OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey angel_09.....Our methods are different but the out come is the same...I use any and all tools that help me in locating and recovering my finds. If people want to spend all day covering an acre of land that is their right. I will keep on spending 15 or 20 minues checking out an acre of land as the more area I cover turns into more finds........Art

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=xupz
correlated, correlated, correlation,

Fascinating, such precise wording, effectively says nothing. Hmm now that I think of it, it sounds suspiciously like a statistician. As a matter of fact, being a statistician doesn't require high intelligence, simply the ability to parrot another's works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A biased sample is one that is falsely taken to be typical of a population from which it is drawn

tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=af1733r=RealdeTayopa HI af, speaking of unlikelies / astronomical odds - why did humans evolve as they are , why do they exist in the first place?
\\\\\\\\\\\

]af this is the reason you keep getting Ignored. What does this have to do with the discussion at hand? \****************
Aren't we talking of subliminal senses?

Inicdentally the reason that they STATE that I am being ignored, is quite simple , basic psychology states that since they cannot answer most of my questions, they just run away and hide. but I guarentee that if I make a mistake you will find that I am not being ignored by their gleefuly pouncing upon it..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A biased sample is one that is falsely taken to be typical of a population from which it is drawn

tropical Tramp

I

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=af1733 [.
Why does dowsing work differently for everyone who dowses?
Why is dowsing different?

Af you are being silly, why don't you toss a basket ball just like everyone else or say an internation star;?

You have a brain and the same physiology as he so, go win $1,000,000 as a basket ball star.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Operational definitions are inherently difficult — arguably, even impossible — to apply to mental entities, because these latter are generally understood to be accessible only to the individual who experiences them and are therefore not independently verifiable."
=================
Of course I can dowse! It's quite easy, just not very useful. - Carl

Tropical Tramp

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I find it funny that this is a case of something that truly has to be seen to be believed, yet we continue to debate. If I were to say, "I can balance a dining room chair on one finger", there is no reason to believe I can do this without witnessing, even if I produced a photo of it, that could be faked. Yet a skeptic will insist dowsing is impossible, without having to see it done.

I noticed a common trait among the skeptics too, have you, my friend Tropical Tramp? ;)

Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will repeat this post 203 until someone makes an intelligent statement.

ORO this makes 4 posts that no one will address, so what conclusions would you make? Snicker

HI I will simply state that in my initial tests of dowsing to see if it warranted further study, I had my wife hide my wedding ring. I successfully found it 9 out of 10 times so either dowsing is working or telepathy, Both are flatly denied in here sooo?

p.s. NO she was not in the room, so the were no subconscious signals given.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Operational definitions are inherently difficult — arguably, even impossible — to apply to mental entities, because these latter are generally understood to be accessible only to the individual who experiences them and are therefore not independently verifiable."
=================

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Jean310 link=topic=\Art, could you please stick with this question, before you go bouncing around somewhere else?thanks. ;D
Yes, by all means do as they do ART, they have a habit of avoiding any questions that might strain their narrow viewed minds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HI I will simply state that in my initial tests of dowsing to see if it warranted further study, I had my wife hide my wedding ring. I successfully found it 9 out of 10 times so either dowsing is working or telepathy, Both are flatly denied in here sooo?

p.s. NO she was not in the room, so the were no subconscious signals given.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Operational definitions are inherently difficult — arguably, even impossible — to apply to mental entities, because these latter are generally understood to be accessible only to the individual who experiences them and are therefore not independently verifiable."
=================

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence.

Now I saw a man balance himself on one leg of a chair while on a cable high above the ground. Now ..does this mean that Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence or is the fact that I and millions of others saw it happen proof ?....Art

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=aarthrj3811 Now I saw a man balance himself on one leg of a chair while on a cable high above the ground. Now ..does this mean that Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence or is the fact that I and millions of others saw it happen proof ?....Art
cute art, and true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like Marks, I am a sceptic, but of a different kind. His scepticism is directed towards anything he regards as "paranormal", taking as normal that which lies within the limits of ---- "current" -- scientific understanding.

"My scepticism is directed towards the assumption that -------->
"we know enough to proclaim what is possible and what is not".

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Oroblanco....I think Idomotor Response is one of the most important functions of the mind. Where I differ from some of the others is when I am told I can't control Idomotor Response. It is a fact of life that if we couldn't control our "thoughts and ideas" we would have destroyed the human race thousands of years ago and still may destroy it....Art

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=SWR link=]Hey Art...if you think high-wire acts are "extraordinary claims"...which part of the circus does dowsing belong?
With electrical engineering that supposes that it now knows every thing there is to know aboutthe universe and life itself?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like Marks, I am a sceptic, but of a different kind. His scepticism is directed towards anything he regards as "paranormal", taking as normal that which lies within the limits of ---- "current" -- scientific understanding.

"My scepticism is directed towards the assumption that -------->
"we know enough to proclaim what is possible and what is not".

Tropical Tramp

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thank you for the 60 answers. I have learned that my test is a good measure of my skills. I am sceptical about my own dowsing skills. I test my self so I am positive that when I post something that I can do it. Before I answered Carl I rechecked my units to make sure they would not work at 5 feet .Before I took the photo's I rechecked to make sure that I could jam the signal. I buried 3 pounds of gold two years ago. It is 5 feet deep and I go by and check it form time to time. In ten years I may have the answer to " does the signal change on long time buried treasures " My wife that has tried dowsing and has decided that it's not for her She reads the forum some times and gets a big laugh out the answers I get. ..I feel good about myself for posting what I think of Carls test......Art

I went by the spot where I buried the gold. It has been 4 years and using the same equipment and methods I find that the signal has not changed. I am tempted to dig it up as it’s value has almost tripled…Art

Thanks AF for making me read these old posts

rubberdiver13

Dec 19, 2008
worcestershire
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000, c-scope,laser b2
did the same thing with my gold signet ring, got here to hid it in the garden, first place i went to was the place she thought about hidding it, but it led me to it sure enough ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread