barranca,then to the right again. The return sound takes the reverse path. In the accompaning photo it starts at the left , goes down to the far cliff, around to the right, up theTayopa canyon, then north until it hits the cliff at the north end of the Tayopa then returns, forming the three reflection points, it is not reversible from Tayops. .

.Aerial.jpg

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok just another one to make you smile.
Way back when I was still doing full system repairs, I went to a site to help a co-worker. While there the customer came up and asked the age old question, "How reliable is this equipment?".
My friend gave the greatest answer in the world.
He looked at him and said, "Beats me, every time I see it, it's broke."

No one ever calls when the equipment is running. ;)

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lil late , so snuck in round back discretely , Firstly , congrats on another milestone Don.

Secondly , since everyone seems to congregate here a 'costas' Tayopa for coffee , figured i would ask a question here.

Somewhere , among the legends , was a post by a member about search engines , he named two. Can anyone remember where that post was placed or even the names of the 2 search engines he/she mentioned?

Muchly appreciated if anyone can assist.
Bananas

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry BSS. I personally can't. Perhaps someone else may. Gracias for the birthday wsh, have about 57 more to go.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
lil late , so snuck in round back discretely , Firstly , congrats on another milestone Don.

Secondly , since everyone seems to congregate here a 'costas' Tayopa for coffee , figured i would ask a question here.

Somewhere , among the legends , was a post by a member about search engines , he named two. Can anyone remember where that post was placed or even the names of the 2 search engines he/she mentioned?

Muchly appreciated if anyone can assist.
Bananas

Big field to search , legends.
Had you a name you could backtrack posts from his profile..

First search engine ,and recent I found in legends was http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/beach-shallow-water/516523-research-people-keep-asking-me.html

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That kind of sounds like Corporate Ivestigations answer as to how she did her research.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ded. . Dit.

DURrANGO AND SINALOA are two adjoining states in N/Western Mexico. They are separated by a mt range called " Espinazo del Diablo "Devils backbone. On the west it drops rapidly into broad shallow barrancas, on the east, in Durango, into tremendous Barrancas which were formed over time by the various hurricanes that center in Sinaloa each year. Some of these barrancas rival any in the world for deepness and remotenes, Some have still not been explored, Among their hidden recesses is rumored lies another famous Gold mine, "El Naranjal", however I choose to disagree with tradition and belive that i have found it in a corner of the Tayopa complex,

The people in there are almost completely uneduacated on normal morals and law, Both states claim it, but refuse to support law enforcement, as a result the law enforcement is confined to ocaisional Opium / Mariuana raids by the 'Army.

The mine area is called Las Colorados, so called because after each summer rain every arroyo would be ruuning with different colors due to the Mineralization. The area had been replanted with a spectacur, fast growing Pine " Royal Pine " It was a beautiful and spectacular area. this is the setting of the Mine called "las Colorados "

It s situated almost on the crest of the range, only lacking a few hundred ft to be on top. It is stuated at the upper end of a gradually increasing height, smallish canyon, perhaps 500 or so meters short of the crest. .

The first notice we had of any trouble was whEn a group of men burst into the office of Bert, my child bride
pushing the mine foreman ahead of them with a pistol at his head, milling around nNd shouting, Bert looKed up, and merel placed her forfinger on the pistol, and gently pushed it aside, and said 'that's not very nice"

continued

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all , relevant , coazon,
From memory one was on a deeper academic level , allowing you to search items not really popping up in google or the likes.
The other , dug in deeper like a level or two below google etc. Finding really obscure items.
I guess both go deep one academic items , other for obscure stuff on net.
Admittedly it's like the proverbial needle in a haystack finding that post, was hoping someone remembers it & has used them.
It's either in Tayopa or Inca :-| ���� (then again , brain farts & all that , it be elsewhere)

Bananas

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
From memory one was on a deeper academic level , allowing you to search items not really popping up in google or the likes.
The other , dug in deeper like a level or two below google etc. Finding really obscure items.
Admittedly it's like the proverbial needle in a haystack finding that post, was hoping someone remembers it & has used them.
It's either in Tayopa or Inca :-| ���� (then again , brain farts & all that , it be elsewhere)

Bananas
I have nothing from T-Net ...but deep web types are closer to describing search engines beyond the norms with scholar.google.com a step farther than Google regular.
Tread carefully... Before exploring ..learn the difference between DEEP and DARK web .....and if young ( under 21 for example)or not wanting to go where certain angels would not.....stay away from the dark!..
I'll post a less direct search link to some deep web search ideas and definitions of deep vs dark..

deep internet search - Google Search

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bananas

I think it all depends on what you are wanting to research, but I still believe that what you are looking for came from the one and only Corporate Ivestigations, our dear Amy. She once gave you a place to research under TREASURE LEGENDS "Seychelles...Olivier le Vasseur buried golden goblets, coins, diamonds...... post 63. If that was not the post you are looking for, I am sure she would be your best bet to point you in the right direction.

Homar

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was tweaking the flotation setup up at the mill while this was occurring, igorant of any trouble until one of the worker arrived bug eyed, and out of breath, After he had regained his breath, he then repeated what was going on, I immediately took off on the run, yep for the mile or so between the mill site and Bert's office , no one was going to put MY Bert in harms way. only stopping outside of her office to regain my composure and breath. --- I was in quite good shape then, see picture .

As I entered the office, I greeted some by their name, several removed their hats as a gesture of respect. This was very encouraging.

I then asked the ring leader , the one with the .380 pistol, just what was their complaint, that we were always open to legitiment complaints. He said " he cheated us, we have to shoot him as a point of honor" "Oh ?" I replied, "that is a serious matter, as you all know we do not tolerate that here at the Mine, while we pay good, we expect a full day's work. How did he cheat you?" "he told us that we would get double time pay, but he only gave us regular pay" " hmmm" I replied "how did this happen?"" He produced a worn piece of paper which tha forman had signed stating that for every hour overtime that they were worked it would be at double pay. After checking it carefully I told him that the agreement appeared correct, that the foreman was in the right "no way" he responded, " it says right here that we were to be paid double" "That is correct" I replied, "but you never worked overtime" I tried to explain to him what overtime consisted of, but they just couldn"t understand and continued to believe that the foreman had cheated them and demanded a blood revenge..

They had sent for the Curendero (a bronco Indian who posed as a doctor because he carried around a bottle of Aspirin and some Penicillin shots and also acted as a killer for hire. In this case, besides the money, he also wanted one of the foreman's 13 year old daughters. They were waiting for him, he had said that he would be down in about 3 / 4 days.So we were waitihng for him to clarify the situation -- I was going to try to outbid the men.

But in the meantime, I had to get ready for any eventuality, we had to gotten rid of also as potentual witnesses. I contacted the State Police in Culiacan, Sinaloa by our radio to see what protection they could offer us - remember we were not allowed to legally have any frearms - They said that it was a sort of no man's land up there and they had no authority and and that only the Army could give permission to have arms. Another radio call to the Durango state police resulted in the same answer, so I called the Military only to find that the Officer in charge of permits was away on official busines, and no one else would take the responsibility, so effectually every one had wiped their hands of US, we WERE on our own.

So i commenced to look around for anything to defend ourselves, when i spotted ---

cont

375675_4825355152522_170356871_n.jpg

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No MAC, me buddy, it was on the west coast while after Cromwell's pirate ship. Agiabampo zone.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir Tayopa, my supply of chocolate is dwindling rapidly. If you make me wait much longer to hear how the fair maiden of your story is rescued...I shall be forced to revert to the ayahuasca once more. And I don't have bail money.

Please....DO continue. :icon_thumright: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread