Motorcycle riders

OP
OP
Probed

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Thanks Grafikdragonz, Gonna take her for a spin now, feeling alittle lucky today!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
I would say it to a motorcyclist's face, but when somebody can't respect someone's right to peace and quiet then it's doubtful they will handle the situation in an adult like manner.

Judging by your responses, your first reaction would be to fight to show how tough you are. Such a big man.

Please, all motorcyclists, make them quieter. Nobody wants to hear that crap.

Nobody wants to hear yours...........

habs

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
:icon_thumleft: Cool setup Probed! :icon_thumright:

@ Bazinga: They're loud (for safety) so that folks who don't ride will notice them! For the most part.

Obviously works, seems like you've noticed your share!

And trust me, you don't want to get in anyones face with that attitude.

Sky Pilot

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sky Pilot said:
:icon_thumleft: Cool setup Probed! :icon_thumright:

@ Bazinga: They're loud (for safety) so that folks who don't ride will notice them! For the most part.

Obviously works, seems like you've noticed your share!

And trust me, you don't want to get in anyones face with that attitude.

Sky Pilot

They're loud for safety? Are you serious with this? The Earth is flat as well.

"The AMA has gone so far as to make a policy statement on the issue which reads " The [AMA] believes that few other factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively noisy motorcycles". They then go on to say, "Shifting blame and failing to adopt responsible policies on a voluntary basis can only result in greater prejudice and discrimination against motorcycling. The consequences of continuing to ignore this issue will likely result in excessively rigorous state and federal standards, ……[and] abusive enforcement of current laws and other solutions undesirable to riders and the motorcycle industry" "

Show me some FACTS sweetheart, not what you want the world to think to suit your own needs.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Probed have you ever thought of the possible places your metal detector could end up if you were rear ended ? You just might have to reach inside of your chest to turn it on.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:
Probed have you ever thought of the possible places your metal detector could end up if you were rear ended ? You just might have to reach inside of your chest to turn it on.

I guess that would be really considered "probed" wouldn't it? LOL sorry guys, Tim

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
bazinga said:

"The AMA has gone so far as to make a policy statement on the issue which reads " The [AMA] believes that few other factors contribute more to misunderstanding and prejudice against the motorcycling community than excessively noisy motorcycles". They then go on to say, "Shifting blame and failing to adopt responsible policies on a voluntary basis can only result in greater prejudice and discrimination against motorcycling. The consequences of continuing to ignore this issue will likely result in excessively rigorous state and federal standards, ……[and] abusive enforcement of current laws and other solutions undesirable to riders and the motorcycle industry" "

Show me some FACTS sweetheart, not what you want the world to think to suit your own needs.

It would so obviously be a monumental waste of my time!

And I ain't your damned sweetheart.

Sky Pilot

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:

YES, for SAFETY REASONS!!! See it is like this, when we, (bikers), have to hear your "boom boom" music, (playing at 300 decibles with your windows rolled down like you are really cool, but not really), that also to include your cars vibrating noise of it falling apart from being played so loud!!!

US "BIKERS" have to make our motorcycles LOUDER to try and get you to HEAR us when we are near, or coming by so you won't have to worry about looking over your dashboard, (from being slumped down in the seat while driving), when you make the claim, (you did see or HEAR us), when you hit us, or the fact of you being too busy texting your buds, while you are driving NOT paying attention to what you should be doing in the first place!!

So YES, LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES! At LEAST by YOU HEARING US, you KNOW we are around!!!!

Yes, I have almost been hit several times by people not paying attention to their driving, don't look, texting while driving coming over into my lane, cutting me off because they didn't look around before coming over, etc, so yes with my loud pipes, I move right next to the drivers window, clutch it and hit full throttle right by their window and YES, MY BIKE IS LOUD!

You have a good "BOOM BOOM" day!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red James cash said:

Its an early warning system. Beeps when a car gets too close.

You do have a point but it may be higher than most car hoods in which case he's still got serious issues if rearended. But the box lid is quite ingenious.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
TheHarleyMan2 said:
bazinga said:
not what you want the world to think to suit your own needs.

YES, for SAFETY REASONS!!! See it is like this, when we, (bikers), have to hear your "boom boom" music, (playing at 300 decibles with your windows rolled down like you are really cool, but not really), that also to include your cars vibrating noise of it falling apart from being played so loud!!!

US "BIKERS" have to make our motorcycles LOUDER to try and get you to HEAR us when we are near, or coming by so you won't have to worry about looking over your dashboard, (from being slumped down in the seat while driving), when you make the claim, (you did see or HEAR us), when you hit us, or the fact of you being too busy texting your buds, while you are driving NOT paying attention to what you should be doing in the first place!!

So YES, LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES! At LEAST by YOU HEARING US, you KNOW we are around!!!!

Yes, I have almost been hit several times by people not paying attention to their driving, don't look, texting while driving coming over into my lane, cutting me off because they didn't look around before coming over, etc, so yes with my loud pipes, I move right next to the drivers window, clutch it and hit full throttle right by their window and YES, MY BIKE IS LOUD!

You have a good "BOOM BOOM" day!

:icon_thumleft: Right on Harley! :icon_thumright:

As for the last part of his comment, he obviously doesn't know what "FTW" means, does he? LOL!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sky Pilot

OP
OP
Probed

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Red James cash said:
You have a point there, but it does ride higher then a cars hood. My wife says to tie a red flag on and "Make The Bike Louder!!!"
But what a way to go eh?

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
bazinga said:
I thought this was going to be a post about how annoying motorcycle riders are...
What an arrogant %$@#.. I also read some of your previous posts and have to agree they are for the most part, very negative and usually rude. Why are you here anyway ? Hey "sweetheart" lets see how smart you really are. Suppose you're broke down on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere & you don't have cellphone service to call your other sweeties.. A Caddy full of businessmen, a pickup truck driven by a crusty old geezer, a lowered Honda Civic with big chrome rims, and a guy on a Harley are heading your way.. Who is most likely to stop and offer help ? I bet you guessed wrong rookie... As far as the original post it looks like a cool setup for going offroad but I would probably mount the detector vertically along the front forks or someplace where they don't turn into a hazard in the event of an accident.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could actually mount it vertical, but then again, the government might think you have a special weapon pointing upward to shoot down planes with! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I wouldn't mount it on the handle bars either, if you happen to be on a narrow trail you could end up having branches or even a tree modify the detector for you if it happens to catch one!

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ride :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:.
I'm looking for a KTM, to rig something like that up for myself. :coffee2:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Something along these lines was what I had in mind. A gun case might even be a good choice to use and they can be found dirt cheap in several sizes. I also have to ask why you don't take your detector apart at least where the 2 rods go together when transporting it ? If you ride down the street with it fully assembled they way your pic shows you will need to tie a red flag to the coil...

Attachments

• 3-military.jpg
    3-military.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 587
  • 2006_pd1268083_1.jpg
    2006_pd1268083_1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 566

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread