My best days detecting shared with great friends...

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Hi Everyone,
Let me first tell you about TnT2000, KenPA and wife Linda, & JohnyMc. We've been hunting together for some time now and I couldn't find better people to share this hobby with. We share information, and when hunting in a huge area, we radio each other when we stumble onto a hot spot to get everyone in there.
Now onto the finds. Ken got us into a new spot 'bout a mile from the "off the beaten trail spot". Man is this site hot. I hunted a little on Friday, a few hours Saturday and a couple hours after Easter Mass. On Friday, I got my first Flying Eagle cent (no date), a couple IH's, and my first silver in almost 5 months a Merc (42) and a Barber dime (02). The merc was in a hole with 8 wheaties.
Saturday I was back in the same area finding nothing, so I moved about 200 yards to the other end of the wood lot. Man did that payoff. I got three 2 centers, some more IH's, and another Barber dime (07). One of the 2 cent pieces is 12 sided and I can't find any information about it. Sunday we were right back in there. I got some more IH's and 2 V's (1883 and 1895). Just as I was leaving, Ken and his wife pulled seated dimes and I had to stay for 10 more minutes. I got lucky and pulled an 1875cc seated dime about 15 yards from Ken.
I also got some nice buttons, a ring, a handfull of wheaties & clad, and other relics. All in all, this was the best three day outing I've ever had.
Thanks for reading and HH,
Mark

PS IH dates (1860, (2) 1864, 1865, 1867, 1890, 1897)

Attachments

• 1 centers obverse.jpg
    1 centers obverse.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 2 cent group obverse.jpg
    2 cent group obverse.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,400
  • 2 cent group reverse.jpg
    2 cent group reverse.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,403
  • odd 2 cent obverse.jpg
    odd 2 cent obverse.jpg