more bankhopping adventures

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
Took another road trip last week. One hundred miles. Picked up over $1,200.00 in halves. Pulled nineteen 40's and one '64. Just managed to squeeze into a dump bank to unload the rejects. Teller didn't even bat an eye when I dumped two bags of halves. Methinks she's seen this before! :wink:

Once I arrived at my destination I ordered four boxes from a bank I'd done business with in the past. I picked those up Tuesday. Three skunks. Wasn't feeling too keen when I started to open up that fourth box. Skunk boxes....yep, that's why I quit ordering from the banks. I opened it up anyway.

Fourth box had a '67 showing so I had high hopes!!! First seven or eight rolls produced three 40's. Halfway through that last box I started pulling '64's!!! Pulled six '64's when up pops a Franklin! Been a while since I've seen old Ben (or a box that had six '64's!). The rest of the box was skunk.

Bankhopped a different route home. Didn't hit many banks as I was feeling poorly but did manage to pull a few '64's and a few 40's. Got home yesterday and counted my stash. Thirty-two 40 percenters and twelve ninety percenters including the one Franklin.

Figured out it was just a hair over nine ounces of silver. Not as good as what some of you guys get but hey...there's something exciting about pulling silver...even it's a few 40's!!!

Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
You are well on your way to being another Hunt Brother. We are all going to watch you corner the silver market. Nice Haul. Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very productive trip there JI.....well done!! I'll take bank hopping over boxes anyday. There is always that chance for the big hit. Although boxes used to be alot better in the past as I am sure you know. Nine ounces at face value.....it doesn't get better than that.......well maybe, could have been 10 ounces huh....ha!

Keep us posted on the next adventure....with pictures.... ;D. Keep plugging and good luck.

coolpix9 said:
You are well on your way to being another Hunt Brother. We are all going to watch you corner the silver market. Nice Haul. Jim

Papa - I thought you had the corner on the silver market??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread