Motorcycle riders

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool idea Probed. Just wheelie it up with your headphones on and listen for the signals. :laughing7:

Hmm.....Think I'll take my bike out this weekend. ;D ;D ;D

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
DigginThePast said:
Cool idea Probed. Just wheelie it up with your headphones on and listen for the signals. :laughing7:

Hmm.....Think I'll take my bike out this weekend. ;D ;D ;D

:icon_thumleft: I heard that Diggin! Have fun! :icon_thumright:

It's rainy and cool in East Tennessee today, big bummer.

Sky Pilot

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd take your wife's advice about a red flag or something. Got rear-ended on a bike once. Family jewels took quite a beating on the gas cap. Would hate the double whammy of being probed at the same time.
That is one sweet bike NHBandit.
Al

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
deepskyal said:
I'd take your wife's advice about a red flag or something. Got rear-ended on a bike once. Family jewels took quite a beating on the gas cap. Would hate the double whammy of being probed at the same time.
Al

Dang, Al! That sounds rough man!

Sky Pilot

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
deepskyal said:
Al
Al I wish it was mine too.. Just a pic I blatantly stole off the net to show what I had in mind for a detector scabbard. My bike is an 81 Shovelhead 96" stroker, dual plug cylinder heads, S&S carb, etc.. black with green flames. Unfortunately I'm on a cheap laptop staying in an RV park in Alabama for the Winter and the pictures I have of my bike are home on my main computer. The wife rides an 84 Ironhead Sportster, Pink with Red roses... Psssst.. bazinga.. both of them are LOUD.. :thumbsup: :laughing9:

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
NHBandit said:
Al I wish it was mine too.. Just a pic I blatantly stole off the net to show what I had in mind for a detector scabbard. My bike is an 81 Shovelhead 96" stroker, dual plug cylinder heads, S&S carb, etc.. black with green flames. Unfortunately I'm on a cheap laptop staying in an RV park in Alabama for the Winter and the pictures I have of my bike are home on my main computer. The wife rides an 84 Ironhead Sportster, Pink with Red roses... Psssst.. bazinga.. both of them are LOUD.. :thumbsup: :laughing9:

:icon_thumleft: Wow NHBandit! Those are some cool rides y'all have! I hope you get to post some pictures soon! :icon_thumright:

Psssst.. bazinga.. both of them are LOUD.

LOL!!! :thumbsup:

Sky Pilot

OP
OP
Probed

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Well I really started to think about getting rear ended and having it go through me. I'm going to make a new mount and break the detector down to lay side by side. It won't look as cool but it won't be so obvious either. It also flexes up and down quite a bit (sorta like a fishing pole) when I'm going over bumps and I don't like driving too slow. I'll also pad the brace with some neoprene to lessen the shock and call it good.
Thanks for all the great advice you guys, leave it up to a bunch of bikers to add FRIENDLY and helpful comments.

Joe

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
@probed

I have a KLR650 and your setup looks cool. I actually picked up a rifle scabbard for my KLR. I used to carry my 223 out chuck hunting (minus the bolt, in my jacket- so if I was pulled over they couldn't say much about carrying the rifle). I'd be worried about having the detector on the back like that- for no other reason then flex... I backpack a lot and it would just be easier to break the detector down remove the coil, remove the lower bar and bag the parts in a good bundle. my detector is a lower end bounty hunter and it breaks down in to parts so it might even fit in the rig you have on the back of your bike. the first think I thought about when I saw that rig was if your bouncing around and one of the bungees go that's a bundle of cash hitting the trail in a bad way....for me having the detector in a back pack means I know it's not getting dropped on the ground...and well if my pack hits the trail with me in it- I have more to worry about then a bad day... :laughing9:

very cool rig -post pics of what your thoughts are on breaking your MD down and securing it on your bike...hum...thinking boxes on the back...wow- that would be cool....

OP
OP
Probed

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Mfitzy, what you don't see is a hidden tail-hook attached to the lid that engages a Whites aftermarket part which is screwed underneath the detector box to keep it off the ground. The cradle keeps the detector from moving fore & aft and sideways. The bungees only keep it snug in the cradle with more then enough pressure to keep the unit there. You could probably hang a 25 lb. weight off the coil and it wouldn't pop out. Despite my wishes the coil on the end whips up and down more then to my liking. The whole premise of the design was to keep the detector intact so I could buzz around town and be able to be detecting without having to break it down and stuff into a pack over and over. Its what I been doing all along and I'm tired of it. Breaking the shaft down into 2 pieces I can live with so that's the new plan. Will post pictures soon! Gook luck with the KLR, great bike.
Joe

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I really started to think about getting rear ended and having it go through me. I'm going to make a new mount and break the detector down to lay side by side. It won't look as cool but it won't be so obvious either. It also flexes up and down quite a bit (sorta like a fishing pole) when I'm going over bumps and I don't like driving too slow. I'll also pad the brace with some neoprene to lessen the shock and call it good.
Thanks for all the great advice you guys, leave it up to a bunch of bikers to add FRIENDLY and helpful comments.

Smart move :thumbsup: Chances are you could of gotten away with it, then again were the risks worth the reward. One idiot talking on their cellphone while theyre pulling up behind you. Lights out.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Red James cash said:
Smart move :thumbsup: Chances are you could of gotten away with it, then again were the risks worth the reward. One idiot talking on their cellphone while theyre pulling up behind you. Lights out.

For real! :thumbsup:

I can't count the times I've had to gun it and either get in another lane or run through an intersection to keep some nut from rear ending me!

Sky Pilot

lookininpa

Greenie
Mar 23, 2011
Delaware County, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 w/sniper coil, HF pp
Good work with the MacGyver-ing! :icon_thumleft:
I ride and thought about how I would attach the MD...lol

Anything attached to the bike beyond the back wheel will act like a weight on the end of a fishing pole. It would just bounce around. The center of gravity is safest where the rider is seated.

If you could break down the MD into a case and strap the case in place of the milk crate you might make out better. Its a lower center of gravity and more protection for the MD.

I have mounted 2 - 3x5 flags for parades, had gun cases, a small piece of furniture, a trophy all strapped to the back of the bike.... anything is possible if you balance her right!

Ride safe, ride often!

Attachments

• BikeFlag.JPG
    BikeFlag.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 421
OP
OP
Probed

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
This is much better. Still sticks out but only half as far and I can live with that. No more fishing pole effect and very secure. The coil sits nearly 5' high so I would have to be hit by a lifted 4x4 to get my back probed ;D Took it out today for a good shakedown cruise and was able to hit speed bumps and such at normal speed. Now to make a cradle for the Excal. Thanks again for looking and comments.
Joe

Attachments

• md holster.jpg
    md holster.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 412

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats is cool ! Just do not do any wheelies or you will be minus a coil :laughing7:
I always liked getting them up on that back tire :thumbsup:
Have fun in all your hunts

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheHarleyMan2 said:
YES, for SAFETY REASONS!!! See it is like this, when we, (bikers), have to hear your "boom boom" music, (playing at 300 decibles with your windows rolled down like you are really cool, but not really), that also to include your cars vibrating noise of it falling apart from being played so loud!!!

US "BIKERS" have to make our motorcycles LOUDER to try and get you to HEAR us when we are near, or coming by so you won't have to worry about looking over your dashboard, (from being slumped down in the seat while driving), when you make the claim, (you did see or HEAR us), when you hit us, or the fact of you being too busy texting your buds, while you are driving NOT paying attention to what you should be doing in the first place!!

So YES, LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES! At LEAST by YOU HEARING US, you KNOW we are around!!!!

Yes, I have almost been hit several times by people not paying attention to their driving, don't look, texting while driving coming over into my lane, cutting me off because they didn't look around before coming over, etc, so yes with my loud pipes, I move right next to the drivers window, clutch it and hit full throttle right by their window and YES, MY BIKE IS LOUD!

You have a good "BOOM BOOM" day!

How you feel about people playing their music too loud in their cars is exactly how everybody else feels about motorcycles that are too loud. Thanks for proving my point. I'm not arguing for excessively loud music, either. But to combat ignorance with more ignorance?

I have also been hit several times by bikers with no regard to other people's safety as well. And to combat their loud pipes I have laid on my horn at stop lights while they all try to talk and just held it there so they couldn't have a conversation either.

Does a motorcyclist really need to blast their pipes at 12 miles an hour through a residential neighborhood with no cars in site? Or while driving through the middle of a park? It's all for attention. It has nothing to do with safety.

[mod]Terms violation removed.[/mod]

OP
OP
Probed

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
[mod]Terms violation removed.[/mod]

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
How you feel about people playing their music too loud in their cars is exactly how everybody else feels about motorcycles that are too loud. Thanks for proving my point. I'm not arguing for excessively loud music, either. But to combat ignorance with more ignorance?

I have also been hit several times by bikers with no regard to other people's safety as well. And to combat their loud pipes I have laid on my horn at stop lights while they all try to talk and just held it there so they couldn't have a conversation either.

Does a motorcyclist really need to blast their pipes at 12 miles an hour through a residential neighborhood with no cars in site? Or while driving through the middle of a park? It's all for attention. It has nothing to do with safety.

Terms violation removed.

WOW!! I AM IMPRESSED!!!! NOT!!!!!.....And NOT ON YOUR BEST DAY TRYING!!!! Funny I ride a Harley and I don't go through neighborhoods reving my engine making a bunch of noise! Nor do I do it are red lights or stop signs. Your attitude must be you ticked off a Harley Rider for no reason, ie, called the cops on him, gave him the finger, (probably not because you are still able to type), etc, etc, in your nieghborhood and he is doing it just to tick you off because you started whatever with him!

Kind of funny how you post a link with very profane use of language in it on a VERY FAMILY ORIENTED website!!!

I guess this shows just how much maturity you have to WATCH those type of programs on your TV, but hey it IS America and you can watch what you want to. If you have any kids, I certainly wouldn't let any of my kids go to your home and hang out with your kids! I guess you seem to find South Park the top of the line "FAMILY ORIENTED" cartoons to watch.

I am not going to reply to you anymore about your idiotic postings, but I must say for some reason you hate "BIKERS", NOT BECAUSE of Harley's being loud, but because either you don't know how to ride one, can't afford one, don't like people that are BETTER THAN YOU, or is the one of the two factors why you dislike "BIKERS". 1. Your first love ran off with one or 2. You have little man issues? If both 1 and 2, then I can only suggest 1. Get over it and 2. Search the internet, I hear they have medical wonders to fix your problem!

Fact is there are smart and safe riders out there and some are not and if you look at the statistics, Sport Bike riders are in more accidents than any other "BIKE RIDER" out there because many feel the need to show off and be stupid which in turns causes deaths, accidents, and injuries because many speed and show off in the process.

On the "OTHER HAND" MANY HARLEY RIDERS and some "OTHER RIDERS", raise money for donations to many organizations like BACA, (Bikers Against Child Abuse), Bikers for Kids, Bikers for Fallen and Wounded Vets, BASA, (Bikers Against Sexual Abuse), Just to name a few, there are LOTS MORE!

By the way, What have YOU GIVEN and DONATED, (other than your idiotic opinion), to help those less fortunate?

Have a good day K..K....Keyboard K....K......K....K...Kommando!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread