MORE INFO ON SAN GABRIEL RIVER

OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Oh i didn't know there was a fire up there. Is it still going? Is it paved all the way up to the bridge?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can also use Google Earth to scout and area first. :)

OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Thanks Google earth was a big help. Is it the hwy 39 i take? I see it runs kinda with the river but also i was wondering where the east fork was at because i didn't see it on Google earth? Thanks for the info.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am not familiar with that area but something I do when I cant find something I know is there is I will use Mapquest or googlemaps with roads only and cross ref the two area's.
I also google search scanned maps. :)

Ashman

Apr 11, 2012
Sun City Cali
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & F75-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are following 39 up you will see where E. Fork runs off to the right off 39. Just follow it down to the end and you will see the places to pull off and park. The fire is still burning I believe and not sure how soon they will reopen the road back up. There is some talk that it could be closed for sometime due to some rehabilitation that will be needed from the fire but from what I saw the fire did not actually burn the canyon where the river is at.

FYI Make sure you have your venture pass or pay the ticket for sure up there.

We were there a week or so before the fire started and did pretty good, was planning to be there last week for a couple days but the fire killed that for us. If you need any tips or thoughts on areas out this way just ask and I will help where I can.

Happy Digging

OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Hey thanks a lot for the info. That's is really helpful!! I moved back out here from Arizona and and trying to find diff places to go. Yea if you have more info that would be greatly appreciated. Is all of 39 closed? What about camping, for tents, or camping trailers?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Show us what you find when you get down there, you dont have to say which spot but sharing a pic of your find is always fun. :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep us posted. I want to get back up there. I was last there in '82. Time to get back! TTC

OP
OP
sm3464

sm3464

Sep 8, 2012
Oh yes i will that! Thanks again! Do you know anything about the keen river?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions