PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike: Your PM box is full you need to delete some so you can get new ones. Plug in the flash drive, click on explore (not ie explorer) to open it select the C: drive and go to where the files/folder is that you want to copy and right click on it. Select Copy and then right click on the Flash drive and select Paste. Done!

Thanks Digger. I cleared out over a hundred spaces... they are hard to turn loose... they are my memory vault.
More importantly, thanks for the directions. i have them saved now so i can use them when i am less medicated.. I have been nursing a broken tailbone for a few weeks after working under my truck, changing my idler arm. those are torqued down well.... first bolt took all of my strength and leverage ... raised me off of the concrete.. then when it broke free, I smacked on the end of my tail bone ...... had not sat straight for a week, then had to replace the seal on the thermostat , some under the hood and some under the truck.......... all, just in time for the hard freeze tonight.

i'm done working on anything for a while....

i am learning to read everything on a tilt. even the captions on TV. sounds easy, but not really.

poor dog jumps every time i sit on the couch... it seems that i make noise sitting down.... maybe a lot of noise.

hope to try to save the files in the morning..... before my first pill!!!!

thanks.

#/;0{&>~

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s{ geeeze, a whole sentance without having to rewrite about 10 - 20 times} sorry to hear about your tail bone Mikel, better a computer out

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you back on site, Jose.

Computer crashes are about as bad as car [emoji594] crashes. Hard to get back on the road again!
#/;0{>~

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Safer than car crashes though.
My definition of a good day:
1) I don't have to change a flat tire
2) I don't have to talk to and Insurance Adjuster
3) No body sticks a gun in my face
If it not severe physical pain or life threatening, it is petty. Yes there is a story behind each of those. LOL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS WAS A POST THAT WAS FOR MY THREAD, THAT WAS INTENDED FOR THE SILENT READERS FOR MY THREAD "TWO SIGNS LEFT...."

I FINALLY GOT IT MOVED!!! SORRY FOR THE MIX UP...

MIKEL

#/;0)~

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THIS WAS A POST THAT WAS FOR MY THREAD, THAT WAS INTENDED FOR THE SILENT READERS FOR MY THREAD "TWO SIGNS LEFT...."

I FINALLY GOT IT MOVED!!! SORRY FOR THE MIX UP...

MIKEL

#/;0)~

That's entirely relative, my friend, and applies just as well to this one. Many, many Silent Readers on both, including myself of late. Keep up the good work and thanks to one and all for everything you contribute ....even if it's just to let us know you're still in the game and sucking air. As much as it messes with my war paint to admit, I've invested emotionally in both your journeys ...and it would tickle my tail feathers to see you both succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

Meanwhile, I will be watching for those publishing announcements and waiting patiently in line for my own cherished copies. Thank you both for allowing us to ride along on the journey!

Take care and Best Wishes to All! :notworthy:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: wine_zpsekaln4m7.gif

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dit, I rest well. Comfortable in the knowledge that the view count on this thread is likely ten times that of my thread, and I find joy in our mentor’s success.

He took away the fear of writing so that I could tell my story. The book has its end, but the story may never end.

There is much more in the final chapter than I know how to explain.

If I figure it out soon I’ll explain, and if I cannot explain, the story is done. And the angry cat will find its new home.

I may offer my hand to Jose, as a ghost writer or finish my novel that I started some twenty five years ago...

Time will tell.
#/;0{>~

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I feel for all who are writing novels. I, too, am or have been involved in writing my own book. In as much as I hate to admit it, I am a procrastinator. Most of my book was completed years ago, with only the final chapters remaining. The ending is what has really been the difficult part of the entire book. How are you supposed to write and ending when it has not ended, yet? Most of my second book is about me and my adventures, many humorous and crazy times spent in the outdoors. Also many humorous events that took place where I worked, I called it a workplace of clowns. They would work twice as hard to pull a prank on someone. My first book is close to being finished. It is a fiction novel about a cowboy returning home after the war in Vietnam. It is dedicated, but not factual about my brother-in-law. Good Luck. rockhound

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that Kaluha being poured ? Mackay will be pleased,as will others.
rod2e l
l am still fighting the computer, when I disconnect the 4 pin connention,the fans come on, and runs, but does't load.---two yellow, and twu black wires. ??t

dit, you have much to talk about.

when I leave up

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rod2e l
l am still fighting the computer, when I disconnect the 4 pin connention,the fans come on, and runs, but does't load.---two yellow, and twu black wires. ??t

when I leave up

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rod2e l

when I leave up

I do. And I will, Jefe....you have my word. Ain't no one been able to shut me up yet, have they?

Have you tried turning on the monitor? :dontknow:

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
rod2e l

That is the 12 volts for the Processor chip and video power. Mother board or video card, if you have one and not the On Board Video. 98% Mother board time unless you have a "Big Video Card". If the Video card has a fan on it, unplug it if you can and see if it turns on. Same for the fan on the Processor Chip. The fans are 12 volt. Fans are cheaper than buying a new system.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger, I think you need a different avatar.... something less like a pirate and more like a mad scientist.... Maybe with a few lightening bolts!

#/80{>~

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not really. Spent 44 years repairing Computers and systems. 30 years of vacations, off and on running down "old Stories" and some new ones. Now if I just could talk the wife into letting me go back to AZ., one more time. Sigh

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really. Spent 44 years repairing Computers and systems. 30 years of vacations, off and on running down "old Stories" and some new ones. Now if I just could talk the wife into letting me go back to AZ., one more time. Sigh

Why go to Az audigger...You should listen to don jose and try your luck in good ole mexico...lol

Ed T:headbang: I wonder what happened to the good old cheers mugs...Oh well...

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know where to go in AZ and don't need a passport or guards to stay alive there. In Mexico, might think I was DEA or something stupid like that. ; )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread