My dump bank almost dumped me

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Today I go in to deposit a check and dump some coins on one of my banks. One of the other tellers walks up and whispers in my teller's ear, then leaves. I'm quickly told that they can't keep taking large volumes of coins from me anymore, I'll have to send them directly to the Fed. ::)

Now I know what's up, but I play along. "Oh, I didn't know I could send stuff directly to the Fed. How do I do that?"

Her face drops and she runs off behind a locked door. :icon_scratch: I assume she went to check....

She comes back and without saying a word picks up the phone and has a 20 minute conversation with someone about me and my coins. Every once in a while asking me stuff like, "Do you have an account here?" "Yes," I reply.

"I can only find this little business account in our records."

"Most of my stuff is in brokerage, I've got 7 accounts up there. You can call and speak with so and so..."

She mumbles more on the phone, "Well I read the vault manual and it says...", :icon_study: "they're heavy!", :tongue3: "comes in quite often..." On and on. You know the deal. Comes in often. Little does she know I rotate between five banks only hitting her once a month.

I was trying to decide what to say, something along the lines of taking business elsewhere, :walk: but she wouldn't care. Then she hung up the phone, looked at me and said "I'll just take them.' :headbang:

Time to expand my list of dump banks I guess...just thought I'd share.

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Dam once a month is "comes in often", that is probly the most infrequent of anybody on this board. Pretty sure most everybody here makes weekly stops, my system requires one or two stops per branch weekly. Probly a good thing you got some money upstairs or your wimpy teller may have won. HH Mark
BTW- "send them straight to the FED", never heard that one before haha.

boxerchip

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2009
alabamadan said:
Today I go in to deposit a check and dump some coins on one of my banks. One of the other tellers walks up and whispers in my teller's ear, then leaves. I'm quickly told that they can't keep taking large volumes of coins from me anymore, I'll have to send them directly to the Fed. ::)

Now I know what's up, but I play along. "Oh, I didn't know I could send stuff directly to the Fed. How do I do that?"

Her face drops and she runs off behind a locked door. :icon_scratch: I assume she went to check....

She comes back and without saying a word picks up the phone and has a 20 minute conversation with someone about me and my coins. Every once in a while asking me stuff like, "Do you have an account here?" "Yes," I reply.

"I can only find this little business account in our records."

"Most of my stuff is in brokerage, I've got 7 accounts up there. You can call and speak with so and so..."

She mumbles more on the phone, "Well I read the vault manual and it says...", :icon_study: "they're heavy!", :tongue3: "comes in quite often..." On and on. You know the deal. Comes in often. Little does she know I rotate between five banks only hitting her once a month.

I was trying to decide what to say, something along the lines of taking business elsewhere, :walk: but she wouldn't care. Then she hung up the phone, looked at me and said "I'll just take them.' :headbang:

Time to expand my list of dump banks I guess...just thought I'd share.

SOLID. I think its such a joke when bank tellers refuse or try to refuse coins. Sorry if you dont like your job.... but you work at a BANK your job is to exchange money. suck it up and deal with the extremist (thats us CRHs)

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey bamas slama, sounds like that bank is on the verge. You are right when you said you need to mix up the dump banks a little.

Golden Silver

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
davest said:
I wonder if that was the "stress test" the banks were given? :icon_scratch:

lol , Dan glad to hear that you can still dump on them it sucks to lose banks especially if there is only a few in your area , Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread