MXT 8x6 SEF Coil thoughts?

Jimmy4

Sep 2, 2009
Battle Creek, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ace 150, Etrac
I know a month or so back there was a post about these coils, but not many replies. I just recently purchased one, anyone have "real life" experience utilizing the 8x6 SEF on an MXT?
Trouble pin pointing?
Learning curve?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts...maybe some of this snow will go away so I can try it out!!

Burnt Chimney

Nov 14, 2008
Hornet Nest North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT F-75 AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted on the 8x6 .I 'm almost ready to order one myself, just need a little more encouragement. If its as good as the 10x12 it should pick right through the trash.
BC

OP
OP
Jimmy4

Jimmy4

Sep 2, 2009
Battle Creek, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Garrett Ace 150, Etrac
Well, got out with the new 8x6 three times this weekend...I think I like it.
Seems slightly different to pinpoint with, and several times I was was off what I thought was center.
I don't know that I actually pulled out anything deeper, but I hit one spot that I beat pretty hard last year and still managed to find almost $2 worth of clad...nothing too old.
Seems to be a dime killer and hits dead on for quarters.
HH all.

Swingaway

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2010
Meridian,ID
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac MXT 300
Well got it in a gave it a run on a old school ive been working over for awhile.I like it .....not alot of trash here cleaned most of it up,but i snagged 3.78 in clad and a deep copperish ring bout 7 1/2 inches...also popped a wheat out bout 5 inch on its side (read it great).Had a dime right next to a tab and read both targets easy.Reads about+2 overall on most stuff compared to old stock coil.Plus i actually never had to pinpoint much when it was close to top ...reads well without pinpointing on stuff not so deep,but is off on when it gets past 4 inches on dimes/pennies it seems...not that i go by depth reading all the time :laughing7:.

Swingaway

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2010
Meridian,ID
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac MXT 300
Took it to a trashy park...depth of a stock coil and separation like a 5.3 coil all in one.Well worth the money and the back order time.

Nailbender

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2009
I've put about 6 hours on my 6x8 on a M6 and am really liking it. I usually run my 5.3 in the trashy parks but I have learned if I slow my swing down I can pick through the trash just as well with the 6x8. This is my first DD coil and it has taken me some practice to get the pinpointing down but I can now pinpoint pretty much dead center under the shaft. This coil is very sensitive, some of the shreds of metal I find are unbelievably small even hard to find with my pinpointer. I find myself not running the M6 as hot as I usually do with my 5.3 but I think I could run it hotter if I would turn my disc up just a little, just need some more time to play around with it. I think this coil will be my main coil for a while in most places but I would like to read a comparison between the 6x8 & the 6x10. The coil seems to ID the same as my 5.3 other than nickels seem to bounce around a little more, I dug some that bounced from 16-18-20-22, 18-20-22 and some that were a solid 18-20 which for me is about normal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread