FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
JOSE. I HAVE TO FEEL SLIGHTLY GRRR. sorry lol WHY DON'T YOU USE 'CAPS' TO HELP YOU TO SEE WHEN YOU TYPE. I FEEL SURE IT WOULD HELP. STILL I MUST NOT INTERFERE, YOU ARE TYPING THE WAY IT'S EASIEST FOR YOU. just trying to help.

I AM PLEASED YOU ARE COMING THRU THE HAZE OF LOSING YOUR BERT. SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO CARRY ON TRYING TO LIVE AS NORMAL A LIFE AS POSSIBLE. YOU TAKE CARE NOW

LUV 'U'

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JOSE. I HAVE TO FEEL SLIGHTLY GRRR. sorry lol WHY DON'T YOU USE 'CAPS' TO HELP YOU TO SEE WHEN YOU TYPE. I FEEL SURE IT WOULD HELP. STILL I MUST NOT INTERFERE, YOU ARE TYPING THE WAY IT'S EASIEST FOR YOU. just trying to help.

I AM PLEASED YOU ARE COMING THRU THE HAZE OF LOSING YOUR BERT. SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO CARRY ON TRYING TO LIVE AS NORMAL A LIFE AS POSSIBLE. YOU TAKE CARE NOW

LUV 'U'

Bless you Uni...
That is an outstanding idea!

When I first started, on this thread and my own, I had to type in all caps.

Now I have given in, to my iPhone and itā€™s auto correct, with it being much smarter than me!

JOSE I WILL GO BACK TO IT ON THIS THREAD, IF IT WILL HELP YOU.

JUST SAY THE WORD!
AND Iā€™M ON IT!!!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
*lol* It may work every time ... but did it ever fall over? :dontknow:

Yes, on several occasions including one that was not an earthquake but a very low flying F14 in top gun school, tearing down the canyon literally making the dust fly from being so low to the ground. That sounded like an earthquake in the tunnel, and the bottle flopped.

On the other hand, should this low tech earthquake warning system ever fail for you, there is a money back guarantee, full refund on your purchase price.

Sorry for being absent from class a bit lately, the chores of summer don't leave as much time for T-net. Don Jose you concentrate on recovering your eyesight, and to all, keep the stories coming! It is not fair to expect one person to supply all the stories, and I have no doubt that every one of you has more than one interesting/funny or weird tale to share. So keep 'em coming!

Sock coffee amigos y amigas?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE A VERY GOOD DOCTOR [emoji67]*āš•ļø. HE HAS AN ANSWER FOR MY EVERY QUESTION... MY LAST VISIT, WE DISCUSSED MY BODY MASS INDEX AND EXERCISE, AND A FEW OTHER FACTORS.

WE STARTED WITH DRINKING PLENTY OF WATER... I TOLD HIM THAT I DRINK ABOUT A QUART EVERY MORNING, I USE FILTERED WATER AND BOIL IT UNTIL IT TURNS A RICH DARK BROWN COLOR AND SMELLS LIKE....WELL NOTHING ELSE ON EARTH.
HE SAID THAT DIDNā€™T
Count!!!
I TOLD HIM THAT IT HELPS ME TO EXERCISE.

HE WANTED TO KNOW WHAT I DID FOR EXERCISE.
I TOLD HIM THAT I PUSH A MOWER IN MY YARD. IT USUALLY TAKES ME A FEW HOURS I HAVE A DOUBLE LOT AND IT TAKES ME FIVE
TO SIX DAYS TO GET IT ALL DONE.
THEN I HAVE A TORTILLA WITH A LITTLE FRUIT IN IT. (CATSUP IS MADE FROM TOMATOES [emoji534] AND TOMATOES ARE FRUIT)
I DONT SUGGEST STICKING A STRAW IN THE BOTTLE AND CALLING IT A SMOOTHIE!!!

HE ASKED ME IF I REALLY BELIEVED THAT DRINKING WATER AND WALKING WILL MAKE ME LOSE WEIGHT, AND I SAID YES.
HE POINTED OUT THAT COWS AND HIPPOS AND ELEPHANTS [emoji208] ALL DRINK JUST PLAIN OLD WATER AND WALK EVERYWHERE THEY GO,ALL OF THE TIME.
AND ONLY EAT RAW VEGETABLES!!!

SO I TOLD HIM THAT I MUST BE RETAINING WATER [emoji97] THEN, BECAUSE IT LEAKS OUT OF EVERY INCH OF MY BODY!!!

HE SAID Iā€™M NOT RETAINING WATER, HE SAID Iā€™m retaining chocolate , ICE CREAM [emoji509] , OREOS AND OTHER COOKIES!

SO I SAID THAT THE DRYER WAS SHRINKING ALL OF MY SHIRTS.....

I was pretty sure that I was out of my point of view...

HE SAID NO..... THE REFRIGERATOR WAS SHRINKING MY SHIRTS.

SO Iā€™M GONNA HAVE TO CUT BACK ON MY COFFEE AND MY BACON šŸ„“ AND TRY TO GET THE LAWN DONE IN LESS TIME ā€˜ SO NOW Iā€™M LOOKING FOR A GOOD USED RIDING MOWER, WITH A CUP HOLDER!!!
#/80{>~

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Yeah kinda sounds like my Doc. He once told me I shouldn't smoke, while he had a pack of chewing tobacco in his shirt pocket. I pointed out the errors of his ways, and we never had that conversation again.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
MIKEL, YOUR POST DID MAKE ME LAUGH. I AM HAVING THE SAME FIGHT WITH MY WEIGHT. I HAVE JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES. SHEESH, SOMETHING ELSE TO CONTEND WITH, THE LIST OF PILLS, INHALERS, ETC IS GETTING HIGHER AND HIGHER, AND I REALLY DISLIKE TAKING THEM. AFTER THE DR. TOLD ME THIS, SHE SAID IT'S NOT BAD AT ALL AND CAN BE CONTROLLED WITH (guess what) ANOTHER PILL:BangHead: SO I HAVE TAKEN THE DECISION TO SEE IF IT CAN BE CONTROLLED WITH A DIET. SO WHEN I GO BACK TO SEE HER I AM GOING TO TELL HER, .( I think)

STILL LAUGHING AT YOUR POST THOUGH.:laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I retired 6 months ago and have gone from walking 14 miles a day and climbing 1000 stairs to nothing. I put on about 10 pounds and started walking an hour a day. I've also started the Uglymailman diet. In the vein of some foods taking more calories to chew and digest than you take in eating them. It's color coded and easy to remember. You can have all you want if it's yellow,white,green or red. Like lettuce, celery,radish,tomato onion and cheesecake. So far it's working pretty good.
MI MAJOR, PLEASE LET US KNOW IF OUR TYPING IN CAPS HELP. I WANT TO HEAR WHERE YOU WERE ON VJ DAY. GOOD LUVK.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mailman, be careful with the celery....
a serving of celery has one calorie, and it takes two calories to digest!

Do the math, if you eat too much of it you will starve to death [emoji88]!!!!!

#/:0{>~

OOPS [emoji87] I FORGOT TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS!!

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
MIKEL,THE ONLY WAY I LIKE CELERY IS IN VEGETABLE BEEF STEW. SO BECAUSE IT HAS CELERY,CARROTS AND TOMATO'S, IT'S A SAFE FOOD ON THE UGLYMAILMAN DIET. SEE HOW EASY IT IS TO DIET/GOOD LUCK.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real of Tayopa - If I were to mail you a digital tape recorder with instructions on how to use it and batteries to operate it, would you use it to tell your stories out loud and send it back at some point so I could transcribe them? It wouldn't be a book, but it would be the next best thing!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Don Jose writes of Kwajalein, I think of Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands; the location of a WW II battle in early '44.
Don....

DON,

THANKS FOR THE SHORT HISTORY LESSON.

I HAD THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE SOMETHING HISTORICAL.

THE PASSING OF TIME, IS LIKE A SILK
SCARF DRAPED OVER A MYSTERIOUS STORY.

ONE OF JOSEā€˜S BEST TOOLS.

#/80{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE BEEN BATTLING THE MOLE POPULOUS FOR SOME TIME NOW AND WINNING A FEW BATTLES ONCE IIN A WHILE.

BUT NOT EVEN HOLDING A CANDLE TO MY NEIGHBOR ā€˜S [emoji240] DOGS [emoji240], I HEARD THEM ROMPING AND BARKING AND GROWLING, THIS AFTERNOON. THEY HAD THE GRANDADDY OF THEM ALL.

I DIDNā€™T DARE MAKE A NOISE, AS ONE HAD ONE SIDE AND THE OTHER HAD THE REMAINING SIDE. THEY TURNED AND TWISTED AND TUGGED.

EVERY TIME THEY THOUGHT THAT THEY HAD FINISHED IT OFF AND RELAX , IT WOULD TRY TO BITE THE ONE THAT HELD IT IN HER MOUTH.

A FURY OF SHAKING WOULD ENSUE AND A SUDDEN CHANGE OF RESTED COMBATANTS WOULD TAKE OVER.

AFTER ABOUT TWENTY MINUTES INTO THE FIGHT, IT WAS CLEAR THAT THE DOGS HAD WON!
AND THE LORD CALLED THE POOR THING HOME. TO THE VICTOR CAME THE SPOILS OF WAR...

MY NEIGHBORS HAVE THOUGHT THAT I AM NUTS FOR DRIVING MY TRUCK AROUND THE YARD, BACK AND FORTH, SLOWLY MOVING EVER SO SLIGHTLY, USING MY SIDE MIRRORS TO RUN OVER EVERY LUMP IN THE LAWN.

I ALSO CARRY A MACHETE ON MY PUSH MOWER AND FREQUENTLY MAKE A BIG HOLE INTO A MOLE HILL.

LAST WEEK I MOWED OVER A SIX INCH HOLE, ABOUT A FOOT DEEP.

JUST LARGE ENOUGH TO BREAK AN ANKLE, SO I MADE A MESS OF IT BY CHOPPING ALL AROUND THE EDGES AND STOMPING THE EDGES DOWN.

I DID NOT WANT TO BREAK MY LEG WHILE I WAS MOWING...

THE NEXT TRIP AROUND, SURE ENOUGH THERE WAS A HEAD WORKING ITS WAY OUT INTO THE LIGHT OF DAY.

I LET THE MOWER OFF AND WAITED FOR THE HEAD TO POP OUT, I SWUNG AND IT CHARGED IN MY DIRECTION... BAD CHOICE BUT IT WAS NOT A MOLE AS I EXPECTED.

IT WAS A SNAKE. MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS,HOW BIG WAS IT?,.
BY THAT TIME ANOTHER SIX INCHES HAD MADE IT OUT OF THE HOLE, ANOTHER SWING AND A HIT....

THIS PATTERN WENT ON FOR WAY TOO LONG!
I HAD A HALF DOZEN PIECES OF SNAKE TRYING TO FIND ITā€™S WAY OUT SO I JUST KEPT HACKING,UNTIL THE LORD CALLED HIM HOME.

ABOUT TEN MINUTES LATER I NOTICED THAT A CITY [emoji601] POLICE CAR CAME BY, KINDA SLOWLY.

I WONDER WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR..

I WAS HOPING THAT HE WOULD STOP.

I FIGURED IF HE DID, I WAS GONNA SHOW HIM WHERE THE GAS LINE WAS AND INVITE HIM TO JOIN ME!

#/80{>~

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BIG

mAC, MY FRIEND, YOU NAILED IT .sORRYFOR THE ONE HANDED TYPING

You might try using the On Screen Keyboard.
It's under the start menu Windows Ease Of Access.
I use a wireless trackball instead of a mouse.
Easier to draw with.
I usually can't even find my keyboard
and I can use the trackball anywhere.
You can stretch the keyboard out to any size you want.

BIG.jpg

Nope, I don't know who that lady is.
79 degrees in Washington.
102 degrees in Apache Junction.
Yep, that's a four wheel drive tricycle.
Work in progress

AJones

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that was never posted, ssss
I had beem having prob wth my hi pressue spray , so was schedualed with another two man team the next morning, as usual I was assigned to another em, and as usual was assigned to the least desired position - the bottom of a narrow, twisty,tree covered canyom,. so there I was fling about 25 ft aboe the tre tops, the max height allowed, I then turned on the hi-powered spray. Instantly i was soaked by the diesel, everthing i the cockpit was saturated, I instantly lost contact with the outside arld - at the bottom of a narrow canyon 25 ft above the tree tops.
I instantle emerbed a faa statement by the faa, that no pilot could fly straight without istruments or an outside reference and here i was blinded by the Diesel. I instatly went on high alert, and c a r e f u l ly moved the stick,in what I op was straight back. I flew alomg for a few seconds witing to hear the sound of beaking branches just before a crash, I knew that bI wuld never hear te soound of flying into a clif.
aftre what seemrd like hrs, I finally managed to rub my eyes sufficientally clear to see a blured view of the outside to find that I had just baely cleared a cliff,I had done tt, I had pulled the stick straight, back with a climbing position , attitude - I couldn't rept that in a hundred years. I broke formation and headed back to the airfield , I said nothing but from the condition of the cockpit, with about 10 gallons of diesel, on the cockpit floor, it was plain to see.The mech was grateful that I had not't hoficiall eported him and we became fast friends for the rest of the operation, and I had the best maintained ed air craft fron then on.
Thes others claimed that my aircraft seemed to be on fire because of the hi pressure cloud that covered the cockit from view
I used up one of my lives on that one.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUTSTANDING!!!!

JOSE, I THINK YOU MAY HAVE GAINED NINE EXTRA LIVES, WHEN YOU PEED OVER THE BLUFF ON THE WILDCAT.

YOU MARKED YOUR TERRITORY AND STOLE ALL OF THE BIG CATā€™S SOUL!!

#/80{>~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread