My best Yard Sale finds EVER!!!!

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a yard sale yesterday and was lucky enough to be the first person to arrive. A lady was selling her "old" cameras and didn't want them anymore. It was 2 Leica cameras. An R4s SLR and a classic style M6 rangefinder. She also had 4 Leica lenses to go along with the cameras. If you know anything about camera equipment, you know that Leica lenses are some of the best in the world. I paid $200 for everything. The total value of the cameras and lenses is somewhere between $3500 and $4000. I couldn't believe it!

Attachments

• DSC_0297.jpg
    DSC_0297.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3,644

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got the deal of a lifetime, great score. You are correct, it the lens that makes a camera :icon_thumleft:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dog you!! :)

That's the BEST camera deal I've heard of in years :thumbsup:
I still own an M-6 with several lenses plus an R4-S. . . my son's using the R4 now in school.

BTW, if you decide to keep one of those, hang on to the M-6 with the lenses. . . razor sharp images :o
It also wouldn't hurt to snap the shutter a few times once a month at the slower speeds. . . it'll keep
it in sweet shape. . . (take the batteries out too).

OP
OP
pjroo33

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watercolor said:
You dog you!! :)

That's the BEST camera deal I've heard of in years :thumbsup:
I still own an M-6 with several lenses plus an R4-S. . . my son's using the R4 now in school.

BTW, if you decide to keep one of those, hang on to the M-6 with the lenses. . . razor sharp images :o
It also wouldn't hurt to snap the shutter a few times once a month at the slower speeds. . . it'll keep
it in sweet shape. . . (take the batteries out too).

Yea... I was shocked at the cameras she had for sale. I didn't even bother asking if she could go any lower in price. I figure I will hold onto the M6 and 2 lenses for a while. The two M lenses are a Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 and an Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8. The other 2 lenses are a Summicron-R 50mm f/2 and an Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8. I will be selling the R4s and 2 lenses in the next couple of weeks.

I can't get the battery door off of the M6. I think the camera sat so long, the battery has probably corroded. I have no clue how to get it off.

ddbowdoin

Aug 30, 2010
Boston, MA
pjroo33 said:
I went to a yard sale yesterday and was lucky enough to be the first person to arrive. A lady was selling her "old" cameras and didn't want them anymore. It was 2 Leica cameras. An R4s SLR and a classic style M6 rangefinder. She also had 4 Leica lenses to go along with the cameras. If you know anything about camera equipment, you know that Leica lenses are some of the best in the world. I paid $200 for everything. The total value of the cameras and lenses is somewhere between $3500 and $4000. I couldn't believe it!

dude, as a photographer that is an F'N GOLDMINE!

so jealous, def the best lenses in the world, period... weighs a ton but thats quality all steel/glass

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey pj, great find! i see your near philly, i'm in levittown.
HH
mike

Barbarossa

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2011
pjroo33 said:
I can't get the battery door off of the M6. I think the camera sat so long, the battery has probably corroded. I have no clue how to get it off.

Soak it in distilled (white) vinegar - use a cocktail stick to drip some around the battery cover.

:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions