Missouri Battleground Located with Metal Detectors

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post. The history behind why and where we detect is as interesting as the detecting itself.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank God it's privately owned.....I hope they don't give in somehow. Cool story...Thank's and HH!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for that story. Good to see new history being found, especially history on the War for Southern Independence! ;)

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read that story before, the Union boy's opened up a few rounds of artillery and the State guard boys took off. The Union boy's always referred to that skirmish as the Booneville races! Really wasn't much of a battle, but it's always great to save relics whenever possible. Kinda funny though because I have contacted Archaeologists before about civil war sites under const. and not once have i ever heard back from them or saw them ever trying to save anything from sites like that. Now if you have a good arrowhead site, that's a different story. I am not bad mouthing them just seems their priorities are a little different than mine.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Thanks for the story. You people in MO. aught to be jumpin' all over that place.
Good luck. I imagine Every relic hunter with the means to get there is thinking
the same thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread