tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, today in SE Pennsylvania it was cold and windy but sunny. I got done with classes today at noon and I don't work until 11pm. I haven't detected in weeks due to the weather and I was getting antsy. I bundled up in layers and went in the backyard to see just how frozen the ground was. It was like concrete! So I found a small chisel and a mallet and decided to go next door again where I found the wheat pennies and Irish silver ring a few weeks back. First I found the 2 pennies. Next was the quarter. I was about to give up because it was too cold and taking too long to dig up anything and I didn't want to scratch anything good. The neighbor lady let her cute puppy out, she is my good luck charm. The ring took me around 30 - 40 minutes to dig up. I wasn't sure if this was a wedding ring, or a piece of metal from a water hose or something else. When I finally chisel it out of the ground, and have it in my hand, thats when I show some emotion. I went straight to the jewelry store to find out what they could tell me about it. The inside says " 10k.G.F.&Sterling " . Basically its 2 rings together. The outside is sterling silver. The inside ring is just plated with gold. But hey, it's GOLD!!! The jeweler is so nice, she said she will help me identify anything i find. She cleaned the ring for free and weighed it. It weighs 3.5 dwt, 20 dwt = 1 oz, 1 dwt also equals roughly 1.5 grams. Sooo my ring weighs 5.25 grams, or .188 oz. I love my ACE 250!

Here is the vid on photobucket, just click it

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Youtube video as well, same as above.
( might take a few minutes before it works, i just uploaded it)

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The first of many! I'm sure you're glad you sucked it up and got out there :)

HH!
TBGO

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, nice ring. Did you asked the lady who lives at the house if it was her ring?

Heck with that frozen ground, did that last week.

I wonder how the sand would be at the local lake beach? Anybody ever dig the in the winter in a frozen zone of the country?

OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I asked her, she said it isnt anyone of her familys. She is single.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tpmrcp said:
Yes I asked her, she said it isnt anyone of her familys. She is single.

Good for you. I'm proud of ya'.

anteater

Dec 2, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Beach Magnet, Compass Magnum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful, wonderful pictures! I may have some questions about cameras for you later. Good work!

OP
OP
tpmrcp

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ask away. My camera is a Sony DSC-P200 7.2 mega pixel camera. I always use the close up function, that is the button with the flower on cameras that have close up.

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I hope you find many many more interesting things! I didn't know about the house before lol this is the first post I read from you so I guess I will have to go find the other one :)

LORI

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Man, that's a keeper and great pictures too.

WTG and HH.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY NICE!!!...Way to hang in there. The feeling hasn,t come back to my feet yet. But hey I can type. I just got back and I desperately need some boots. These dang tennis shoes just don't keep my feet warm. I found a little clad, a 1994 rabies dog tag and a 1944-plain wheat cent. I really like my Ace 250 tooooooooo.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Nice to see someone hunting! Awesome find! DFX-Gregg

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal. I was thinking about you the other day....thinking, guess tpmrcp must be frozen over like us... Probably studying hard and chasing women on the weekends. ;)

I've done enough metal detecting this year that I can wait another couple weeks. Although, I might just give it an hour tomorrow and see how bad it is out there.

Take care. Enjoy the ring. Looks great. ;D

Mirage

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
Nice find & nice presentation ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread