Modest silver haul but reached my 2016 goal early!!!!!

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I started detecting last summer thanks to having seen 'toasted' pull some seriously cool BANNER loot from our hometown in Maryland. Throughout the summer I dug a crapton of clad, but it wasn't until the fall that I started taking detecting somewhat seriously, meaning I started evaluating sites, doing research, etc. I also moved from the F2 to the AT Pro. I dug my first silver, a 1940 Walker, on Oct 8. For the rest of the calendar year, I did fairly well with what I call 'significant' finds. I ended up 2015 with 17 silvers, a KG1, and a couple IHPs and old Nickels.

So I set a personal goal for 2016 of 50 silvers.

I was well on my way to reaching that goal when, on February 20, I upgraded from the AT Pro to the E-Trac. Since then I've been pulling silvers and significant others at what I consider to be a more than satisfactory rate.

Today, with a 1929 Merc, I reached my 2016 goal of 50 silvers...in a little more than a quarter of the year. Many thanks to toasted, Anthony, and the lots of forum members who've graciously dished out solid advice.

Also pulled an OD Nickel, a Buffalo (my first with a decipherable date...1930 i think), and a tiny little button.

IMG_5839.JPG

Now to another significant find...my old bottle of Lagavulin. time to celebrate/inebriate:

IMG_5840.JPG

Thanks for reading/looking & happy hunting all!!

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on cracking the 50 mark.
So what part of MD are you from anyway?? I'm in central MD near the Baltimore/Howard county line.

Silvers are kinda' rare in my immediate area. I guess because the folks who used to live here were mostly pretty poor. I've gotten two silver coins in the last week but if I find even one it's a great hunt in my book.

OP
OP
Murray8144

Murray8144

Aug 20, 2015
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Are you saying you have found 50 silvers since starting or 50 this year? I know you have 1 seated(your welcome) and two halves but what are the rest

Thanks cuz-50 this year. The breakdown is in my signature

Congrats on cracking the 50 mark.
So what part of MD are you from anyway?? I'm in central MD near the Baltimore/Howard county line

Upper Eastern shore...farm country

Last edited:

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks cuz-50 this year. The breakdown is in my signature