My Dowsing Test

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
The Skeptics are always crying and telling us that Dowsing is just chance guessing. I have done my own tests about 20 or so times. I use plastic Easter eggs to hide a 1/4 oz nugget. That gives me 6 possible locations. I set in the house and my wife puts the nugget under one of the egg haves. She walks around the house and knocks on the front door. I go out and find the nugget. I come back in and hand her the nugget and then we repeat the test again. We do this until she refuses to do it again. Usually around 20 times. I don't need an odds chart as 100% is good enough odds for me. I know I will be told that my test means nothing as for some reason it's not scientific....Guess What...I'm the only one I have to prove anything to....Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
The Skeptics are always crying and telling us that Dowsing is just chance guessing. I have done my own tests about 20 or so times. I use plastic Easter eggs to hide a 1/4 oz nugget. That gives me 6 possible locations. I set in the house and my wife puts the nugget under one of the egg haves. She walks around the house and knocks on the front door. I go out and find the nugget. I come back in and hand her the nugget and then we repeat the test again. We do this until she refuses to do it again. Usually around 20 times. I don't need an odds chart as 100% is good enough odds for me. I know I will be told that my test means nothing as for some reason it's not scientific....Guess What...I'm the only one I have to prove anything to....Art

Sounds like a good test to me. If you come to VA this Spring, do the same test, and score 14/20 (70%) or better, I will pay you $25,000.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee..I had a great Idea ( Ideomotor Response ) You can go to VA and show everyone your expert dowsing skills. ...Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
OK Jeff. ....How did you locate all the stuff you told us about if it didn't work ? Carl has offered $ 25000.00 to me if I can find the gold bar at 5 feet. There are jokes on here all the time that they will not locate gold at a few inches. The 5 LRL's that I have used and tested Will NOT find gold at 5 feet. If you think that Carl doesn't know this fact, I have a bridge in San Francisco that I will sell cheap....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Whomever you are today...This my thread. It is about how people test Dowsing Skills. It is not a platform for hate speech. Take a hike....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Whom ever you are today....This is my thread. It is about how people test Dowsing Skills. It is not a platform for hate speech. Take a hike....Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
OK Jeff. ....How did you locate all the stuff you told us about if it didn't work ? Carl has offered $ 25000.00 to me if I can find the gold bar at 5 feet. There are jokes on here all the time that they will not locate gold at a few inches. The 5 LRL's that I have used and tested Will NOT find gold at 5 feet. If you think that Carl doesn't know this fact, I have a bridge in San Francisco that I will sell cheap....Art

No, I just offered you $25,000 if you can successfully repeat a test that you devised. Your gold nugget, your Easter eggs. I even made it easier, by not requiring you to score the 100% you claimed to do, but only 70%. You may use an LRL, dowsing rods, mind reading, or even guessing.

Can you really do it?

- Carl

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Carl ...Let's put this to bed...I have skeptics belittle me daily...I have read you web site and have tested some of the units that you have...I know they work ....If your any kind of engineer like you claim you have to know they work. I know how to mess up dowsers and LRL users. You make a big deal of offering a 5 foot test to me and when I turn it down you make remarks. I have told you which units I own and you darn well know that I will not except your offer. If I didn't know the limits of my unit I may have been one of your victims. I can take a set of Dowsing Rods find anything I want to. Yes I have had a few times when I have missed. I know of two times that you have turned down someone's tests and I have said nothing.....

I am happy about how L-Rods work for me. I try to pass knowledge on to others but have a lot of trouble from rude people. Why should I take a test from a Skeptic that I think is not telling us what he knows and may or may not be willing to do anything to prove his point....Art

Can I do what I say....All the time

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
If your any kind of engineer like you claim you have to know they work.

Of course I know how they work.

You make a big deal of offering a 5 foot test to me and when I turn it down you make remarks.

You claimed to be able to locate gold. So I offered you $25,000 to locate 10 ounces from 10 feet. You declined.

You claimed to be able to step on a silver coin and have your rods cross. So I offered you $25,000 to perform that very test. You declined.

You claimed to be able to consistently locate a 1/4 ounce nugget in 1-of-6 locations. So I offered you $25,000 to perform that very test. You declined.

There is a pattern here, that involves a heaping helping of "cain't do it".

I have told you which units I own and you darn well know that I will not except your offer. If I didn't know the limits of my unit I may have been one of your victims.

None of my offers require 100% accuracy, and should be quite easy, if dowsing works. So tell me... is there any kind of dowsing test you can think of, at all, that you could successfully perform, while I am watching?

I know of two times that you have turned down someone's tests and I have said nothing.....

Really? You mean Mineoro? They won't respond to my repeated emails. Wayne Groller? I accepted, and he refuses to move forward. Kelly Brown? I accepted, providing we could agree on a protocol. He refused.

Why should I take a test from a Skeptic that I think is not telling us what he knows and may or may not be willing to do anything to prove his point....

Err... that's what the $25,000 is for.

- Carl

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
It's real simple Jeff.....I don't need Carls OK before I can Dowse. Using a set of Dowsing Rods is a whole different thing than using L-Rods....I knew from one of your first post's that you were not going to fair very well in Carls test. You insisted that I had to trianglate my targets. If you know what your doing you don't have to triangulate. The only time I use that method is when it is to steep or bushy and I want to mark it on map so I can find another way to get to it. When you said you had to use a metal detector to pinpoint the location that is a sign that your equipment is not very good or you don't know how to use it. I know my Dowsing and I know my electronic equipment. Carl has offered LRL users these fair tests of under 5 feet for years and then ragging on people that know their equipment will not work at the distance. Carl and Karl are using the same old story line.. Just thought I would give you a little information about your new padners....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
You claimed to be able to locate gold. So I offered you $25,000 to locate 10 ounces from 10 feet. You declined.
You claimed to be able to step on a silver coin and have your rods cross. So I offered you $25,000 to perform that very test. You declined.
You claimed to be able to consistently locate a 1/4 ounce nugget in 1-of-6 locations. So I offered you $25,000 to perform that very test. You declined.

Gee Carl....Now your getting a little funny......The offer I declined was for a 5 foot test. You and I know thats a scam. 7 out 10 people who have never Dowsed can stand on a silver coin and the rods will cross. How are you going to keep your money with that one. The third one I can do any time I want.Why would I take the test when it doesn't look like it's a fair test to me.....I see three scams so I will pass...Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:
Gee Carl....Now your getting a little funny......The offer I declined was for a 5 foot test. You and I know thats a scam.

5 feet... 10 feet... is there any distance at which dowsing works?

7 out 10 people who have never Dowsed can stand on a silver coin and the rods will cross. How are you going to keep your money with that one.

You and I had previously agreed on a test, where the silver coin is randomly placed in a holder, and you step on the holder and determine whether the coin is there or not. You had told me this would be a fair test, and I agreed. $25,000 if you can do it.

The third one I can do any time I want.Why would I take the test when it doesn't look like it's a fair test to me.....

So now you're saying the very test YOU described as being 100% successful with, is unfair?

Once again: is there any kind of dowsing test you can think of, at all, that you could successfully perform, while I am watching?

- Carl

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

That statement lets me know everything about your test. For years I have ask the people of this fourm to make a set of rods and step on a coin. Most of the ones that have tried this know that the rods will cross. If they have not tried this it is a good time to try. I ask those that the rods close for how anyone would give away $ 25,000 for steping on a coin... It's real simple....They are not going to cross when Carl gives the test....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Your yelling again Karl....Isn't your theory that all Dowsing is from Ideomotor Response ? You have told me over and over that the only reason my rods cross is because I know where the coin is. You have stated over and over every thing I find is a known target. Well lets see now...I know where the coin is as I can see it. I agree it's a known target. Since no one can control Idemotor Response the rods will cross. There is no random chance odds as I know where the target is. Are you now saying the rods will not cross. Please give me one reason why they would not cross. ...Art

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aarthrj3811 said:

That statement lets me know everything about your test.

This isn't my test, it's yours.

For years I have ask the people of this fourm to make a set of rods and step on a coin. Most of the ones that have tried this know that the rods will cross. If they have not tried this it is a good time to try. I ask those that the rods close for how anyone would give away $ 25,000 for steping on a coin... It's real simple....They are not going to cross when Carl gives the test....Art

Are you saying that dowsing only works when I'm not looking?

Once again..........ahem....... is there any kind of dowsing test you can think of, at all, that you could successfully perform, while I am watching?

- Carl

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Thanks Dell for the imput....I discovered this when doing tests and trying to null out large micro gold deposits. One of the methods I know of is completey non electronic and costs less than 5 dollars to make. If you add a battery you increase the range. How do I know my units will not work at 5 feet. When Carl posted the 5 foot test a few years ago and while the skeptics were having fun I checked my equipment. Since then I have checked three other units. When I knew that this would be brought up this week I checked them again before I replied. Carl knows that each unit has it's limits just like Dowsing Rods have a limit.

I didn't say anything after Carl tried to scam me but now he trys it again. I didn't know how easy it is to jam the signal the first time but now I know. That puts any so called tests by Skeptic out of the question...Art

Rich NY

Apr 7, 2005
If somebody can jam a radar signal or cellphone signal or other types of signals, why can,t a signal be jammed from a generator?

I've been in quite a few hunts with my metal detector. If I get around somebody with a detector close to the same frequency it will make my detector go crazy.

Rich

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here are the alibis so far...

• Dowsing (and/or LRLs) can't locate gold from 5 feet, or 10 feet. Proponents don't seem to want to say under what conditions gold can be located, if at all. Therefore, any test that involves locating gold is bogus.
  • Art can consistently pass his own testing methods, unless Carl is watching. If Carl is watching, then his tests become scams.
  • Carl can use a black box to completely nullify all dowsing and LRL responses.

Is this right so far? Anyone else want to add more alibis?

And I'll ask again, since no one has answered yet... Is there any kind of dowsing test you can think of, at all, that you could successfully perform, while I am watching?

- Carl

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Rich....Thanks for jumping in...I jammed my own detector is the only reason I know how to do it. Good luck on your hunts....Art

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Huh?

I have no idea what you are blabbering about.
All I know is... if you can't find Gold 5 feet in front of you, what makes you think you can find it at 500 yards?
You and Dell are looking for every excuse possible to not take Carl's challenge.
Why?
Because you already know that your bogus contraptions DON'T WORK AT ANY DISTANCE!
Jeff has already told you that fact... and you can believe it, he learned the hard way.
>Karl<

Please give me one reason why they would not cross. There you go again. I ask a simple question and you answer Huh ? Then you chance the subject.......Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread