more "junk" from my yard

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
more "junk" from my yard

i was going towards my back yard to a wooded area, and moving slowly around the front of the house. found lots of roofing nails from when they redid the roof years ago... i also found something i thought was interesting. turns out it was a thing to hold on a drainpipe... my dad said it was an old style one that they don't use anymore.
got to the back where i wanted to go and i found a flattened out tube... my dad says it might have been for barbasol.. according to the writing we could somewhat make out... wonder how that got out there ??? i also found a handle from a trunk there previously...

i am starting to wonder if i keep going close to my house, if i would only keep finding roofing nails. where are coins usually found in old yards?

Upvote 0

rferris75

May 1, 2008
Detector(s) used
Dfx, Prizm III, Ace 250
Re: more "junk" from my yard

Flower gardens, Near large shade tree's, Driveway where people are getting out of cars and reaching in their pockets for the keys, along the sidewalk line, Near the front steps, Antwhere kids played.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

Under old clotheslines is another good place. You also never know where a hammock used to hang or where people used to sit in lawn chairs. I found that each yard is different and you can find surprises anywhere. Sometimes way out in the back yard you'll find a spot where kids used to play and you'll find buried toys. Some of the older ones are just as fun for me to dig as old coins.

You might want to see if you can get out to an old park or playground for a little variety now & then to keep your hunting exciting. Good luck!

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Those nails could also be hiding the good stuff underneath, Im pulling everything out and throwing it in a bucket so I can re-check the area after a good rain.Dig every coin signal! make sure they hit hard from all angles! a good tone one way- but not the other usually means nail, stay over the target a while, make sure you get a steady tone- or VDI, then dig! a deep steady sqare tab signal can turn out to be a good recovery, Ive found many rings that way. If your finding sqare nails? then theres a good chance on finding a copper ( depending on how old your house is)
Good luck
We are waiting for your coin recovery pics!
Pro-

garyf

Jul 10, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70

For coins, I've had more luck in the front yard and the side yard opposite from the driveway (believe it or not).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread