moving to FL from NM, the question asked a million times;)

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
IF YOU BOTHER TO OPEN AND READ THIS PLEASE GIVE YOU OPINION!!!!!!!! THANKS

sorry to bother, i am gonna ask a question you must have heard a thousand times. i currently live in new mexico, and i once had a mxt, i loved it, it was simple and worked great. i am moving to florida soon. i would like to purchase another mxt. the problem is i will be at the beach on wet sand coil in salt water alot (i dont swim in oceans) . at the same time i will be coinshooting and relic hunting away from the beach on dry land. i have read reviews about the mxt having problems with , chatter in wet sand and coil in salt water. what would you recomend? i dont want to lose performance. i love the mxt tho. should i veer to a pulse MD? if so how does it do on dry land? please help!!!
thank you
Chong

Upvote 0
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
i guess they both have thier ups n downs. NM seems just like florida except for the ocen and all, and the bikinis. but hey, short shorts are just as good;) i like the wet weather more, and the fish here are if ur lucky 24in. and only a few varities. the ocean holds alot of scary crap, tis why i dont swim in it, just fish it ;D

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Hello,

First off I have a MXT and on the beach in the wet sand it well work BUT !! it is not deep at all the best to be on the wet sand is a Excalibur 1000
of a minelab GT with a wot coil... but the wot coil is hard to pin point with the Excalibur is water proof unit so who cares if it get wet..
wear a unit that is not made for water get Salt water on it you have one Junk unit for the trash.. even a little drop of salt water well FRY a unit faster then you can pick it up. sooo on the safe side get the Excalibur it is the best for Salt water used ... come to think of it I use my Excal in both fresh and salt water.. Good Luck on the move..

Morris
Ocala Florida

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does, I used mine on dry land many times.

I bought a Whites 6000 PRO XL though to use for dry land, it is a lot lighter. I found it for a good price and it still had over 18 months of Whites warranty on it.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
MXT is a great Machine but only OK on the beach. If you can get it for relic hunting and a Whites Beach hunter or a Excal for the beach. Water proof machines are the best for the beach even if you do not the want to get in the water as you can rinse the salt build up off them and have no worries. If you can't do both get the DFX as it is great on land and at the beach I have found a lot of gold on the beach with my DFX.

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
how does the dfx do on wet sand? and coil submerged?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions