Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, my apologies for the interruption; please do continue with your story, Don Jose.
Don........

No need to apologize, Mac, was just trying to wake him up from his nap, lol.

Hello all , relevant , coazon,
From memory one was on a deeper academic level , allowing you to search items not really popping up in google or the likes.
The other , dug in deeper like a level or two below google etc. Finding really obscure items.
I guess both go deep one academic items , other for obscure stuff on net.
Admittedly it's like the proverbial needle in a haystack finding that post, was hoping someone remembers it & has used them.
It's either in Tayopa or Inca :-| ���� (then again , brain farts & all that , it be elsewhere)

Bananas

Sir BS, if you can't find what you're looking for with the multitude of deep search engines found listed on this link, it can't be found....

Deep Web Search Engines | Deep Web Search - A How-To Site

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
our supply of Torvex. Torvex is an amonia/nitrate fuel oil explosive used just like Dyanamite.This made a new ball game out of our situation.I would go outside, in plain view of the men, and cut different lengths of fuze, then light it apparently having Bert time it, then apparantly satisfied, made up two sticks, tied together with a 10 ft cord , lit it and threw them out in the patio, they made a very satisfactory noise, to me anyway, but the men were beginning to look uncomfortable.

To explain a bit, Bert's office was part of a building which also housed the original assay office. \it was fomed by cutting a notch in the hill above, making a small mesa in front which dropped off on three sides, perhaps 15 meters around. The backside , of course went up the hill. They could sit up there and merely blindly shoot through the thin roof. To counter this possibility I suggested to Bert, that she make a nest under the still standing Assayers Balance table which was a slab of concrete some 4 inches thick by 4 ft by 7 ft firmly anchored in the bedrock,. She promptly crossed that off, saying " if you go so will I "

Well the third day finally arrived and so did the doctor. There was much agitation among the men swirling aroun the cook shack and firally the doctor could be seen leaving on his mul in apparent disgust. So the 13 yr olds grew up to have families of their own instead of a fate worse then death

An aftermath was when I finally took the foreman outside to drink his coffee when a high pwered bullet passed between us. i doubt that he noticed it, but WWII had indoctrinated me. So trying to act casual i suggested that we finish our coffee inside. I assumed that it was some sort of test, which, I found out it was, there was no intention of hitting us, but apparently we passed.

Funny thing was that neither we , nor the men, ever mentioned this incident , they apparently understood that they had acted out of turn, while we were grateful that it had been resolved with some fireworks

Our boos flew in asap after and always lamented that he couldn't have been therefor a little adventure.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rather imagine that our DIT is cut of the same cloth as my Bert. She is now in her 70's I can't get it through my head that we have been married for that long, it seems as if it should be some 10 20 years only

My mother was right when I almost cancelled our wedding when I first found out how young she was, she had just turned 17 while I was 32 she said when your in your 90's she will be in her 70's, what differencewil it make then.. As a matter of fact I never did ask her to marry me, it just seemed right, natural, the only thing to do. Although I did have a formal Spanish presentation to her parents by a mutual friend while I stood there with a stupid expression on my face while he extolled my virtues.

My child bride.jpg

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful lady, Sir Tayopa, you have been blessed. :icon_thumright:

I could never hope to fill those shoes, but am truly honored by your words. :notworthy: Thank you for the Awesome story, well worth the wait for your siesta! And just in time, as I prepare to embark on what may be the adventure of my lifetime. In a few short days I will be heading into the great northwest to begin a new adventure, a new life. Wish me luck that I should be so blessed as you have been.

:occasion14:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditlihi

Good luck in your great new adventure . I hope you will enjoy it and you will don't forget us .

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never forget my friends, Marius, I keep you all tucked safely in my heart. I will visit often, and hopefully have some good tales to share around the campfire soon! Break a glass for me, my strong spirited Friend! A dance?? :occasion14:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, ypu know that I (we)) wish you the best as always. You will keep us adviseed?? Em=s stretch into the Alaskan hinterlands as well as the lower 50.Keep us up to date, especially me. your place by the campfire will always be reserved for you and I believe that I can speak for Mac, part of his Kalula.

Incidentally, you offered Marius a dance, and he with all of those lovely , sexy, Grick dancing girls ? but hot me ?? Of course I admit that I am from the old school that believe that dancing is not an acrobatic competition but a chance to snuggle in, in fact I remember an incident while courting my Bert, when we were dancing and I was snuggled in, when the dance ended she stepped aside and with no support I almost lost my balance, a situation where I had to take a oouple of steps to regain it. Blushing/

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, there will be days when ===== just remember my motto " this too shall pass, patience| Hey ya wanna hear about my visits to the Forbidden City in the heart of Peking, old China, or the special market where the farmers sold their unwanted daughters as slaves It was a male oriented world, sons grew up a supporting members while daughters only produced another mouth. This was in 47.Then there was the ++++++++ blushing.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Ditlihi,

We know it's not Adios, do wish you the best out there. It's safer out there than in out present "civilization", we'll keep the fire going, and look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Homar

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am humbled, thank you all so much. I'll see you all when I look into my own campfire! :notworthy:

And I will remember, Jefe. You know I've always saved the last dance for You......

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit. Best of luck to you in the great north west.
Take plenty of warm cloths and above all... Plenty of NEW SOCKS, for the coffee!

Stay warm and careful. And post when you can

God bless, and happy hunting.
Mikel.

#/;.0{>

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_flower: :icon_thumright: Check!! Thank You, Sir Prospector!

socks.jpg

Can't do without my coffee! :coffee2:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Remember to have your bear spray with you up there. Be Safe, Remember that the object is to be live to spend the money when you get back.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
:icon_flower: :icon_thumright: Check!! Thank You, Sir Prospector!

View attachment 1368636

Can't do without my coffee! :coffee2:

Sorry to see you go Ditlihi, we were just getting acquainted! :icon_thumleft: :occasion14:But you are going to the Great Land, where the boulders of gold lie waiting for someone to bring them home. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: The one thing about going to Alaska, that seems to hold true for everyone that has ever been there, but anyone that goes to Alaska, never comes all the way back. Good luck and good hunting amiga, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. And be sure to come back and tell us about your adventures, even if only to post photos of the massive amounts of GOLD you found! Hasta luego amiga!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember to have your bear spray with you up there. Be Safe, Remember that the object is to be live to spend the money when you get back.

Bear spray....Check! :icon_thumright:

( A 454 Casull and an 870 pump 12 gauge with 00 buckshot work pretty well too ). :coffee2:

Sorry to see you go Ditlihi, we were just getting acquainted! :icon_thumleft: :occasion14:But you are going to the Great Land, where the boulders of gold lie waiting for someone to bring them home. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: The one thing about going to Alaska, that seems to hold true for everyone that has ever been there, but anyone that goes to Alaska, never comes all the way back. Good luck and good hunting amiga, I hope you find the treasures that you seek. And be sure to come back and tell us about your adventures, even if only to post photos of the massive amounts of GOLD you found! Hasta luego amiga!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Thank you so much, Sir Oro... :notworthy: . And I have to come back, how else will I be able to obtain signed copies of everyone's books? Perhaps I will have some pretty door stops to trade for them by then. I'll need plenty of good reading for those long, cold nights! :icon_thumright:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::occasion14::icon_flower:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bear spray....Check! :icon_thumright:

( A 454 Casull and an 870 pump 12 gauge with 00 buckshot work pretty well too ). :coffee2:

Thank you so much, Sir Oro... :notworthy: . And I have to come back, how else will I be able to obtain signed copies of everyone's books? Perhaps I will have some pretty door stops to trade for them by then. I'll need plenty of good reading for those long, cold nights! :icon_thumright:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::occasion14::icon_flower:

A woman after my own heart. I got myself in trouble with a forest ranger in the Sierras when I suggested they would have less of a bear problem if we took a more pro-active approach to controlling them. I suggested that we use the .44 Magnum, but I allowed there were other calibers that would be effective as well.....

Can't think of anything else to do on the long cold nights? Oh, well, everyone to his or her own.

:laughing7::laughing7:

Seriously, do stay in touch. we need the ocasional female perspective on these pages. It seems to be pretty well dominated by all of us old.....whatever we are. I suppose that Don Jose would consider himself middle aged, but I know i'm old.

JB

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dit, a 12 gauge with 00 isn't the ideal bear load, far better with Breneke slugs, and have you practiced much with the 450 ? most are recoil shy with anything from a .357 on up. I prefer my S^W .357 with a 4 " barrel with Keith long range front sights,and semi wadcutter solids for penetration, With this I am almost guaranteed a hit on a human sized targets to 500 meters, recoil is very mild and it has the penetrating power.Also if you plan to be away from a source of supply for a long time, there is the problem of weight, if sufficient ammo is taken along. Why we went to .22's on that trip to the Yucatan, sides a fairly common calibre makes very good trading materiel :laughing7:

Have the adventure of your life gal, even the uncomfortable ones count in your memories. Oro can vouch for this. Incidentally he can outrun a sow, with cubs. has done it Ask Beth.

Incidentally, no pistol even equals a hard thrown baseball in energy, so forget energy figures. Proof, get a 25 lb sack and fill it with sand, stand it on its end, the shoot into it, did it even move or wriggle a bit???.

:occasion14:

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shorty finger, get it caught in a 45 slide function ??? Yep I consider myself as middle aged, but nature is argueing with me. Wevwill see who is right,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread