Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A TRANSLATED VERSION OF THIS SONG, BUT AS YOU KNOW IT IS SAD THAT TRANSLATIONS DON'T SOUND THE SAME, OR MAKE SENSE SOMETIMES. THE SONG IS "NUESTRO GRAN AMOR" BY CUCO SANCHEZ.

YES, ONE FALLS IN LOVE WITH EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS PARTNER.

HOMAR

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homar A su gusto -----NUESTRO GRAN AMOR" BY CUCO SANCHEZ.

I second everything you said about your partner, a true match only grows with time.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have news about my mandolin player " career " .
At that period , I used to play for my relatives after the dinner when the mood was up , and sometimes we recorded these moments on cassette tape using the microphone which was incorporated in the cassette player .
I called yesterday some relatives and asked if they have a such cassette , and one cousin said how has one . I asked from him to convert the data from the cassette to a CD and he answered affirmatively .
So , we have to wait a little bit to hear what the data possess . I am sure would be not a disappointment .

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOWDY MIKEL,

I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A TRANSLATED VERSION OF THIS SONG, BUT AS YOU KNOW IT IS SAD THAT TRANSLATIONS DON'T SOUND THE SAME, OR MAKE SENSE SOMETIMES. THE SONG IS "NUESTRO GRAN AMOR" BY CUCO SANCHEZ.

YES, ONE FALLS IN LOVE WITH EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS PARTNER.

HOMAR

I have a feeling that this one will not need translated ..... Once my phone gets it downloaded. ......

Amor is Amor.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose

If one day will make a movie from your book , I would like to has this soundtrack

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze, I leave for a bit and the party goes to pot Do you want a treasure story , experiences in old china, or ?

Any coffee left ?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about something scary, but not so much that it distorts your reputation as the fearless explorer that you truly are.....

Halloween is just a night away!

#/;0) [€}
Trick or treat!!

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Mikle,, I believe that it was when i was about 4 or five and i frst discovered Girls ---------------:tongue3::censored: Man was that scary.

Scary Holowen with goblins, course there is always that hill..Where even today under a full moon, a woman, unidentified, runs screaming down the hill and ends up gurgling with her throat cut. Everyone is convinced there is a treasure connected with it, but so far no leads,

Then there is the hacienda in Alamos where while remodeling, things (walls) _didn.t match, so investigation showed that there was a hidden room there with a bed and a female skeleton lying upon it with a partially developed fetus skeleton. The old masters occasionally hid their indiscretions by doing just that.

Then ----

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long ago, when I was about six or seven years old, we lived deep in the hills of Newton countyuArkansas.

It was so far from anyone that we almost never had company, but one night my Aunt and Uncle came by on their way home after shopping. They had parked close to the porch as we didn't have electricity or even running water for that matter. Dad had sent my brother and me to go out and draw a bucket of water.

It wound up being us and about half of our cousins, two of us carried coal oil lamps so we could see where we going. There was a big cat that roamed the creek bed just about a hundred yards away. That always kept us nervous about being outside at night.
We all came back in and my uncle stepped out on the porch to "water the flowers"
It was a good distance to the outhouse so he just went from the porch.

In a matter of seconds he came back in and slammed the door and pushed his shoulder against it. My first thought was that he was picking on our cousin. He was the oldest of his kids and he was always being tricked by his dad.

But his son and every one else was inside. I took another look. His face was as pail as a ghost and he was panting for air.

He finely was able to speak and said that there was something in his car. It was standing on the ground and was hunched over with it's head inside the car, but he first thought it was a bear and he stepped out and kicked the car and it stepped back and stood up.

It was taller than the car and even taller than he was by quite a distance

He reached above the door in the house and grabbed dad's shotgun and tossed dad his 6.5 rifle, my brother and I got the rifles from the back door and locked the door and we grabbed the lanterns and set up a perimeter while my uncle checked the car. It was only a second or two when he yelled (&#^€£||#¥) and pulled out a hand full of hair with a small portion of what was left from a foot long roll of bologna.

He tossed it on the hood and checked the footprints and couldn't tell what it was , but they were long and wide. We all searched as far and wide as we felt safe and returned to the porch where the decision was made that they would stay there with us and try to track it early in the morning.

That morning started just like every other morning at the crack of dawn when the big cat that roamed the creek let out his last roar at the sun. Everybody was on their feet in seconds.

We moved out of that valley without ever seeing another clue as to what it was that ate their bologna...

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya did it again Mikel, you reminded me of a story. I remember my partner cut our way up to a ridge where rumor had a hermit, living with money that he took off of unfortunate travelers, It was located on a narrow ridge. I set up our mosquito nets in line with the ridge, After cooking our evening meal we retired to our individual nets,nude of course, it was hot. I to think about tomorrows activities, He to smoke. After a whule I had to go No,1, so I unzipped my net stepped, outside and took three steps to te edge of the ridge and let go. Suddenly there was a snorting and a hair raising growl, then we heard something heavy crashing down the side of the ridge my partner was doubled up laughing for all he was worth. I proptly scurried fot the saety (?) of my skeeter net..

However later I had my revenge since he had to go also, he merely unzipped his skeeter net, scoped out a shallow hole and---, The next morning we found the tracks a huge Jaguar, estimated size of about 350 lbs. We never did reach an accord as to who was the most startled,me or the Jaguar. However I can always claim that I No.1 ed on a live, free Jaguar,..It's remarkable how defensless one feels while standing naked with only a 22 pistol in one hand and a machete in the other

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pale::eek::o.
Scary, huh? Hmmmm.....how about why I will not go back to the jungle.....8-)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, as I once mentioned,these camp fire sessions are not a one upper thing , but honestly you have triggered memories,, After all, 93 years gives you time to accumulate many "forgotten" memories, I thank you Mikel.

I had forgotten all about that incident. As I mentioned it is remarkable just how defenseless a male feels when he is naked..

Course DIT wouldn't know about that. :laughing7::censored:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel, as I once mentioned,these camp fire sessions are not a one upper thing , but honestly you have triggered memories,, After all, 93 years gives you time to accumulate many "forgotten" memories, I thank you Mikel.

I had forgotten all about that incident. As I mentioned it is remarkable just how defenseless a male feels when he is naked..

Course DIT wouldn't know about that. :laughing7::censored:

Oh Jose. I always hope for a run of
One-upmanship, and as for that defenseless feeling.... I have only found myself unclothed in the dark in the woods, in my dreams. Even then I didn't have a knife nor pistol.

There is a certain type of shy fullness
That a man may experience, that the fairer sex does not suffer nor understand. Perhaps Dit didn't catch as a sort of complement.

Just a guess on my part...
I could be wrong.

#/80(~

As for memories... No thanks needed for reminding you of another great tail... I have found a few in the years since I found Tnet.
:0)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread