tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, today in SE Pennsylvania it was cold and windy but sunny. I got done with classes today at noon and I don't work until 11pm. I haven't detected in weeks due to the weather and I was getting antsy. I bundled up in layers and went in the backyard to see just how frozen the ground was. It was like concrete! So I found a small chisel and a mallet and decided to go next door again where I found the wheat pennies and Irish silver ring a few weeks back. First I found the 2 pennies. Next was the quarter. I was about to give up because it was too cold and taking too long to dig up anything and I didn't want to scratch anything good. The neighbor lady let her cute puppy out, she is my good luck charm. The ring took me around 30 - 40 minutes to dig up. I wasn't sure if this was a wedding ring, or a piece of metal from a water hose or something else. When I finally chisel it out of the ground, and have it in my hand, thats when I show some emotion. I went straight to the jewelry store to find out what they could tell me about it. The inside says " 10k.G.F.&Sterling " . Basically its 2 rings together. The outside is sterling silver. The inside ring is just plated with gold. But hey, it's GOLD!!! The jeweler is so nice, she said she will help me identify anything i find. She cleaned the ring for free and weighed it. It weighs 3.5 dwt, 20 dwt = 1 oz, 1 dwt also equals roughly 1.5 grams. Sooo my ring weighs 5.25 grams, or .188 oz. I love my ACE 250!

Here is the vid on photobucket, just click it

DSC00659.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

Youtube video as well, same as above.
( might take a few minutes before it works, i just uploaded it)

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome find dude!! Loved the video! You were so stoked! I would have been too. Thanks for sharing and may you find many more!

HH,
Moon

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mirage had it juuuuuuuuuust a little backwards; the girls hear about you finding rings and they'll be chasing you! Way to go. Isn't that a great moment?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU are da' Man!!! Nice ring & video. Congrats.
-MM-

lawman0210

Jan 6, 2007
Edgewood, MD
Detector(s) used
Garret ATI Pro, Ace 250 ATI Gold, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. Since getting my new detectors its been mierable. I had to go to Baltimore all day otherwise I would of tried getting out. Haven't had the urge to use a hammer and chisel tho

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love it...love the video....That's what we want to see....Congrat's,nice job!!!!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
frozen ground in Reading and still Totally Pimped!!! good stuff!!! Once the weather warms up I have to get down there and swing the detector. I'm thinking the Peanut Bar afterwards followed by a trip to the Pike Cafe or the Northeast Tap Room. Bring your hotties!!

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that ground was cold looking! Way to do the deed, nice ring!

WTG,
HH,
Ramapirate

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
YEP..You got da fevah! Not to mention frozen hands.
SUPER FIND and thanks for the vid. How cool is THAT!?

~Nash~

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's a pretty ring.

If it fits you, you should wear it for good luck.

Congrats and stay warm! Nice video too!

Ridley

Texas Jed

Jan 24, 2007
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Im Still getting use to my ace 250, I was wondering what mode you were working in and what the ring registered as? Any insight is greatly appreciated, oh and by the way congrats on your gold! TX JED

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread