Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia Ora from Mike in New Zealand.
Nice bikes. I'm fortunate enough to have some of the best riding roads you could wish for, right on my doorstep. Both of our main Islands are a bikers' mecca. We have a huge biker following here with any number of social riding clubs to cruise with on a weekend.

My bike's a '96 Triumph Trophy 900 - a fantastic machine.

(edit) Me and Her cruised our South Island on the Trophy in March (08). Thinking of repeating the experience - and filling in the gaps - in March 2009.
Cheers, Mike

Attachments

• Maraetai 19.8.06 x 3.JPG
    Maraetai 19.8.06 x 3.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,519

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
well I'm a rider to but i just got rid of my bike , it was an 85 aspencade , i like it a lot .but i blow up my wife's car . so i had to use the bike for a down payment on her new car. ,oh well ,ill just have to get another one soon.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hey Jim,
You wouldn't happen to also go by the alias Mr. Moto? I purchased a rear wheel for the motorcycle in the picture from him. He's also from Montana. The bikes a 1947 Harley Davidson WL 45 and I've put just under 5,000 miles on it in two riding seasons. ;D

Attachments

• MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,420
OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Sidevalve45 said:
Hey Jim,
You wouldn't happen to also go by the alias Mr. Moto? I purchased a rear wheel for the motorcycle in the picture from him. He's also from Montana. The bikes a 1947 Harley Davidson WL 45 and I've put just under 5,000 miles on it in two riding seasons. ;D

Nope! I'm not also Mr. Moto... but that is a cool name... 8)

Dang that '47 is a beauty! Oh man... :o Wow... I hope your enjoying that thing sidevalve!

75_stingray

Oct 4, 2006
Charleston
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Tesoro Vaquero
I'm in the middle of my build as we speak.

I've started w/a one off custom rigid frame stretched 8"out 1"up with 45 degrees (50degrees w/the tree)rake in the neck, while sporting and front air dam/oil bag.

I've gone with a fully polished 120hp ElBruto stroker motor with a fully polished right side drive tranny driving a sprotor(sprocket/rotor combo) mounted on a massive 330mm rear wheel.
Paint is next and will be all House of Colors Tangilo with ghost mother of pearl tribal graphics.

Laidout.jpg

357e4138.jpg

i.jpg

ElBrutoe-1.jpg

allen2_006.jpg

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Rich in Central PA said:
Thats me and my HOG................2006 HD Heritage Softail Classic at Harley Davidson open house last September 2006 at York, Pennsylvania.

Rick... great pics there at the factory!

Three summers ago I rode my Fatty from Great Falls Montana to Harrisburg, PA. Made it a three week trip there and back and rode the whole thing solo. Someplace I have some awesome pics of my bike under that tall-ass HD sign at the factory in a big open parking lot... a picture of her where she was born. It was cool.

Riding everyday through eleven states was the trip of a lifetime for me...

If I ever do that again I'm MDing accross the country with anyone here who will tolerate me for half a day of detecting!

75_stingray said:
I'm in the middle of my build as we speak.

Stingray! Man you outta post some pics here showing your progression! Looks like she's gonna be awesome... and um, a little faster than my Stage I 88B. :P You'll get that done and go on Build or Bust with Russ!

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I saw a bike back in '64 (Harley),that had a large western riding saddle for a seat and the entire bike was covered and trimed in that tan western cowhide,around the gauges,I mean everywhere.It really looked sharp and certainly drew attention.I have never seen another one dressed out like that.That was in San Francisco when the hippie generation was getting started.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
lufin said:
They say it's like riding a motorcycle, only higher.

Man... I have about 300 hours in hueys (as a back seater) ... I think flying one of those deals you have there would be freaking awesome! Did you build it?

timbuckII

Jan 12, 2007
That was in San Francisco when the hippie generation was getting started.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhh,the good ole days...

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
Montana Jim said:
lufin said:
They say it's like riding a motorcycle, only higher.

Man... I have about 300 hours in hueys (as a back seater) ... I think flying one of those deals you have there would be freaking awesome! Did you build it?
I didn't build this one. I've had it for 4 years now. I wanted to get something thatwasn't too expensive to begain with so I went used. I do want to build my next one. It is a lot a fun but took a lot a training. And I NEEDED IT !!

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where did you get that thing?

Nice bikes fellas :)

lufin

Jan 29, 2007
SouthCentral Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher C/Z-6
djui5 said:
Where did you get that thing?

Nice bikes fellas :)
One of our club members had it for sale. There are a lot of gyro's around Az. You can check out Popular Rotrorcraft Asso. for more info.

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'69 MTD Trailflight Springer..........

in the break wind!!!!!

Attachments

• mtd-1.JPG
    mtd-1.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,188

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
jorge del norte said:
'69 MTD Trailflight Springer..........

in the break wind!!!!!

Holy crap... what a BLAST!

last time i rode it, i went on a unintentional WOT donut, then jumped a downed tree and blew the front tire.........the old minis.......command respect!

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Hi Treasure Hunting Bikers

Here's a picture of my two rides that I have on the road. The one in the front is a 100th Anniversary Springer, the other a 1980 Sportster. Feels good to finally have nice enough weather to ride.

Goldgrubber

Attachments

• HD2.JPG
    HD2.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,179

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread