Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had several inquiries asking about me when I came back on line Tuesday. I am OK , if not a little frazzled around the edges from being iced in for 8 days! Big icestorm got us last Sunday night a week ago. First thing to go was the internet, then the TV and all the phones. It even took out the microwave tower for our cell pones for at least 5 days. We had no communicatins with the outside world except if we wanted to drive down to the local Quik Trip Convenience store and catch up on the latest. The area I'm in was the was hardest hit in the state and it looked like a tornado had gone through here. Most of the trees were stripped of limbs and several large trees split and fell completely over. Local pecan crops will be decimated for years to come and pecan growing is a big business around here. I lost a redbud tree and the entire top tier of limbs in my big oak tree was down . To top it all I was out sawing and moving broken limbs and caught pneumonia again and had to just let it go for now. Finally got cell phone power back up last Sunday and my son came over and helped clear the yard. I have a few photos but it doesn't really show the utter destruction. Lots of cars smashed and big limbs through roofs, etc. I'm OK However, not to worry!

Attachments

• DSC01109.JPG
    DSC01109.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC01116.JPG
    DSC01116.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC01117.JPG
    DSC01117.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 305

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to hear your okay Monty. Just make sure you stay warm and stay out of the weather, we don't need you getting any sicker than you already are. Tell momma to put on some chicken soup for you, kick your feet up and relax. :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i was beginning to wonder about you. in another couple days i would have switched into worry mode! looks like the storm really got you good. you never realise how much you depend on electricity until you don't have it! hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. ;) im glad you are OK.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Boy....I tell you its hard keeping track of all you Tnetters.....Just happy you are safe and sound....and back here where you belong!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad your ok monty and that your back online, now i hope you get over that pneumonia fast ;) goodluck monty :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People our age have to start thinking about exerting ourselves when we try to do a simple task. At least it was simple when we were younger. I am glad you are OK Monty.

Take Care,
Sandman

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Glad to see you back & that you're all OK. If you weren't so far away, I'd
gladly show up with a chainsaw or two & help out. Just, take it slow.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Oh, Monty! Glad to see you're ok! Stay in, keep dry, and get over that pneumonia. Not fun! I have been thinking about you and all of the rest of the Missouri/Okie/Kansas crew and hoping ya'll were making out ok.

Keep us posted on the thawing out. I hate that ice storm stuff. Had to go through a month or so of it 10 years ago in Washington state. That's why me and my a$$ are in Louisiana now. Say what you want about our state; we may flood, but we rarely freeze! ;D But we do have ice storms now and then, so understand fully what you're going through.

We love ya! Stay tucked in warm! -Noodle

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you are safe...just another reason to hate winter weather.....3 more months till spring!!!!!(we hope)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear that everything is ok in OK with you, Monty. Take care of that pneumonia...hot chicken soup does help!

;) RR

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Jim,

So glad you survived the ice storm intact!
well..........almost!

Take care of that pneumonia ;)
You've had it a few times; right ?

And take help whenever you can, you old fart :P

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Welcome to TNet Monty! Be careful, there's something addicting about this site.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everkyone. It's nice to know at least there is some good folks that noticed I was gone for a while. Yes in spite of all my other ailments I have a lung with COPD. Thanks to the hosiptal giving me a staph infection a few years ago. It settled in one of my lungs and and left about 1/4 of it in scar tissue. Since I have trouble moving accumulated liquid in it, I get pneumonia real easy. This is the 4th time I've had it in 5 years. I at least know when it's coming on and can get to the doctor before it gets too bad. Antibiotics and rest is all I can do and so far I have survived. Yuck I hate talking about ailments, but that's what old farts do! :P :P I am feeling better now and have been eyeing the closet where my detectors are kept. The weather is much improved but they say another winter storm is approaching from southern Colorado. Damn this global warning anyhow! ;) :D I have seriously been thinking about moving south for the first time in my life. My daughter is near Austin, TX and they have stayed warm and dry through all this ice crap. I phoned her yesterday and she said it was 65, and jacket weather at night. I just hate the thought of trying to sort out 35 years worth of accumulated "junk" between me and my wife, let alone moving all of it. Oh well, we'll see. Monty

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
wow, i can see where the canopy of the tree would have been.. it must have been a nice looking tree.... :'( :'( :'( :'( sorry for your loss....

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Monty,

Glad you are okay. Will send prayers your way for a speedy recovery. Take care and have some of your wife's chicken soup. Take care.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread