Money down the toilet - bummer

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well when it rains it pours. Our toilet clogged up and we had to call Mr. Rooter to fix it. This is an ongoing battle and finally he said he can put one in that won't clog up. I am making sure of the warrenty on this because this is going to cost 650 dollars which include installation. So there goes my CRHing money and I had to withdraw some funds off my line of credit loan. My mom doesn't have the money to pay for it what with our 1000 dollar property tax we just paid and the 1000 dollars we had to pay for our horses hay. for 250 bales, man that's a lot of money. People are asking why doesn't I sell my silver and I tell them that its my "Losing the house" funds. I have to go dump my 200 dollars in nickels still and then return our new toilet, only 2 weeks old, and that 137 dollars will go into the 650 for the new toilet. But we have a second toilet thankfully and I will take a clogged toilet over not having a working tub/shower for 7 months.

Then I had to go get radiation treatment after not having one for 2 days. They must have given me a double dose because afterwards I was throwing up, naueseous, extremely tired and running a low grade fever. It was one of those days that I just wanted to curl up on the couch and make friends with Mr. Diet Vernors.

On a good note, I did find a 1964 dime in my till at work. Not the best find but any silver is better than no silver.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's the toilet itself that's broken, they aren't that difficult to install yourself...

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have problems with my low-flush toilet every now and then and I usually solve it myself,but the lady who lives next to me had a problem last week ,were she had to call a plumber & he charged her $300 for something I do for free.I watched him,and it only took him less than 10 minutes.When he left I ask her how much did he charge her,she tells me $300.I told her that all it takes was a plunger on the outside of the house,unscrew the cap to the sewer line and use the plunger,up & down for about 30 seconds this almost always works.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry that you have been sick and are having financial issues, but this relates to CRH how? We all have stuff going on in our personal lives, I'm not so sure that this is the place to rant about it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sell the horses. They cost a fortune in feed and vet bills anyway, and only produce manure. Sorry to be so blunt, but wish you luck.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Sell the horses. They cost a fortune in feed and vet bills anyway, and only produce manure. Sorry to be so blunt, but wish you luck.

I agree horses are a bad investment. They are just stinky animals. Put that money in stocks, gold, or real-estate.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mother was having similar issues, clogging up,standing water, backing up into toilet and shower drain. The low flushing power of her toilet was the cause. We had to use a crank handle drain snake often but I grew tired of the midnight runs to save mom and aunt so I went to home depot, bought a $130 Pegasus max flow toilet, equivalent power of a 10 gallon flush instead of the sissy 3 she had. Now no more clogs,back ups etc and no more late night calls. Far cry from $600+ and took 15 minutes to switch out.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I'm a self-employed Handyman and a new toilet runs from around 89 - 300 at Home Depot or Lowes. I usually charge between 80 - 150 for labor as long as the shutoff value works. It is always better to get a new pickup line from the value to the toilet. I would check around and get a few other estimates because it seems like 600 is near the top end. Also if you can find someone to help you, changing a toilet is a matter of the 2 johnny bolts and a beeswax seal besides the pickup line, you don't really need a plumber just someone who knows what they are doing.

gunner45

May 12, 2012
Bedford PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I am sorry that you have been sick and are having financial issues, but this relates to CRH how? We all have stuff going on in our personal lives, I'm not so sure that this is the place to rant about it.

Take it easy it's not that big of a deal. She's been on here a while and people know what she's been going through. Your defense of "CRH only" doesn't help much. Let her talk about it on here, you never know it just might help her a little to get if off her chest.

Last edited:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it easy it's not that big of a deal. She's been on here a while and people know what she's been going through. Your defense of "CRH only" doesn't help much. Let here talk about it on here, you never know it just might help her a little to get if off her chest.

We all have our own problems. The reason I come on here is to share in the fun and excitement of my and others member finds, not to read about cancer treatments and broken toilets. I'm sure there are other outlets for that.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We all have our own problems. The reason I come on here is to share in the fun and excitement of my and others member finds, not to read about cancer treatments and broken toilets. I'm sure there are other outlets for that.

Karma can be a bi#ch! How about a little sensitivity. This may be a crh forum but if the shoe was on the other foot and cancer happened to come into your life you may find yourself with somewhat of a different outlook on life in general. More power to her!

Big Fat

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma can be a bi#ch! How about a little sensitivity. This may be a crh forum but if the shoe was on the other foot and cancer happened to come into your life you may find yourself with somewhat of a different outlook on life in general. More power to her!

Big Fat

Guess what? Both my parents died of cancer a few years ago, my fiancee had breast cancer, and my sister has a stage 4 brain tumor she is going through treatments right now. I have traveled 3000 miles and spent the last 3+ weeks helping to take care of her. I know a thing or two about cancer, but like I said this isn't the place to talk about it. If everyone brought their troubles and issues on to this forum it wouldn't be a very fun place to visit.

I feel badly for Garoulady, I sincerely do and I hope that she overcomes her illness. HOWEVER Treasurenet is NOT the place to talk about this kind of stuff.

So glad I visited Treasurenet today to be reminded of all this.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Guess what? Both my parents died of cancer a few years ago, my fiancee had breast cancer, and my sister has a stage 4 brain tumor she is going through treatments right now. I have traveled 3000 miles and spent the last 3+ weeks helping to take care of her. I know a thing or two about cancer, but like I said this isn't the place to talk about it. If everyone brought their troubles and issues on to this forum it wouldn't be a very fun place to visit.

I feel badly for Garoulady, I sincerely do and I hope that she overcomes her illness. HOWEVER Treasurenet is NOT the place to talk about this kind of stuff.

So glad I visited Treasurenet today to be reminded of all this.

I'm sorry to hear of all the cancer in your family and what you are going through. It is truly a terrible thing to have to be a part of. I'm sure that she just needed to vent a little to help cope with what she is going through right now. I don't know how Garoulady feels about your post or if she has even seen it yet but I could care less if you don't like what you see on this thread. Click the ignore and move on if you don't like what you see. I don't see "mod" beside your user name. If the TN mods don't like a thread or post it will be gone, that is up to them. Perhaps it would have made more sense to bring it to the attention of the mod by pm and let them make the call, not posting it on her thread for all to see.

Big Fat

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Then go to another thread where your lack of compassion fits in!!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Perhaps it would have made more sense to bring it to the attention of the mod by pm and let them make the call, not posting it on her thread for all to see."

you are 100% correct

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with this post. Sometimes we reach out to our friends and peers for compassion and kindness. T-net wishes everyone good health and happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread